List of Tradeskill Dailies?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lavasca, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Lavasca New Member

I have returned to the game after a four-year hiatus and am working on my crafter's. I have been able to muddle through most of the major quest lines but am trying to compile a list of where the dailies are that I should be hitting. I cannot seem to find a comprehensive list of just the dailies and am getting frustrated going to zone after zone to check and not really knowing if I'm just not in the right area or missed something.

The zones that I can't figure out if they have dailies or not are:
    Cobalt Scar - if you can't do dailies then the Mysterious Blue Coins are finite?
    Withered Lands
    Eastern Wastes
    Great Divide

Are there dailies for this expansion other than the every five minute one in Thurgadin? Or is there an actual website/list that someone could point me to so I can find this somewhere else on the web.

Thanks so much for any help.
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

I think the only reason you might want to do the dailies for ToT or KA are for the books and not even sure those are worth it anymore. The old coins have limited if any usefulness.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

Have a look at EQ Traders Corner, there is a section for quests, as well as some really handy tips and information.

As far as the mysterious blue coins - yes and no. When I looked into it, there was no daily in CS that rewarded them. However. You can get them from the daily quest your research assistant gives, but only at level 95. Not level 94. Not level 96.

So I just got an 'extra' alt up to level 95 and did no other quests so I could build up a stash of those coins.

I'm not a lunatic. Why are you looking at me like that?
    Moonfyre, Tillamook, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

Depending on if you decorate or not, those coins also purchase house items. You also get the status tokens, which is the only significant way for crafters to contribute to their guild xp at higher level.
    Finora, Cyrrena and Prissetta like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For the Velious stuff, which is specifically what you asked about, Thurgadin is "it".

There is supposed to be one from Supplymaster/Quartermaster Grant in Cobalt Scar once you hit a certain point in the CS timeline, but it STILL isn't working for everyone like it should, so there isn't a good way to get the Mysterious Blue Coins. I'd heard that it was fixed recently, but I just went there with someone who's earned her hands of the maker, and no quest was available. :(

I'm now trying to figure out which character on Test/live has done part, but not all, of the CS line, because I've always suspected that the problem is that there are multiple versions of Grant, depending on where you are in the questline, and they're only fixing one version of him. {headdesks}
    Tillamook, Finora and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Zorash Member

I was able to do the repeatable quest from Grant while I had everything done except the quests up at the main camp. I was on a toon that I thought I was just starting the quest line and kept getting the quest over and over again. I finally looked in my journal and found that I was up to the quest to talk Quartermaster up there (before he is stripped of his duties).

This is what happens when you start a quest series and then don't go to finish it for about 5 years....
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Mum, have you used EQ2U's TS Report? I find it invaluable for finding out these things.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can also get the Mysterious Blue Coins from the chests in the instances like Siren's Grotto, but I ran that instance as many times a day as I could for over 4 months and only increased my coin supply by *drumroll* 8 coins. I do not think this is a viable way to get them myself. I stopped using a bunch of my other crafters when they hit 95 so they could farm coins but that did not last long as I needed to complete Proof of the Pudding.

I did combines for Proof of the Pudding for tons of people over 2 years and asked for nothing other than the combine I needed. As soon as I did the combines for them poof they were gone and I did not get the combines I needed, so I had to use those crafters and do Proof of the Pudding so they could do the combines so I could finish Proof of the Pudding. So my Mysterious Blue Coin stable of Farmers is down to 2 now.

I did not even know when I started all this that the only way to get them reliably, because the repeatable is not repeatable, was a crafter at 95. So a few of mine, I took past 95 then was banging my head on the desk. I have begged, pleaded, asked, whined, and everything in between for either the repeatable to be repeatable or make it so any tradeskill of at least level 95 can get a Mysterious Blue Coin when doing their apprentice daily task.

And NO, I am not going to go and delete the tradeskills that I took above 95 before I knew of the lack of a viable method for obtaining the Mysterious Blue Coins and relevel them. I refuse and nobody can make me!!!!

Now I am returning to the bubble that I share with Tekka and a few others from the Tradeskill and Homeshow forums because it is warm and fuzzy in the bubble and we are safe!!

Cyrrena

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events and holidays)
    Tillamook and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Running the instances nets you quite a bit of coins, rng is really doing a job on you. However, I do agree on this is not a viable/efficient way to get the Mysterious Blue coins.

