Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if you were being sarcastic... :D I mainly just always knew it from the initials; always had to ask for the longest time:

"What's this 'KA' you're talking about?"
    "Kunark Ascending. The latest expac."

back when it was, of course. So, that's how I knew how to spell it. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Can we please make the Present nodes back down to Tier 1 gathering again? Any new toon not starting out at level 100 or 110 or whatever it is these days will take forever to get to Trivial at 95 Gathering vs. 32 Gathering. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Tkia like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: And can we get the Candles and Snowflakes OUT of the Presents nodes and over to the merchants, where they really belong? It was a nice surprise on occasion the first year, but now I just want crafting materials from crafting nodes and ponies... :(

Uwk
    Tkia, Finora and Prissetta like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes, please! I don't mind the snowflakes so much, I don't seem to get many of those, but I've got at least 1000 candles and no clue what anyone could possibly want with that many of them.

And can we get the items from the "one time ever" quests like "It's time to Sleigh the Dragon!" added to the merchants as well for tokens so we can get more of them? Like the fighting baby dragon and the no trade circlet of frost.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I've just tried playing my Frostfell Tree Snowglobe music for the first time this year and noticed it's now playing something new that I don't recognise and doesn't sound at all frostfell like. Other players tell me that the new gnomophone from the vendor plays the original frostfell music. That's all well and good as an addition but doesn't seem to be sufficient reason to break the globes that many players have had for years.

Please, Kaitheel, can we have the original music back on the tree globes? Pretty please with a fairy on top? :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was able to repeat this one on AB in different cities. I did it in New Halas, Qeynos, Gorowyn, but we have to actually have a guide come and hand it out, we don't have the snowman that gives it out for the asking.

Cyrrena
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

On AB, G'shugahplum does nothing other than say have a Merry Frostfell, even though the goblin standing next to him/her tells you to talk to G'shugaplum next you don't ever get a quest offer, I have yakked at G'shugaplum a million times and no quest that I could see.

Cyrrena
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

G'shugahplum is a one time only quest to get the lights for your Frostfell tree. The quest only becomes available once you have done the first quest for the tree and once you have done it you're done for that character.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, you are confusing the "Frostfell Tree Snowglobe" for the classic "Frostfell Snowglobe".
    Frostfell Tree Snowglobe plays "The Gigglegibber Frostfell Opus". This item was introduced in '11.
    Frostfell Snowglobe plays "The Frostfell Opus". This item was introduced in '06.

Once you locate your Frostfell Snowglobe, you'll find it is exactly as you recall.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Sigh, it's almost over... but before it's done... I noticed the elves are missing in Kelethin on Skyfire, but they are present on Test in Kelethin. The ones by the tree/closet near Joslyn's Pub. Are they quest specific? Maybe there's another reason besides unauthorized elfin coffee break?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch, Austerity! I'll get that corrected.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My confusion earlier was that I was looking in the place that was logical for me, under completed World Events, like all the other Frostfell stuff. ;->

Turns out the "Feelin' Gifty" quests are listed separately, buried away under the city that the one that was done took place in (even though the "Decoration Additions" quests are still under World Events, rather than under their cities). If you only have a few quests in any given city, that's one thing; New Halas, for example, doesn't necessarily have dozens of quests that start off in that little town (Frostfang Sea having the lion's share there), but if you made the mistake of Feelin' Gifty in Qeynos or Freeport, you could be in trouble finding it. :-/

Especially if you did it in years past and they moved it on you. :-/

Uwk
    still puzzled; at least the Haunted House thing for NotD in Qeynos or Freeport has its own strange, separate, obvious category