Still no Dagger Storm fix for swashbucklers...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

Really Daybreak...
    Poetic_Justice likes this.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

u really think u can expect anything between chrstmas and new year ?

u'll have to certainly wait early january now
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

It should have been fixed last week Thursday.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

The last half of the month after an expansion might not be the best time to go into maintenance mode, and it might not be standard for the industry, but it's their practice.

They did announce that last week would be the last patch until after the first of the year. Sucks that major issues were just left on the table unfixed, but that's what this game is.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Here's an idea: don't screw with things a week before a major holiday. The Dagger Storm "change" should have happened the week after the new year started. The bug would have been found then fixed, followed by the discovery of the bug still happening for swashbucklers. The fix for that bug would have been put into game much quicker.

But no, they gotta go in and muck with major changes, and we know that they always add more bugs to things when they do stuff like this...and the fixes just drag on forever. Toss a major holiday season into this equation, and it will be a month before it's finally taken care of for everyone involved.
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Relanah Active Member

Or you know, don't fix what isn't broken.

Like, I didn't see any complaints about Daggerstorm. It was just a thing that scouts used 'cause it was comparable to Ascension spells, just like every other class that has some good non-Ascension skills.

Some scouts even relied on it as a crutch to not be wholly reliant on ascension skills...

So they had to go and change it. Why?

When there's so much flat out broken or garbage stuff in the game that could REALLY do with a look at... Why mess with a skill that was working and actually useful?
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Because it WAS working and actually useful? Or, if you like "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[ Hanlon's Razor
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

Christmas break is when people have a lot of time off to play games like eq2. Not fun when everything is broken.
    Ruckus likes this.
  9. Leed Active Member

The why was that when they were trying to figure out why everybody was lagging, they found that a large concentration of the time the server was processing Daggerstorm and Unda hits. They changed it to try to make it less 'computationally expensive' in hopes it would fix the lag before their christmas break came.

Kind of like opening up task manager to see why your computer is lagging, and finding some Windows service is using 99% of your CPU power - if you leave it be you can't get other work done because of the system lag, but if you force it to quit the computer seems to go back to working, but invariably you have just broken something somewhere that's going to come back to bite you later.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Oh believe me...I know. I PLAY the class that is still dealing with a broken DS (swashbuckler). I agree that they didn't need to fix it.

It's just a general statement for all things they do. Game changing things never get tested. They get tossed into the live servers, and then we find the bugs.
  11. Songwind Member

I do not understand how they can call themselves programmers when they seem to break more then they fix. I was not on Beta much but Dagger Storm sure seemed to work fine there. Now I get on my Dirge for the first time since PoP came out and my Dagger Storm is broken. I heard it was broken then heard it was fixed...........Yea......... From the sounds of things DS has been broken since the expansion came out and is still not fixed. What the H are we paying Day Break (maybe should be renamed They Break) for??? I am switching my mains from my Dirge to my Mystic so have not been playing my Dirge.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

no it was broken only last patch when they changed how dagger storm worked

then they fixed it but from what I understand, swash DS is a bit different than others coz there's one more effect ... and that's what causing DS to not work for swash still.

and depends how u use DS now. Normally it isn't broken anymore but just doesn't work how it used to.
  13. Relanah Active Member

Wasn't it broken the patch before last?

'cause last patch was the one that like 80% fixed it...

Still won't work on Swashy's 'cause of how they interact with it, and some folks have noted the range can be buggy (Not just getting used to the new, much lower range, but wonkiness within the new range itself)

Though, the most amusing part is that Unda had a similar change and that hasn't had any issues at all since the change...
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

daggerstorm for swashie was setup to deal more damage then other scouts. that is the swashie specific script caith was talking about.
  15. Redlight Well-Known Member

There is really is no excuse that the Swashy class difference aspect of Daggerstorm was missed during the "fix", hopefully it goes through on the first patch in the new year and the Devs took note of the constructive ideas that people put forward and we can look forward to some improvements, at this stage I would settle for an across the board numbers increase in ability damage until they can spend quality time on class balancing.
    Ruckus and Poetic_Justice like this.
  16. Ruckus Well-Known Member

So is this going to get fixed anytime soon?
  17. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This should be fixed with tomorrow morning's patch
  18. Ruckus Well-Known Member

The 10 or so swashbucklers that still play this class thank you for the information.
    dirgenoobforreal and Earar like this.
  19. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Funny. And then they wonder why dev team is not using this forum for communications.
    Dude likes this.
  20. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Yeah how dare he tell the truth... What a mad man.