(LORE) Are Iksar Cold-Blooded?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kelvmor, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Kelvmor Active Member

I'm curious--are Iksar cold-blooded, or are they lukewarm? How do they survive in frigid temperatures like Everfrost, Velious, and around Teren's Grasp?
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If they followed the late-lamented Father Innorruk (no, I prefer His daughter, Lanys) He would allow their hate to keep them warm... :p
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You know she's gone too now, right? ;)
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Never! She will return... just like Father Innoruuk will, I'm sure. Cant keep an evil god down for long. Evil doesn't die... it just sleeps!
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Well, not based on how I've seen some people role play them, no... freakishly no.
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The only blood the Iksar are concerned with is the blood of their enemies.

But really, I spared a few moments to look for an answer to this and couldn't find anything specific. I think I have an old Kunark lore document saved somewhere on my computer that I'll have to dig up later!
    Dude likes this.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

since reptiles can be cold or warm blooded... but being cold blooded is generally slower to conserve... i'd say very hotblooded.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

I think all races can be both , ive met alot of cold blooded people in my journeys across Norrath regarless of race
    Prissetta and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

As much as my Dark Elvess (and some Trolls) lament Inno's death, Ikasrs are Cazic's Children and couldn't care less about Innoruuck (or Lanys FWIW)
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I would say that the Iksar are cold blooded, and it's why they thrive in such a hot climate like Kunark, but are almost considered myth to places like Everfrost in eq1. even under Rile's attempts to expand via his navy, he always went after warm climates, like faydwer or the lower portions of antonica. the the area of kunark that is cold and frigid, is almost entirely populated by undead iksar. whcih to me speaks against their resistance to the cold, whch would explain why Gorenaire was such a threat to them wandering around. Considering they had fought wars with the dragons before, a single dragon wandering in the open would seem easy picking unless her breath weapon was particularly dangerous to them, or the climate in which she thrives is inherently hostile.
    Leed likes this.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yes, but Sathir made a deal with Innoruuk long ago... if he could, others could also.
  12. Kelvmor Active Member

Now that was a deal of convenience, and one made during a ritual--a ritual wherein Sathir also invoked Anashti'Sul, Goddess of Undeath. Sathir was out to make himself a god; Innoruuk he saw more as a rival or business partner than a divine master.
  13. Anaogi Well-Known Member

I just assumed that they were warm blooded. It's not that far out even for reptiles. The slimmer build for the females gets me though, oviparous and all, if the egg remnants seen so far are any example...
  14. Kelvmor Active Member

I just thought I'd ask--I notice that Iksar seem noticeably dimmer than all the other races when using Infravision. Is there no definitive answer in the lore...?
  15. Kelvmor Active Member

Sorry for double posting--but yes, Iksar do lay eggs. That's a fact.
    Lucus likes this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would join the lore channel using the /join lore command. There are people hanging about in there that know everything about everything. I am amazed when someone asks a question in there at the in-depth answers they are provided.
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Iksar_Lore

"Iksar are anthropomorphic lizards, and reproduce by egg-laying. They are bipedal. Iksar are covered in a resilient skin of imbricate (overlapping) scales. Likely of class Reptilia, order Squamata, they are also likely of the suborder Lacertilia. Distantly, they are related to Sarnak due to being their creators.

Of particular note, however, is that Iksar are endothermic (warm-blooded), not cold-blooded like most other lizard species. This must be inferred because of the production of heat by females during the reproductive cycle."
    Lucus likes this.
  18. Kelvmor Active Member

I wish I could see the sources for that webpage. The station.sony.com links are out of date.

That being said, given their acquatic nature and jaw structure, and body structure, Iksar really do seem more of the Crocodilia Order than Squamata...
  19. Tillamook Member

I just want a pair of Iksar skin boots....:)