PoP Key quest:Eight Orbs for Eight Pillars - Impossible with a Bard with Agility AA line)?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Denon, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Denon Active Member

Trying to do the Key Quest 'Eight Orbs for Eight Pillars' however can not harvest mana after mob is at 1%.

I did not use any DOTs and turn off auto attack before using orb to gather mana.

Problem is on the Bard AA Agility line there is 'Poison Concoction' which is a poison DOT that automatically gets applied during combat. I can not find any way to disable this or remove it from the mob when I want to collect the mana.

The tick on the poison is quicker then the time to collect the mana and it turns back on the auto-attack and interrupts the collection. So I have not been able to do this quest with my main (Troubador).

Are Bards expected to redo their AA line in order to complete this quest? or is there some way to remove the poison dot from a mob that I am missing?
  2. Denon Active Member

Figured it out.
    Had to create a marco with: /cancel_maintained Poison
  3. Sogapa Active Member

Honestly, this bug needs to be fixed. As a conjuror I had to get rid of permanent pet, only cast two spells, turn off several maintained buffs, and at the end, I still struggled to get the update before the mob died because I kept getting interrupted during the cast of the clicky. I wound up having to root the mob and keep running away...because the root slowed, but did not consistently hold the mob.
  4. Chrol Developer

You've run this since last week's hotfix? If it's still an issue can you PM me your conjuror's name and server, please?
    Dude and Lateana like this.
  5. Chrol Developer

A more permanent fix for this is incoming, possibly not till after the new year, however.
    Dude and Lateana like this.
  6. Sogapa Active Member

Just got home from work. I'll check it again and update you.
  7. Sogapa Active Member

I didn't have a chance to try the key quest again tonight, but I checked and I last tried it and had the trouble I described above on Saturday Dec 9.
  8. Ohhno Member

I have been trying this key quests since today, 19 Dec 18, after the patch. It won't let me harvest after defeating the elemental either. I get down to about 1% and it gives me an error saying the target is not alive. I have my pet backed off. I am not using dots either. This is yet another example of why I regret purchasing this expansion. The only reason I stick with this game is because of the people I enjoy playing with. There are tons of other things wrong with this expansion (No crafting timeline, crashing all the damn time, not just when zoning, buggy quests, etc..) This is NOT fun

Ohhno
    Maj'Dul
    Ruckus likes this.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I can't cast the orb on the corpse. Keep getting interrupted with "target is not alive". The mob is obviously dead because it has 0% health, but the orb click wont go through and I have to keep killing another mob until it FINALLY works and I get ported up top.

Fix it already.