Inquisitor's Combat Arts.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Beyoncia, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Since the spell versions are now do more damage and have better debuffs, please increase those of corresponding combat arts. CAs used to do more damage (about 1.5-1.7 more, if I'm not mistaken) at the cost of longer recast. Now the damage falls behind the spells. Not to mention that it is way easier to get doublecast then double ca.

P. S. I guess Warden and mystic have the same issue.
    Quillyne, SteveB, Blazen and 5 others like this.
  2. Obadiah New Member

Any response or thoughts on this?
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah same boat
    Mermut likes this.
  4. kadonkadonk New Member

I still say the unholy adept should be able to help cure or something like the defiler dog. that thing just sits there and looks my guild mates down and intimidates them. its sad I tell you sad. also id like to see the aa death prevent be a until cancled.
    but id like to see that pet do something tho for real. that's just a waist of code and space.
    Vulnere likes this.
  5. Uganda Knuckles Member

inquis used to be big big dps. now inq dps is maybe lowest in game. also 1 ward. not good. buff inq!!!!!
  6. Fleurs Active Member

Why inquisitor should be the only one class to have a usefull fluff spell, while all the others classes's fluff spell have absolutly no effect? Oo

Those unholy adept are cosmetic pet.
  7. Rammz New Member

I've been actively raiding T1/T2 with my Inquisitor. Few observations (feel free to disagree):

1. My role in raids has basically been reduced to: HP buff, Reactives on tank (mostly useless with a Shaman in the grp), cures, death-prevents, debuffs and patch healing other groups. So....a mid-range healer with a lot of utility. That's helpful for a raid...but man is it boring.

2. DPS is completely gone. I used to be a top-8 DPS in competitive raids and now I'm lucky to be top-15. Don't even bother spending a ton of money leveling up ascensions or spells. The ascensions are our only DPS and it doesn't add up enough to offer much at all. They're actually more effective at triggering surges than actually doing damage.

IF you want to do more DPS, you have to get your potency insanely high. But don't think for a minute you'll ever contribute as much here as you did pre-PoP.

3. Don't take the Doublecast bait. It's not that it's not worth trying to get to 200DC, it's just that it doesn't help us nearly as much as others. Almost all of your heals are already full-heals, so casting it twice is meaningless. The one thing I haven't tested yet is if DC works on the Ascensions...in which case there'd be a slight argument for it...but still...not a lot of overall DPS.

4. You are correct that the spell versions now do more damage...at least in theory. But they also now have casting times and are ranged, when you were probably spec'd for melee before. Our ranged auto-attack blows.

5. Putting points (above soft caps) in Multi-Attack, DPS and Haste are pretty much a waste. Make sure your casting speed is 1,100 for the free DC, Reuse/Recovery are 100% (I've heard that raid mobs can debuff 100% of this, though I haven't seen data) so I have 200% in each to be safe.

Finally...the only class I actually feel worse for is Templars because they got whacked the same but have less difference-making utility.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

3 - SDA works on Ascensions. Heals won't SDA anyway. It will also mean all your spell version of spells SDA.
    4 - Change the delay on your wand to 4s and you'll get the same amount of autos as normal melee, likely more cause no delays. Downside is your Auto Attack multipliers generally don't apply to ranged weapons.
    5 - Templars have 2 pretty large wards & lots of Tank damage reductions. They are in a far better spot than Inqs.

As a note - I do believe the Melee Equivalent of spells for Inq/Warden/Mystic do need looking at balance wise in light of the fact maxed SDA is pretty common.
    Obadiah and Rammz like this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Double cast has NEVER affected heals. In fact for healers, Ascensions has been the only reason to even worry about it. Just a guess, but if you were at 100% last expansion the mitigation against double cast now may be a very large part of the reason for your drop on the parse.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Uganda Knuckles Member

not true.
  11. Obadiah New Member

Firstly I imagine Bey is moronified by some unhelpful comments. I don't think there was any request to buff Inquisitors, make fluff spells useful or to improve their DPS.

At the risk of being banned from forums.... like many things this expac (which I like the feel of in most respects) there seems to be a distinct lack of understanding by those behind EQ2 (or maybe there are too few to look at everything) when considering the big picture. CA Conversions for priests have always been kept inline with spells and been good choice to put points into as a melee priest. They are inferior to spells of the current tier now, so for someone who is looking for small gains spells are probably a poor choice. Personally, from a play-style point of view I will continue to use CAs but it would be good to have this looked at. At the end of the day though I don't think it's a biggie as these spells all seem fairly inconsequential anyway - useful for debuffs and procs and something to do when there is nothing else to do but the majority of Inqi DPS comes from auto-attack and ascensions.

Now apologies for going off original topic but some, hopefully helpful, responses to Rammz.

I do disagree with a lot of what you say. This is no personal attack on you but an attempt to share some of my "wisdom" at playing an Inqi - and I am sure there are many that disagree with my choices and playstyle, but it works for me.

1. In the last two expacs Inquisitors feel much more like the original class. We do a great job as a support healer, curer, debuffer, buffer (as far as possible in this over-inflated day and age) and chip in with a bit of DPS as required. Personally I have fun and enjoy my job as I always have since launch.

