House Crafting Tables

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tominator, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Tominator Member

I want to get some crafting tables to put in my house.
    • Do I need to be guilded to buy elaborate crafting tables from City Merchants?
    • Do I need a special type of house? I want to be able to share my crafting tables with other toons on my account
    • Are there separate containers for crafting mats, and crafting fuels?
    • I think I've seen that the elaborate crafting tables are around 500k status. Where do I see how much status I have? I'm crafting level 35, and been doing rush orders since lvl 15. Do you think that will be enough?
    • When I buy an elaborate crafting table from the City Merchant, does that consume status? Or do I still have the same amount of status after I buy it if I want to buy another table?
    Just returned to game a few weeks ago after a 10+ year hiatus. Having a blast! Thanks in advance for your guidance.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

Simparri and Ruallin Ebonhammer like this.
  3. Raeven Well-Known Member

You don't need faction to buy them from city merchants.

To share with your other toons, give them Trustee access to the house.

For ease of access for all your toons, publish the house. Then you can enter with any toon from (just about) anywhere through the Housing and Leaderboards in the EQ2 menu.

I have such a house on Fallen Gate server, in the Valor Homesteads in New Halas. Tempestad is the owner, is published as Comfy Crafting in Small Homes on leaderboard.
  4. Tominator Member

Thank you for your feedback it is very helpful.

Two of my characters are at 40 crafting now, both guilded, and each have been doing rush orders since 15. They each have approximately 170k status, so still a ways to go to purchase the elaborate crafting tables. I haven't been paying attention, but am hopeful the higher level rush orders award more status. I'll have my own crafting tables soon! Until then, I might poke my head into Tempestad's Comfy Crafting house ;)

One more question - can one toon place a crafting table in another toon's house?
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yep as long as it's a trustee
  6. Tominator Member

Ok two months later and I have enough status to buy some crafting tables to put in my house :) I have 5 toons, each is a crafter & have enough status to buy one (1) crafting table.

It's taken me a while to get here & I don't want to mess it up. A few more questions please:
    • While I love the idea of crafting in my house, is there anything else I should consider using the status for before I blow it all on crafting tables?
    • Since each of my five characters will be buying their own table, they each will place their table into the same house. Other than publishing the house and grating each character trustee status, is there anything else I need to know?
    • If I place all of the tables in a house, then buy a new house, can I move them to the new house?
    • By publishing my house to give all of my characters access, I assume everyone on the server will have access to my house? Or is there a control somewhere that lets me decide who can enter?
    • somewhat related question - I intend to buy a house too - is there a central place to 'tour' each of the houses other than going thru published houses? Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem that published houses have their 'house type' published so I wouldn't know what house I'm touring that way.
    Thanks for your time
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

just a suggestion for n easy example and setup... housing and leader boards...under small housing 30+ something, is "cheal and wum's sales, crafts, and ports". it's the simple crafting dojo i setup for my hubby and i. you don't need a large place.
    Tominator likes this.
  8. Tominator Member

Thanks Cheallaigh! I didn't know about that 'red glowing thing' that lets you tour all prestige houses that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I watched a Youtube video recently for a decked out dojo it was amazing. I'll definitely check yours out when I get home tonight.

Thanks again.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

np, quite a few grab a dojo, just as a quick and easy sales/craft place, which is why i suggested it. then you can all out deco a nice house later. when you have enough status on carp(really there is only so many uses for it), i bought spares of the tables they use to take to whichever house i am working on (in my case, my tenebrous) that way i don't have to run back and forth quite as much.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

One more thing: Even though Cheallaigh mentioned that you can buy depots on the marketplace, the tinkered ones can also be found on the broker. Or if you have the rares (each depot takes 4 or 5 T9 rares), you can commission a tinkerer who has the blueprints to craft them for you.

I won't say they're cheap; as they each take several rares, they are priced accordingly. But if you would rather pay plat than real money, it's an option to consider.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

fallen gate.... NOT live lol. we won't be able to get to 485 in tinkering for a good bit... or i'd have made them asap.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Oh, but is he on Fallen Gate? I didn't see a mention of that in his original post. Or in any of his later posts, for that matter. Or did I just miss it?
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

you clicked on new posts didnja? lol, not the first person to do it, definitely won't be the last. look at the top, this is under general TLE discussion.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, you are right. Yes, I just looked at new posts, didn't realize this was TLE. :)
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

like i said you're not the first and won't be the last lol. great advice for live though.
  16. Tominator Member

Your dojo is really nice Cheallaigh! I enjoyed touring all of the prestige houses using the 'red glowing thing' in Qeynos but ultimately ended up getting a 3 room place in New Halas. Got all of my crafting tables set up (except one...one toon still needs a little more status) and got a crafting mat depot & sales crate set up in my house. Thanks for all of you help.

p.s. do items in your sales crate stay on the market even when you're logged off?
  17. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

Items in your sales crate stay available for sale from your house as long as your upkeep is paid. If the upkeep isn't paid they can only be purchased via the broker. It doesn't matter if you are online or not.
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yet another reason to buy a prestige house... no rent. really, really freakin annoying to go to someone's house to buy something for a little cheaper, but they haven't paid their rent, so you can't enter.

aww thanks!
    Simparri likes this.