PoI: Parts Not Required Duo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Conifur, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

What is the trick?

Removes all my buffs, all the time. Takes little to no damage. Last mob took none.
  2. Althain New Member

I just powered through, but it was quite frustrating... Front, back, side, down the hall and around a corner... Still strips buffs. Probably missed something simple, but heck if I know what.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

We gave up, the final guy was not taking any damage.

I assume the steam has something to do, and possibly the fire on the ground - but could not figure any of it out.
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

Keep the robot away from the steam or he gets a red buff (first one in first line) increasing his damage + granting him damage immunity.
    Can`t dispell this on the second version of him, but its time is limited - just sit it out.

If it happens on the last one, you gotta dispell fairly quickly or you are pretty much dead.
  5. Verraten Member

When I ran it with an inquis from my guild, we couldn't actually control where he went in his first version, he just wandered in and out of the steam at will. Was that just it messed up or were we missing something? Also he kept getting a bunch of adds.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

on my conj i just spam dispel when ever it is up
  7. Lowratio Member

Fixit falls through the world for me every time. Cannot advance to the first mob at all.
  8. Chrol Developer

To prevent him from becoming one with the pile of metal scrap, he'll be moved off the pile of metal scrap. Who needs a pile of metal scrap anyway?
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah.. except many classes don't HAVE dispels...
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yeah not sure how to stop him from dispelling buffs. it says he's 'locling and loading' in front of him, but no matter where you are, it strips you.
  11. Cunning Member

The zone really isn't worth doing. The 1st fight is probably the most annoying and that includes the fact that the last guy has that stoneskin that non-dispell classes just have to sit through. The constant debuffing, healing, debuffing again while you try to rebuff... it's just obnoxious.
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Sadly - the time / deaths vs. the reward is a bit skewed. Unless there's some hidden 24 / 26 resolve gear on the loot table, I can't imagine that any of the duo zones will be "high utilization". Wish we could mouse over the reward box and take a peek like we used to before... at least there would be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I will say - it was fun.. once. Then I just took my infuser and went home.
    Rhodris and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The adds come from letting the non-aggro "battle bots" scrappers run into you during the fight.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

We couldn't figure it out either. We spent more time recasting buffs than fighting the mob.

You have to debuff him after he "finds the steam vent" to keep doing damage. Sadly I was the only person with a debuff that worked and its on a long timer.

I seriously dislike this zone, in fact I'm not a fan of any of the duo zones my Warden friend and I tried on the weekend.
  15. Thand Well-Known Member

when he starts to cast the spell to teleport to the steam vents you can interupt or stun him to stop him from porting. That is how the guardian in our guild does it.
  16. moonwitch New Member

Okay, attempted this zone repeatedly. Nothing I've read anywhere including this forum has helped. Dispel/absorb magic does Nothing, his path in the first form is just back and forth down the one hall. ACT doesn't give any further helpful information. Adds showed up and neither of us was anywhere near the non aggro sweeper things. Even my husband, being a former raid tank couldn't figure out what the heck. So someone without being a jerk please explain this to the obviously mentally incompetent such as myself. :mad:
  17. Jhen Ro Active Member

Omegatock (3rd): Even following the script on the last mob it took way too long. 15.5 minutes.

You have to have settings up enough to see the piles of fire being thrown around on the last one.

Even when putting him in place correctly, most the time was not dispeling him anyway.

Whole zone took way too long for what it is.

Having a graphics setting check = bad form.
  18. Leed Active Member

Make sure only the tank is in front, he does nasty frontals that strip your buffs. NOTE he turns on his own at times, even if the tank doesn't move, so everybody has to watch him and constantly be making sure they are behind him. There are mobs up that respawn at the end of the hallway and you will probably aggro them at some point during the fight - that happens even if you don't run into sweepers (and you appear to be aware of the adds if the sweepers do run into you). The last form where he's a lot bigger physically makes it a lot easier to tell when he's doing the AOE as he's big and it's a red laser light that comes out of his hand (you don't see it very easily when he's smaller though)
  19. Chrol Developer

Next hotfix you'll be able to dispel the Exhaust Blast buff from all versions of Fixit with the Spare Energy Cells that drop in the zone. Will be a right-click on Fixit when he has the buff and you have an energy cell in your inventory (cell is removed upon dispel).
    Absin likes this.
  20. Kunaak New Member

we tried this fight last night and couldnt get past the first name - you can't control where he moves, and he appears to just go to 100% life any time he runs through the steam, there was no clicky or any real indication of any strat, the emotes didnt help at all.

we ran up and down the halls with this thing for 26 minutes, trying to find anything that seemed to work - not a thing helped.
    we gave up and just logged out in frustration.