2. I disagree. While I believe we shouldn't be competing with T1 DPS classes (and probably shouldn't be with other DPS and utility), I don't find I have any trouble being in the top 25% of DPS parse - not that I am particularly trying to be. I do have maxed Ascensions, but as an Inquisitor you can do decent DPS without these. You are correct about needing higher Potency - you need to be trying to get it above 60K. Youv'e got points in the right AA's for this, and have Rune of the Championshop [IV]. Try and get Rune of Witness and some Planar Adornments or Raw Power wherever you can put them. You probably should also prioritise upgrading the Ascension Level 10 Potency buff if not already done.

3. You say not to take the Doublecast bait and then have reforged as much as possible into Casting Speed. There are more efficient ways to improve your Doublecast and I would recommend using the Casting Speed Conversion as the last icing on the cake once you have sorted other stats out. Try and get a cloak with Doublecast on it instead of Flurry - there are lots of jools with Flurry on but not many item slots with Doublecast. I would recommend improving Doublecast, but after you have sorted melee stats.....

5. Absolutely disagree (other than Haste - depending on your gear choices, which converts to Flurry). While everyone barks on about the mitigation against double cast (because this is all that affects most classes) as an Inqi you need to play and set things up differently from anyone else (if you want to still do a bit of DPS). The same mitigation buff the mobs have also debuffs Multi Attack and Flurry and Ability Doublecast. If you want to be absolutely maxing auto attack you need to aim for 2300 DPS, 1320 Multi Attack and 180 Flurry (as well as 180 Doublecast and 60K pot) for T1 raid mobs (and get your WDB as high as possible). Make sure you are using snacks at all time to improve Weapon Skills and Auto-attack Multiplier. Of course you don't have to reforge into these stats but you won't see as much DPS from melee auto-attack otherwise. 60-90% of my dps parse comes from auto-attack depending on how lucky I am with ascension surges combined with fervor procs etc.
    I haven't felt too many problems with not having 200 Reuse/Recovery. Recovery in particular tends to get massive increases from other class buffs in a raid so I don't aim for any more than 100 solo.

Templars are rocking at the moment.....

Finally feel free to have a look at my profile. There are some AA choices that I'm not happy about - I wouldn't normally have points in upgrading Inquest but I've got fed up with power drain this expac and am doing my teeeny bit to help. I'd also like WDB to be higher but there is no gear, yet, this expac with big amounts on it. With procs I am generally running at 550-600 WDB consistently during a fight. It used to be more like 700 with KA gear.

I am sure there are many that disagree with how I play an Inqi but I enjoy playing it the way I do and these are just some thoughts to share with you that might help you enjoy it if you find it boring. I find that the choices I make don't reduce my ability to heal (on average about 50% of my heals come from Prepared Defenses and 20% from Convert Ally - class orange rune required).
    Rammz and Prissetta like this.
  12. Rammz New Member

Great info! Glad to see this thread gathering some good feedback from the community. Keep posting as you find stuff!
    Obadiah and Prissetta like this.
  13. Observing Active Member

Based on my calculations, Inqs should be able to sustain 3B DPS on a training dummy and burst up to 9B DPS, if they go all out on maximizing their DPS. That seems like pretty good DPS to me. It is possible that there are some hidden mechanics that I am unaware off in EQ2 that would prevent you getting that much DPS.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

combat mitigation and potency mitigation ?
  15. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

And based on my calculations, faes should be able to fly on thier own:)
    Inquisitor can do 300-500 ml dps on a solo target with the class toolkit right now. May be a bit more with more wdb overcap and means to achieve it. Increasing potency makes tiny to no difference to our combat arts or spells. A bit comes from weapons dps procs.

The rest is pure ascension damage wich varies depending on the class, spell tier, potency, celestial proc, crit chance and ascension combos.

Speaking about our combat arts again, why not to make them able to doublecast? Like you did to some scout and tank's combat arts?
    Obadiah and SteveB like this.
  16. Observing Active Member

Yes you are probably correct. I was calculating using 17 Rune of Embers, which while not Lore or Lore-Equip, I now think cannot be equipped in multiples because of its Ember tag.

Off hand, do you know if the epic 2.0 boost to fanaticism affects pets or mercs?
  17. Cunning Member

The limit on Ember runes still bums me. As it is now max wdb is 661? Unless there is another overcap source I'm missing. That plus maxed melee stats means your auto attack should sustain close to half a bil by itself.(assuming you remember your snacks so your hit rate stays up) If you can get one of the nice crossbows to drop you can actually hit slightly harder and from range...

As to the pets and mercs I don't think it buffs them. But it's been forever since I had a conj in my group.
  18. SteveB Active Member

Any news since the Inqui CAs are still underperforming?
  19. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, they do. As well as spells, Fanatical Devotion, Bolt of Power, Cleanse, Pentient Smite, Strike of Faith and every other spell or proc we have. Basically Exorcise is the only ability that does more then a couple of million dps. My usual dps chart on a raid boss looks like the following:
    Crush 60-90%, depending on fight duration and weather I use Terene Destruction or not.
    Ascension spells 5-30%
    Exorcise 5-7%
    The rest of spells, abilities, procs 0-5%
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

same for mystics or wardens ...wether it's spells or CA .. they are just insignificant

and the mystic fervor boost to CA doesn't do much .. the base damage is so low that it doesn't change in any meaningfull way