Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Gninja Developer

That is not accurate. The rate at which they can be gotten from the zones will not change. They will just be obtained as a drop instead of a click. That does not mean they will be 100% drop as they were never 100% drop/click.

Rate at which components show up in these zones will not be changed.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Vencido Member

I've run lots of zones and if there isn't a drop there is always a click. Whether it was intended or not there has always been 1 of the 3 materials in each zone (excluding tower breach/gears)
    Enigma and Mermut like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

This has been my experience as well.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

except in the source .. I struggle to find clickies in the source

but must be just me :)
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Can we possible get legendary transmutation stones that transmutes into infusions of the planes from drops like we have the treasured ones? i find getting 100 infusions to be a real struggle.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I agreed with you, without the component they are indeed trash, and I'm tired of getting trash as a reward for playing a game I pay for.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You have to get the components to get the recipes anyway so it's all moot.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

Can you please confirm how the drop will now work?

So you are saying that they were never 100% drop rate, yes but when they were not in a chest, there was always a clicky to give you another item.

Now with this change, does it mean there is always a chance to get one of the items per zone in the chest? or there is a 1/3 chance there will be no chest drop?
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

how much % each ? is it 30% each or some more likely to drop than others ?

33% each ?

at least won't be a 10 min search after completing the zone :)
  10. Gninja Developer

The rate at which these showed up in zone was not changed. Only where they show up in the zone (chest instead of clicky)
    Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  11. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Yeah, in over 100 zones this last week we have never had an instance that did not have either the chest drop or the harvestable.

Be a real downer if the rate of acquisition was slowed down so hopefully it does stay a guarantee for getting one of the three.
  12. Gninja Developer

The system that controls when/which of these items show up did not change.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Xellium Active Member

Gninja.
    This change is great.
    Thank you for listening to your customer feedback.
    Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

wrong components wrong recipes

This thread is about Celestial Teachings... and not about the mount.

[IMG]
  15. Napaalm New Member

Being apart of I would say the first 6 to find out about them on Maj Dul, I can 100% confirm that every single zone outside of the event heroics / Tower Breach / Gears in the Machine have 100% drop rate on the tradeskill materials, whether it be the one that drops from the chest from the last boss, or the two clickies. I have many others such as Vynie / Baktrax / Razpberry / Vuldamaz who can confirm what I am saying is true. If it is being reduced to a flat 75% chance to get a material from the last boss chest, it would be essentially making it much harder to get the 48 materials required. I think removing the clickies and just having a chance of one of the three to be in the chest is a great idea, but I believe it should be 100% of the time because that is what it currently is.
  16. Gninja Developer

Spindle likes this.
  17. Rubick Well-Known Member

Gninja I'm being told you're under the impression these are currently a 75% drop rate. This is not true. I have run enough zones to see 5 people get their mounts and there has never been a zone outside Gears or Tower Breach in which there was not one of the three materials. They are a 100% drop rate except for those two. If you guys change it to be a 75% chance to drop then essentially it's making things worse. This is a great change to allow rain drops/horns to drop out of Tower Breach, etc. but if you nerf the drop rate to 75% it's going to make things worse than they are currently.
  18. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Appreciate the clarification, Gninja.
  19. Gninja Developer

Semperfifofum and Spindle like this.
  20. Dannni Active Member

If they add in an extra 2 zones that does go some way to counterbalance if they were to change to 75% drop rate