Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Gninja Developer

2. Brensia New Member

You are missing the point. You stated that it was not a guaranteed drop everytime to get one of the three items in a zone, whether it was the drop off the boss or one of the two clickies, when everyone else is telling you that does not match what they've seen. It's lovely that you are telling us repeatedly the system hasn't changed, but either your understanding of the drop rate is skewed, or everyone else is just incredibly lucky.
  3. Gninja Developer

No, Im saying that nothing was done to make them less or more rare than they already were. If they show up 100% of the time, cool. If they show up 75% of the time, I'm saying we didn't mess with that at all, so you don't think we made them more rare when we did not.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Brensia New Member

Ok, now your making much more sense. Wouldn't it have been better to say exactly this to begin with instead?
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Awesome thread hijack BTW... lol
  6. Rubick Well-Known Member

Awesome, well in that case let's put the pitchforks away and rejoice in this fantastic news. Thanks for the clarification.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

100% sure? Or 75%? Or are you not changing your mind in which/when it makes decisions? :D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Cyrrena and Dannni like this.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

Aside from the complete mind boggle of introducing invisible items that can be looted anonymously as one of the most monumentally bad ideas in recent memory, all this does is remove the anonymous ninja loot problem. If all group members roll need on every drop, then just adding the item to a chest doesn't address the underlying issue the OP brought up.
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

I was basing it off the lowest I know of 3 people being able to do the heroic zones. If you can solo heroic or your 5 friends give you all drops then yes - 48 without repeats and assuming you can find all the clickies. Let me know how that works for you.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

Still a horrible execution for a TS item whether you like it going to the boss loot or not. That just saves the time of searching and the threat of ninja looters and no one knowing who did it.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

so you were accounting for RNG, and Then mentioned that there is RNG that would increase the 144?
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

To be fair, it's not DBGs job to 'jerk proof' every aspect of the game. Even if such a thing were possible, it would make the game either unplayable and/or unfun.

Moving the items to the last boss prevents anonymous jerks, which is a big deal, in my opinion.

If people are that concerned, make a trusted person leader. Set the loot for last mob to leader only, roll random 100, have leader give out.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

I understand the reason for putting it in the chest rather than the ill conceived implementation, and it's absolutely the right thing to do.

What I mean is you still have the celestial teachings locked behind weeks and months of grindy uninsipired 'content', possibly hundreds of dungeon runs depending on your luck and the generosity of group members - and you still might not get what you're after, which is, I think, the core of the OP's question.
  15. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Kudos to Gninja and Caith

Personally, I still think the celestial teachings drop system is awful and a blatant cash grab, but eliminating the clicky search post-zone completion and stopping the PUG ninja loot issue is most definitely a big plus
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

I kind of like the idea of the invisible clickies.

Made me think the the hidden items in Arcanna'se. It's nice to have hidden stuff in game.

Now while the arcanna'se mount was hidden, it's was easier to get. Plunder items were also some ways hidden, but what they give is just house items.

make hidden quests is fine. It's even a great idea. U need to add hidden quests, hidden achievements, hidden named, random named in zones is also great. it's luck based of course and some won't like it but it's nice coz it makes game a bit more alive, .. less reliable, can surprise us more.
    But I don't know if mixing a hidden quest with a crazy grind was a great idea. also mixing a hidden crazy grind with celestial teachings. even being grand ascended. We don't need to be lvl 110 to start droping master from chests, so why do we need all that for ascensions ?
    Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Hats off to Gninja for venturing into the wolve's den with a solution to player concerns ☺
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Except the token you get from the TS NPC in Skyshrine raid, that is fully tradeable and you could buy one from the broker. And the item you bought? It was the complete item, not 48 items.

Problem solved. Thank you, Gninja.
    Sejreia likes this.
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Everyone is reporting much much lower drop rates on the components though, so grats if you got yours early. It's going to be a long slog for the rest of folks per usual.
  20. Rubick Well-Known Member

Who is reporting low drop rates? I ran 20ish zones yesterday, including every zone at least once, and got a mat every single time. Plus horns can drop from Torden 1 now, Clockwork Grease from Gears 2, etc. This was a huge buff. Thank you @Gninja!