PQ Question

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

So there are times where folks yell out that there's a PQ up, yet there's no portal. I've finished the sig line, so it can't be that, and I'm 110, so it can't be that either. Is there a time limit on the portal staying up? If that's the case, then why is there an hour and half long timer? I watched my husband do a PQ with 12 people in zone, with an hour and 10 mins left on his timer when I asked him how long. Yet no portal for anyone else I was grouped with in the coliseum either, and I left group to see if anyone else in the group was impacting me maybe, and nothing there either. The portal simply isn't there sometimes.... So....what determines if a portal can or cannot be seen?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

A few random guesses.. I don't know if either (or both) of these are equirements
    Are you lvl 110?
    Did you completely finish one of the faction lines?
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

(I already stated I'm 110 :rolleyes: ), but, yes and yes, and all three factions done. faction shouldn't have a bearing on whether the portal's visible or not I would think, but I can see why you asked.
  4. Gninja Developer

The only requirement to see the portals is that you have access to the zone that the PQ is based off of. (heroic/solo access) Having said that the portals will only stay open for 1 hour from the time they trigger/give the message that they appear. They despawn after that.
  5. Jhen Ro Active Member

Could also have been what happened on Skyfire a few nights ago. PQ Portal popped in CoV 2, but not in CoV 1. Two people went in, and no one else saw the portal to join them - and CoV 2 was no longer offered then. Didn't hear if people tried vet calling in or not.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

@gninja that's not helpful when a PQ has a two hour duration, and folks show up late. Is there a reason the portal doesn't stay open for the entire duration of the PQ, or at least until 10 mins prior to the whole event ending? Last night, there were 6 more of us that wanted to go join my husband, but couldn't. We were a little confused and sad that we couldn't join.
  7. Gninja Developer

The public quests are supposed to only have a 1 hour duration. You have 1 hour to join one or you don't get to join one. I will get with Chrol to make sure they are set to 1 hour.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Thanks Gninja. that will help solve a bit of confusion on several folks behalves. The inside timer reads more than 1 hour, so it's easy to call out that there's a PQ up if you're on the inside, and sad for those on the outside who can't join for lack of portal on the outside. A timer correction will definitely help that. Thank you!