Master spells droprate in PoP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Torquem, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Torquem Active Member

Hi

Before the beta process of PoP, Devs promised the way we upgrade standard spells would not be changed.

In some way, they were right: we don't need to scribe journeyman, adept, and expert versions, to scribe the master. Thanks for that.

Nevertheless, they forgot to tell us a detail... the nerf into oblivion of master spells droprate !

I've not seen the loot of a single one so far ! And, look at the broker : only 3 or five per class, and proposed at completely insane prices (millions of plats !).

Is it working as intended ?
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

The master drop rate seems big because we were lvl 100 for 3 xpac.

masters were always supposed to be super rare, GM even more.
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

I grinded the entire Thanatorse The Festrus King Mount and in that ENTIRE time I did not even have 1 master drop... I understand they should be rare.. but not that rare lol
  4. Torquem Active Member

With a level 100 alt, yesterday, I finished 12 KA solo instances, et i've been rewarded with 3 master scrolls.

From day one of PoP: 0 level 101-110 master scroll in solo or heroic zone....
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Masters seem ok to me, especially as you can just go straight to GM once you have one.

They do seem more common the harder the content you do as well (raids seem to drop more frequently then heroics, which are more frequent than solo etc.) which is nice.
    Snikkety likes this.
  6. Torquem Active Member

From a raid guild member point of view, I can't say you surprise me Errrorr (you're probably one of the happy few who sell master for millions of plat). Nevertheless I've been playing this game as heroic player since 2005, and I never felt such a neglectable droprate in heroic or solo content....
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I haven't done a single raid in about 4 months now. Also in most raid guilds if a master drops, someone actually uses it rather than sells it.

I'm purely heroic player now, and have seen 7 or 8 masters drop so far this expac.
  8. Torquem Active Member

So, about one master scroll per guild and week ? wow, such a huge droprate :p
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Not really. Masters were much more common in the early game. Practically every raid mob dropped a few, and heroic bosses had about a 50/50 chance at one. Around the time research became available via station cash they heavily nerfed the drop rate. Since then they're further nerfed it at least once. I have no idea if they've nerfed it again with the launch of PoP, but masters never used to be as rare as they are now.
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

They seemed more rare when older content was still current content, but that's a matter of time changing perspectives. The last time I leveled up a conjy I had so many low level masters I was selling hem to merchants or giving them away because no one bothered buying them on the broker.
  11. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I have to agree the drop rate on masters sucks and research time sucks even harder. DBG has really limited my play style this xpac for a number of reasons but I'll save the others for another post. So far I have seen zero masters drop, I don't have millions of plat so I won't be buying them either. That leaves research at 40+ days from expert to master, so by next xpac given the current drop rate I might be able to upgrade 9 spells, if I started the day the xpac went live. Oh wait...guess I can spend a crap ton of rl money to upgrade them all...can guarantee that will not be happening, I'll stay a casual player before I shell out more rl money on a dying game. For fun I going to calculate how much it would cost to upgrade all my spells, guessing a few hundred dollars.
    Meneltel and Dude like this.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

Its a new expansion , we got to lvl 110 and there are new spells.. im doing fine with experts spells and actully get exicted when i see a master drop
    Next expansion they will probably drop far more often
    Only thing that really gets me is the ancient recipes to make ancients are 1 time use and must be super rare cause i havent seen a single drop or heard of friends/guildies getting any.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

in raid we get them off of like 25% of the raid bosses. And when we're doing 12 a night, drop rate is suddenly not too bad.
    semisus likes this.
  14. Revel Well-Known Member

No they weren't. Masters were dropping like candy out of Thalumbra/KA solo zones even.
  15. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well I'm happy you raiders are seeing them but that just furthers my point. I had considered getting back into raiding but I can't get my toon ready without dropping rl money in the cash shop.At least before they were dropping occasionally in adv solo zones giving me a chance at one to use or sell to make a little plat to buy one I needed. I'm sorry but I don't see how you people make millions of plat unless you're selling loot out of zones I can't get into because I need the loot out of them for people to invite me to group. Anyway, back to the masters... drop rate still sucks for anyone but raiders.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

That's false
    solo drops transmute into Infusion of the planes which sell for around 20k each.

And yet again back to the same thing that I'm going to get yelled at for saying, but...
    If you aren't raiding, you don't need to min max your character. Even if you are raiding you don't have to. However it isn't going to be a possibility if you don't raid and top tier spells are a part of that.
  17. Jaeded Well-Known Member

You have your opinion and I have mine, obviously as a raider you don't understand. I get that I don't need max level spells if I won't be raiding but that was my point. I would like to raid again but really feel like the state of game is working against a player who came back as a casual player (for me mid KA xpac) and would like to raid again. Most raid forces worth a damn won't consider you if you don't meet certain criteria. Anyway we will never agree so I'm out of this conversation.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

Even if you decide to raid you dont need top tier spells at this point , experts will do just fine
    However acensions are another thing and its really depressing that to get your lvl 1-10 up you have to go back to KA
    I hope they change this so there are chance for ascensions scrolls to drop from solos/heroics/raid again for the lvl 1-10.
    Snikkety likes this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

I have yet to buy anything outside of the sub/xpac and I came back about April of last year. In fact, my current main character was made in late august and it's up to par for raiding. Yet again I say: it is effort and time, not money. It's not an opinion. It is a fact that money simply is not required to start raiding.
  20. Ellimist Active Member

If you are only running heroics then you don't need masters or GM's they are just a nice upgrade. Raids for T1 and T2 are balanced to expert even. Gninja confirmed as much.

While the drop rate is definitely low they aren't a must have thing unless you are competing for DPS and like to have the biggest epeen.