I don't understand what you meant by proof of the pudding and not having farmers for blue coins any more. Just wondering what you meant/clarity. To add, there is no way (as a crafter) to just stop leveling at 95 and leave the crafter at that level in order to accumulate the coins. Unless, is there an expac that stops at 95? that doesn't seem reasonable either..

The repeatable really should be fixed, it's been years now and not fixed...multiple times they've had a go at fixing it and still broken. My original suggestion was to let Grant hire an assistant that all they do is give out the repeatable. Grant seems to have too much on his plate and mucks up giving the repeatable.

The players that did the content, when it was current, at least had some time to build up their blue coin reserves. Folks that have come up or switch/started fresh in another server, are struggling to get the coins. Please fix the repeatable.

Just rambling I think, no real point to my post, but here I am :D
    Spindle, Kethryl and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Lucus Well-Known Member

i'd suggest recruiting a few people and /bug report it. i /bugged the lord ree encounter which is part of the quest update for the soulfire timeline not all that long ago then they fixed it in a patch not long after, sending a PM to a dev on discord couldn't hurt ether.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

For being an Irish person from Ireland, I have terrible luck, so RNG and I are not compatible.

As for a crafter left at level 95, it will indeed not remain at that level indefinitely, but if you really watch your experience gain so when you *ding* over to 95, you have as little experience as you can carrying over towards level 96, and then you never craft anything with your "farmer" except for whatever item your apprentice wants that day, and I even ignored my apprentices and their desires if any form server bonus like double experience was active, I was able to keep the farmers for quite some time. Unfortunately, not long enough to get enough coins for them to get the items, let alone the others that I leveled up past 95 without knowing that the apprentices only gives you the coins when you are at level 95 (I really should read up on stuff like this before jumping in but I like to do whatever I can do without reading walk-throughs and such first, which in this case backfired).

As for having to use my "Mysterious Blue Coin coin farmers" to finish proof of the pudding, I gained enough TS experience from turning the faction grind writs in and from finishing the quest series for Neeta Cabbageleaf that it dinged every one of them over to 96.

As for Grant, I believe he refuses to offer the quest again because the New Combine is still paying his salary for all this time without him doing that portion of his job and he is of the ilk "why do all that stuff when they pay me anyway".

Just my 1 punt worth...

Cyrrena
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There are several old threads in this forum about it, many concerted /bug reports put in ... and every time they've announced it fixed, it hasn't been. I'm not going to pester someone about it until after the TS line is done, as we don't need them more distracted right now. :)
    Rosyposy, Faeonara and Xianthia like this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Upon examination, I found...

Acting Supplymaster Grant is willing to offer "Fuel for the Fire" infinitely, once you complete "Up the Danger" and "Locating the Lost". (Does anyone find this to not be the case?)

Then once you complete "Creating the Amber Storm" Grant is promoted and thus no longer offers the quest.

I'm working on a change that will convince Amli, located near Acting Supplymaster Grant, to take up the task of feeding the troops. He'll be offering "Continued Fuel for the Fire" infinitely, once you complete "Creating the Amber Storm".

~ Kaitheel
    Moonfyre, Sambril, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you SO much for investigating this. I'd mentioned in past threads that I suspected his promotion was to blame, but kept getting side-tracked enough with other stuff that I never actively followed up. This will be greatly appreciated. Let me know when the fix is ready to go, and I'll be sure to give it the publicity it deserves. :D

<3
    Rosyposy and Spindle like this.
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm forming a We Love Kaitheel line. <3

Thank you for looking at this and seeing what the problem was. We've been waiting for this fix a loong time
    Argosunited, Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you Kaitheel, where can I send your first shipment of Kaitheel preferred treats and the treat guard that goes with them?

Join the revolution KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events and holidays), I would not ask to take him from events and holidays as I know he loves that hat. But he gets us like nobody else at DBG does, so I have started the revolution to get his extra hat that everyone at DBG has to wear to be a hat for the TS/Decorators. He probably hates me *sighs*.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Katz Well-Known Member

Where will Amli be located once he begins his new job?
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If I am reading correctly, Amli will be near where the first version of Grant is and will remain there when that slacker is promoted.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

I was hoping close to the zone in point to make it easier to pick up the quests. The adventure ones for Siren's Grotto are in the Big Tent. Perhaps Amli could be outside the tent?

I don't remember where the first version of Grant was as it was a long time ago when I did those quests.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Near the zone-in from GD (i.e., via the griff, not the bell, since it can be done before the bell is unlocked for a player)

It is going in tomorrow.

Sambril, Katz, Kaitheel and 1 other person like this.