Swashy Dagger Storm only half fixed after 1-4-18 update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alch, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Alch New Member

OK Dagger Storm does hit now but the part about "Multiplies the damage for every target engaged with the caster up to 8" is not working. After running several zones in a Heroic group I noticed my Dagger Storm on big groups of mobs was not anywhere close to the other scouts. And before someone asks I did re-commit my AA's.
    I decided to test it on dummies. I compared my Swashy to a Trouby alt of mine. My Swashy way outclasses the Trouby with over 21000 more potency, 500 more CB and 500K more ability mod. On a single dummy I got results I expected of the Swashy Dagger Storm hit for 3.6 billion of damage and the Trouby hit for 1.2 Billion. I then set up 8 dummies in a circle and hit with dagger storm. The Swashy hit for a range of 3.1 to 3.5 Billion on 8 targets for 26 Billion total hit. Now the surprised the **** Trouby hit for a range of 4.2 billion to 7 billion for 39 Billion total. The Trouby hit for one and a half times the damage with 21K less potency. I did the test 3 times and numbers were all within that range give or take a Billion on total.
    I am thinking the Swashy is not getting any boost for multiple targets.
  2. Agarth Member

Here's a comparison between Troubador and Swashbuckler Dagger Storm ingame damages :

[IMG]

The characters stats are fairly close. The ingame tooltip values show that the Swashbucklers still have a stronger dagger storm than others scouts ( Swashbucklers got that in Terror of Thalumbra patch )

Test versus dummies :
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Swashbucklers Dagger Storm damages don't scale with additional targets.
  3. Alch New Member

Thanks for confirming what I saw. When nobody replied to this thread for several days I was wondering if it was just me bugged. After doing lots more zones and a couple raids I have seen this lack of multiple increase on Dagger Storm lots of times on the ACT parse. For single target the Swashy Dagger storm is stronger than other equally geared scouts and I saw that in Raids. But in Raids against multi-target, like 1st name in the Disease zone, the Swashy Dagger Storm will be last against the other scouts by a large amount. Agarth you did a test against 5 targets but it is even more dramatic at 8.
    I am thinking most Swashy are just happy it even works now after being zero damage over the Holiday season.
  4. Agarth Member

Yes, of course it's even worst with 8 targets :

[IMG]
    Poetic_Justice likes this.
  5. Redlight Well-Known Member

Our first raid back since Swashy Dagger storm was returned to us last night and it is a noticeable difference between scouts, if a Dev could acknowledge that they now know this is an issue and will work out a fix I think it would put minds at ease,
  6. Kaladz Active Member

Yeah, definitely looks like the multiplier isn't working correctly for swashes.
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

Bump so we can get one to reply
  8. Uganda Knuckles Member

Outrageous. Remove dragonfire from monk add to swash give swash love one day great spirits.
    Redlight and Agarth like this.
  9. Kaladz Active Member

Nothing in tomorrow's patch notes :(
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Bah maybe next week!
  11. Redlight Well-Known Member

Outstanding work yet again, maybe 4th time lucky

" Give Swashy love one day great spirits" Amen brother I couldn't put it better myself.
  12. Agarth Member

After today update, Swashbuckler Dagger Storm scale correctly when fighting multiple targets :

[IMG]
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This should be scaling correctly now. Let us know if you're still having issues after today's patch!
    Meneltel, Mindsway and Prissetta like this.
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

Nice, Agarth. It appears as though the ToT boost to DS for swash is still applying after the fix. I'm glad for swashbucklers but frankly, surprised. I had wrongly assumed that with Double Up not applying for brigs as it used to, the devs were intending the new DS to apply equally among all scouts and that it was the special coding for swash that was creating the problem they had the last couple weeks.
  15. Alch New Member

Thanks Dev's for fixing this. Much Appreciated
    Sejreia, Poetic_Justice and Prissetta like this.
  16. Valzen Well-Known Member

My swashy's dagger storm is completely broken. I've recommitted AA's twice and no change. It's animation works, then a chat says "not a valid target". No damage doneat all. :(
  17. Azian Well-Known Member

This is on a target you are already engaged with? In other words, if you are testing on a training dummy you need to hit it with something else first and then DS will (should) work after that. Same would be true of a non-aggro mob. Your target has to be engaged prior to DS damage applying. If it's still not working under these circumstances then it sounds like you'd need to put in a petition and hope for a timely response.