Сrafting from the purified rare resources in the new addon

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kruser, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Kruser New Member

Recently corrected the error of the impossibility of crafting from rare resources. In my opinion, the error is not corrected before the end. There was an opportunity to make the cleared resources, from which things in the past addon turned out better according to some characteristics. In this addon, purified rare resources are perceived as simply rarities. Is this a mistake, or is it intended by the developers?
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

Message unclear. Please try again. Will elaborate below.

No idea what you've 'corrected' here, or why you think its 'impossible'. Adding a noun to this and quite possibly something other than an implied actor would be incredibly helpful.

What error? In relation to what? Provide a specific example instead of talking so broad and general that nobody other than you had any idea what is going on.

'Cleared'? What do you mean by 'Cleared'? Harvested? Consumed in crafting? Purified rares? I think you mean purified rares. If you do going by past crafting it should be a 10% improvement over its base stats, and if it is like last expansion purifying is an automatic success for rares, so every combine that can use a purified rare should. i.e. the purified stat is the base stat the devs assume you are actually using.

When they gave 'purifying' a rare a 100% success rate, it became the new standard for crafting. No risk, no reward, why didn't the crafter take the extra step since it is free? So yes, obviously intended. If they wanted to "reward" us for taking a "risk" they would of left it at 50% or even dropped it to 20%.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

If they are going to make purified rares make no difference for PoP recipes, they should make the rares non-purifiable.. and they should tell the players.
    Similar with the AA/shawl proc to avoid using materials. None of the PoP recipes (handcrafted or MC) work with the proc. The proc goes off, vfx fires.. and mats still used.
    If it is intended 1) at least tell us 2) make it so the proc doesn't go off.. don't have it go off and not do anything. and hopefully 3) change the TS AA into something that does something.
    Kheldorm and Tekka like this.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

systematic consentration AA does not work either, But i bet that CE blueprint Buff with the shawl works :)
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Shawl proc does not work.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

So even teh buff from the Ce tradeskill item which has the same buffs as the shawl does not work hehe . I guess they just d not upgrade any of the abilities to work with current tier mats
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except I'm pretty sure recipes have to be flagged NOT to work for the shawl.. since, for many expacs now, the 'special' recipes.. that use tokens and/or super rares haven't worked with the shawl but regular handcrafted and mastercrafted recipes did work.

At this point, I just would like the devs to state if it is a bug or intended.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

You know that is very unlikely to happen.
  9. Masax New Member

refining having no effect for pop rares is just another in a long line of disappointments, had a stack of 10 rubicite, refined lost 6 which hurt enough but then when I made armor out of them it had no bonus, that totally sucked.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, yes. The devs have made a habit of not telling us about changes.. and now that we don't have a dedicated tradeskill dev, that is moved into tradeskilling.
    It's extremely frustrating to never know of a change is a bug or intended... that, in my opinion, is the worst 'change' of them all.
    Kheldorm and Tekka like this.
  11. Loce New Member

I too refined 58 rares and got 38 purified only to craft items that were not refined. Meaning, crafting with purified makes no change in the stats of the item being crafted. Therefore, I wasted 20 rares for nothing. Personally, I do not mind the refining process eating rares when the resultant crafting gives an item with higher stats. I think it very bad not to have refined items if the refining process eats a portion of the rares (about 35% failure rate). The refining process needs to be turned off to prevent people from getting upset at the loss in rares without possibility of reward in the way of better stats on crafted items or refined items need to be put back in the game.
    Kheldorm likes this.