Planar Crafting Completionist Achievement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

This achievement is listed under crafting achivements...
    But it requires crafting 4 recipes that require each, 4 no-trade items only achievable in heroic instance... and on stations only available in said instances.
    I would suggest that is not a tradeskill achievement.. it is an adventure achievement.. since you need 16 rare/semi-rare heroic dropped items...
    95%+ of the steps are adventure related with just at tiny token portion requiring tradeskilling.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

It's not overly different from the Research Assistants which had achievements also listed under crafting and required going out and collecting stuff that dropped from heroic instances and even raids. Just because something has parts in other playstyles does not remove the requirement of being a crafter.
    Kittybock and Xakrein like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The primary requirement for those things is being an adventurer capable of doing heroic content.. repeatedly, though.

Additionally, all of the component for the research assistant were completely tradeable. The person doing the crafting and getting the achievemnt did not have to do any adventuring.

It is also frustrating to have the ONLY tradeskill achievement for PoP being one that I'd guess 90% of crafters will never have the opportunity to get.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

This was key. It was a mechanism that fostered cooperation between adventurers and crafters (or at the very least, it provided a way for adventurers to make money off the crafters that wanted to buy the pieces). It was achievable by crafters without having to be a high-level, well-geared adventurer as well.

Making the items no-trade means that only hybrid characters will benefit (and only those that are willing/able to grind heroics). Not always a bad thing, but as Mermut pointed out, having that be the *only* new tradeskill content that made it into PoP for launch is frustrating.

Please reconsider having the items be no-trade at the very least. There is enough restricting tradeskillers from playing the game they enjoy in PoP, please allow them a chance at access to the bit of new crafting that is currently included in the expansion.

(Another option would be to consider moving the items into solo zones, adjusting the stats of the items made if necessary. It wouldn't help all crafters, but it would make the only tradeskilling content a little more accessible than it currently is.)
  5. Observing Active Member

Now that is a mount.
    Great for adventurers.
    Zero benefits for crafters other than the awesome appearance.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's a good point. The reward for the 'tradeskill' achievement, is an adventuring reward. That also seems to suggest that this achievement is intended primarily for adventurers and would be best catergorized as such.
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

don't agree .. u could zone in after the fight, group with people and get the material.

U don't actually need to kill any mob in the instance. with help of guildies, it's achievable :)
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

An entire group would have to agree to give up the item.. which makes a very nice heirloom item... for somebody else who likely can't even use the item. Yes, that is right, the components and the recipe are no trade. The recipe is no commission, and the crafted item is heirloom. It is a 100% self-only crafting activity.
    Sure it is POSSIBLE, just unlikely in the extreme.. at least until the content and gear the recipes gives are obsolete.
    Mizri likes this.
  9. Mizri Active Member

And this is why tradeskills are in such bad shape. Developers that do not understanding crafting.
    Dude, Alenna, Finora and 3 others like this.
  10. Gninja Developer

And this type of reply is why its difficult for us to respond to posts... :)
    Darkale, Soara2, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

Given the current state of the game and the lack of effective communication from the Team, it should be understandable why many customers have reached this level of frustration.

There has been no consistent communication about the nonsensical changes made to tradeskills. Is X,Y, Z intentional, an oversight, a bug? The players don't know and the Team is not making things clear.

That doesn't make their concern less genuine or their complaints and criticisms less valid. They shouldn't be dismissed by the Team or their fellow players simply because they've reached a level of disappointment where they are less than constructive.

Communication is essential. Effective communication generally results in more constructive criticism and less 'last straw' type posts.
    Dude, Semperfifofum, Coriel and 13 others like this.
  12. Mizri Active Member

You made a statement regarding our only achievement that was far from the mark. The achievement is an adventurer one, not a tradeskill. The mount gives bonuses to adventurers only. The achievement requires me to be able to repeatedly do heroic content.

Wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't our only achievement, but even then, it is the wrong path to be going down IMO.

As noted above. The lack of communication on these official forums is appalling. My comments would not be made by me if the communication was established.

A lot of us still playing have been with this game from the beginning. I started in 2005. We have a lot invested. We expect some common courtesy like regular communication. It really is that simple-communicate on these official forums.
    Dude, Anaogi, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  13. Xakrein Well-Known Member

An interesting start to that post. A complaint about a Tradeskill achievement, where all listed requirements specify crafting. I sympathize that you're upset because "pigeon hole crafters", and/or those with armies of crafter alts, can not easily accomplish the achievement... However, I believe the placement of the achievement is valid. I also like this style of achievement, and hope to see more of it in the future.

An interesting claim. If it is remotely accurate, it is fantastic news for characters that partake in more than a single facet of EQ2 game play. If the Devs are trying to incentivize developing individual characters, rather than developing an extensive list of half-baked alts, I consider that to be a good thing.

Regarding achievements for tradeskills, can we expect some achievements to be tied in to the tradeskill timeline? That should go a long way toward placating those who exclusively craft.

As a player that is a combo crafter & adventurer, I like the design of heroic and/or raid components being configured to prevent people who do not craft claiming "need", only to slap it up on the broker. Please consider doing this more often (but not all the time) with crafting drops from heroic and raid zones.

Thank you.
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I suspect this achievement was mindfully intended to address lfg problems by incentivizing crafters to take part in heroic content.

Thing is, crafters that group are already doing this. Crafters that don't group or run heroics don't do it because they don't like doing that stuf, so an incentive like this (If that's what it is) is going to make the game less enjoyable for these folks, and they are likely going to feel frustrated and resentful.
    Dude, Alenna, Febrith and 7 others like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

So, if an activity is 95% crafting, but you have to kill 4 mobs, it would make more sense to classify that activity as an adventure achievement rather then a crafting achievement?
    That's roughly the ration on this 'crafting' achievement, but in the other direction..
    For the record, if this wasn't currently the ONLY tradeskill achievement, it wouldn't be as objectioable to see it listed as such. I'd still think it was 'misfiled', since the overwhelming majority of the effort involved is heroic adventure related with only a tiny part TS related.

It isn't a 'claim', it's currently a fact. Check the tradeskill portion of the achievements tab. It's the only new TS achievement this expansion.
    And I am also a person who adventures and tradeskills, and I still think it's a bad idea. But then I also think that requiring lvl 100 crafter for epic 2.0 is a bad idea. I have no idea what you mean by 'half baked alts' nor how this achievement would do anything to incentive them one way or the other....

There is absolutely NOTHING, at all, to prevent toons who have zero tradeskill levels form hitting need on the components.
    For me crafting is something I do for myself AND others... having a set of recipes that you cannot, in any way at all, use for anybody except yourself, ESPECIALLY since you require the assistance of others to get EVERY component (mats, recipe and even to the crafting station itself), seems antithetical to the nature of crafting to me.
  16. Gninja Developer

I don't want to get too far down the rabbit hole of explaining what this achievement is, but those 4 things are not 1 recipe each they are achievements for completing all the tradeskill related content in each dungeon theme. I know it doesn't look like much but you will find its pretty neat once folks figure it out.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know there are No Trade components that can drop off the last mob in each heroic zone.
    I know when you examine each component you get a different recipe and 'quest' to make the item on the recipe.
    I know there is a hidden forge in one of the 'pair' of heroic zones per plane and that you craft the corresponding item on that forge.... with candles.
    Is there more beyond that?
    Lateana likes this.
  18. Gninja Developer

Sorry, not giving it away.
    Soara2 and Lateana like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I wasn't asking for WHAT the 'more' was, just if there was, indeed, more :)
    Lateana likes this.
  20. Gninja Developer

Maybe hehe :)