Raiding Armor Drops and Patterns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Jhen Ro, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jhen Ro Active Member

Can someone definitively explain how the armor works in raids in PoP now? I've seen and heard rumblings of various things at both T1 and T2... Alt friendly, so just get one and can buy more for alts.... etc.

We just started raiding PoP this weekend and are now trying to figure out the new system.

One of the drops was: Prototype Foot Coverings (http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2344317295).

The person used the item and selected what they wanted inside - Innovative Manalink Boots (http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2875908513).

But, this did not light up for purchase anything on this person's account on the merchants in Valor. Neither for the same toon or for alts, whether chain or not.

Additionally, hearing that you need the T1 item to get the T2 item? So this person will need this 1) specific item, 2) a pattern, and 3) stones in order to get T2 raid armor? Is that correct?

Not sure where the alt friendliness comes in with this, since now even if the item is only a minor upgrade, everyone will need them - but, I could be misunderstanding the process.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?
  2. SteveB Active Member

I can only tell you that all T1 raid armors are listed after you finsihed all T1 Mobs. I can not buy them because I do not have the pattern.
    Additionally but that I can not confirm, because I do not 100% surely know and do not see the T2 armror is, that you have to have the T1 pattern to be able to buy the T2 armor too. If that would be the case it would be ridicoulus because thane verybody need all armor patterns of T1 to upgrade to T2 etc.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

An example would be you need T1 boots already to " empower " the T2 boot pattern along with polished gems and raid currency if you want to purchase the T2 boots, a DKP nightmare and just more filler.
  4. Gninja Developer

The tier1 raid armor are all drops and they are not available on the merchants for alt purchase. Once you get the Tier1 piece, the tier2 pattern, and the gems you can purchase the tier2 armor piece. Once that item is purchased it can be purchased without the pattern/armor piece/gems for your alts. The same system is required for tier3 and tier4.
  5. Vogie Active Member

Gninja, is it like for like then or does any T1 piece plus the T2 pattern open up all available stat configurations available? If that doesn't make sense what I'm asking is if I have the T1 Mit Plate armor will I need the T2 Mit plate armor to open it up or could I use the t2 Plate dps piece to open up the T2 loot?
  6. Gninja Developer

Just spoke with Fyreflyte and he said it should be any tier1 boot can buy any tier2 boot so just restricted to the slot and pattern.
    Jhen Ro and Vogie like this.
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

Why would i want to have a t1 raid armor piece when its same resolve as heroic and others without heroic may need it more. I was hoping to wait for t2 armor..now you tell me I cant? Ugh. Horrible idea.
  8. Vulnere Active Member

I've been skipping ALL the tier 1 raid drops, as I already have equivalent heroic gear, and others are way under-geared.
    My kindness will put me way behind the others on my raid team.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Sounds like time gating to extend the expansion artificially.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  10. Jhen Ro Active Member

Thank you for responding! So loot the "Prototype Foot Coverings" .... open to get "Innovative Manalink Boots " ..... Get the T2 Pattern drop (and gems from heroics)....

So anyone who will be wanting T2 will need the T1 drop first. Thanks for clarification!
  11. Uncle Active Member

gninja

Is there anyway we can get a specific write up about this from Fyreflyte since he is spearheading how it is/should be working...
    thank you in advance for this.

Uncle
    Jhen Ro and Mermut like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

So, in order to get a T2 raid peice, you MUST loot a T1 raid piece? Even though it is only a tiny upgrade to T2 heroic armor?
    So every single raid toon has to have T1 raid armor before they can get T2 armor?

If so, this is going to make gearing out members.. and keeping track of who SHOULD be bidding on which armor pieces a nightmare :(

Edit: Do you actually have to have the T1 armor piece 'in hand' to turn in with the T2 pattern and gems?
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Vulnere Active Member

I wish that T2,T3,T4 dropped items, not just patterns.
    If you get the item, whatever it's tier, our account is flagged.
    Enable alts to purchase these items with gems, or purchase patterns with gems. The mechanic really doesn't matter.

This doing things serially, (must have T1 to use a T2 drop) is going to greatly alienate one of the strongest parts of the
    customer base --- needlessly.
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Redlight Well-Known Member

It would be easier if once you are flagged for a paticular tier it opens up the next tier as you work on progression, so you clear T1 it allows armour from T2 to be purchased with gems/coins anything else is a pointless gating mechanic.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Rhoks Active Member

Im kinda confused,

So if I am a mage and unlock T1 and T2 from raids, am I restricted to only getting mage gear for my alts or does it unlock everything from that pattern?
  16. Jhen Ro Active Member

The way I read this.... and I am not saying this is true, just my interpretation..... is that if I as a defiler loot ANY Tier 1 boot pattern/container/thingie-item and therefore open it up to get fancy boots for me, then when the time comes and I get a T2 BOOT PATTERN, I can hand in the pattern, some amount of gems via heroics, and Fancier Boots are then mine?

Is that right?

So looting T1 BOOT is the key here. Getting the T1 piece lights it up on the merchant persay, and the pattern and gems are the cost, plus status/plat?

Feel like I'm asking the same thing over and over again, just having a hard time wrapping my head around how it works.
  17. Vulnere Active Member

I probably spend more money on this game than most people.. i'm probably considered a 'whale'.

Raiding is the thing I like best... other than making alts.

But how this raid pattern thing is implemented, greatly reduces my desire to raid, and thus my desire
    to play.

I can't be the only raider in a top guild that feels this way.

It could be time-gated other ways, without adding a needless layer of unending
    extreme frustration.
  18. Anaranj Member

Exactly, let's see a raid with 24 players; each player must obtain 7 patterns of T1 armor to be able to obtain a complete T2 armor. That is, 168 drops in T1 raids (assuming that the pattern does not repeat, which is very much to assume), so that guildmembers begin to be able to equip T2 armor. And then to wait again for that minimum of 168 different patterns in T2.

Horrible idea in fact. It seems an artificial way to extend the life of this expansion. And of course very tedious. I begin to see myself as a rat caught in the wheel running tirelessly and unable to move forward.
    Vulnere and Dude like this.
  19. Gninja Developer

Sorry, I was mistaken. Tier2 armor does NOT require the tier1 armor piece to purchase but you are required to have defeated all tier1 bosses before it will let you buy a tier2 item. Buying a tier3 piece of armor does require the tier2 however, same for tier3 to tier4. You do NOT need the have the previous tier's piece of armor to buy for alts though, only the initial purchase.
    Asherman, Beee and Luciar like this.
  20. Vulnere Active Member

I think I speak for everyone.. this is as clear as mud. A scenario-walkthrough explanation might be helpful.

And if this does turn out to be too onerous, then I'll be probably be chased away from the game,
    after spending huge piles of $$$ to become competitive. Remember, I'm the guy who wrote my heart
    out, defending the Dev's -- so I'm not a negative Nancy in any way.

thank you.

K.