Names of mob loot

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anatha, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Anatha Active Member

I noticed while going through the beta that nodes were named after ToT. However, that changed when the expac went live. I also noticed that certain mobs' loot has names from ToT still! Things like cerulean umbrite shard, primary octoyogg eye, fresh octoyogg sucker from cnidcaras, and even some from KA, such as cockatrice talon and beak from plumewits. Is this just an oversite or could the devs or whoever not come up with new names? I know it doesn't affect gameplay but it just seems weird as this is not the same zone as ToT or KA.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

It's not the same zone, no, but they do recycle loot tables and loot icons - they just adjust the values and change the names. Looks like this go around they didn't have time to change the names. Lack of time to do things properly, or even finish them, is the defining characteristic of this "expansion".
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Not having enough time sounds like a management problem, not a Dev problem. In other words, they weren't given enough time to get the job done right. Like shipping out wine before its finished fermenting properly... just to get that money coming in.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Management was always a problem at SOE, but Daybreak's has only gotten worse since they hired:
    [IMG]
    Tekka likes this.