Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change [Heroic]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by GuMeshow, Nov 30, 2017.

1. GuMeshow Member

The pulse damage from the twin's "Electrify" is absolutely brutal (27-30M hits every 3s at 360-400k resists). I am not talking about "Cooperation Blast" as we figured that out but that part makes dealing with the pulse at the same time very difficult for a solo healer...

Our Templar managed to solo heal all the t1 and t2 Heroic zones except this 1 encounter. Even with using an elemental banner, Strength of the Heartstone (5% DR), Fens PQ charms, full survival specs and 4 / 6 group members around 3 to 6M HPS on average on top of the Templar's parse (sassy don't really heal much besides his self-ward and pots).

On the other hand, Templar + Warden was a breeze on surviving for the 8 min it took us to kill them (sustained 47M HPS group wide).

Is this fight meant to require 2 healers or a Shaman? Or does it require everyone to be 40M+ Health to even have a chance at killing them with a non-chain solo healer?
    Kraeref likes this.
  2. Dannni Active Member

The pulse damage is quite difficult at this point in the expansion (but expect that is the intention) but it is definitely possible to solo heal it on a non shaman. I was in a group with a warden that solo healed it, albeit it was close. Using a = second healer until people are geared a little more seems sensible
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a health check.

if people are too low they are OS. that's it. I've had this issue on warden too, I can keep healing, but if the damage is too big, I can't do much. I guess we just still need people to gear up and increase their HP pool.

in a few weeks, will be more manageable.

It also feels (maybe wrong) that the damage increases the closer they are to each other ?
  4. GuMeshow Member

Survival check yes (I had to tell some to spec 10 points in self ward, 8 points in Enhanced Vigor, not run Pact of the Fire Tyrant, etc).

Their proximity to each other seems to only affect Coop Blast, the incurable curse from the red circle (10s, 10 ticks). The pulse (Electrify) didn't really vary.

My point was that a solo non-Shaman healer needs a strong group, use all the tricks up their sleeves and not get unlucky to kill this encounter while my Defiler can carry, have a snack and not even realize the amount of work this encounter can take if you don`t have a Shaman or 2 healers.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

yes I needed to ask a group member also to spec for self ward .. and HP.

It's T2 .. not T1. so you need botter stats. but yeah it's hard to solo heal as a non warder, and u will get death as of right now ... but it's only 1 week from the start of the xpac.

people need to gear up

I feel .. as a healer .. if I can keep my group alive too easily .; then it's no challenge. I like to struggle and .. sure I hate seeing people die ... but in the end of the day it's not my fault if people don't meet requirements or are undergeared. I do what i can.

just give it time
  6. Anunnaki Active Member

Since we are the topic of this zone.

On Yveti Strombrood. The mob leashes when you have to go out to kill the add. Why is this a thing?
  7. GuMeshow Member

AFAIK, it is part of the fight and he gets debuffed when you take him to the middle so you might want to keep him around there even if he did not leash. He is also VERY slow, you can use the time it takes him to get from 1 side to the other to your advantage, if you only have 1 healer. The fights are more scripty then before, gonna have to be creative with strats sometimes depending on group makeup / gear / ability.

Keep in mind my original post on Thursday was written in hindsight AFTER clearing all T1s, all T2s and 1 Event Heroic and a good night`s sleep.

Bottom line is, this encounter is the toughest survival fight out of all T2s so best come prepared.

PS: Where can I get Botter stats without getting banned ; ?
  8. Anunnaki Active Member

That doesn't explain why he leashes. I should be able to drag him to any part of the encounter. or at least within a reasonable distance for a healer to cover both the tank and the dps.
  9. Gninja Developer

Where are you engaging him and where does he end up leashing at? I can take a look at it. As long as you are in the encounter area he shouldn't leash.
  10. Cunning Member

Engage at the top of one side(Think it was the right side as you approach the fork). When the add spawns on the other side you can pull the named to just starting up the ramp on the other side before he leashes... Though I don't think we ever pulled from the other side at the start just because of where he had pathed when we got rebuffed ect.
  11. Anunnaki Active Member

I've pulled from each side where the golems spawn and he leashed both times. So I tried pet pulling him into the center, and he still leashes. He always leashes somewhere on the ramp. Oftentimes right at the base of it.
  12. Gninja Developer

I will look into it.
    Anunnaki likes this.
  13. GuMeshow Member

Eh I thought it was designed that way so you have to either split your group with the tank never going up the ramps once the named went to the middle or take advantage of his extreme slowness to run up the ramp, kill the add then run back down before he crosses the leash point ...

If it is bugged, looks like he leashes instead of reactivating his buff for being outside the center area.
  14. Oaba New Member

We pulled it on the middle, then we move it to one side, then we move to the center again and when moving to the other side the fight resets if the mob reaches certain point in the ramp up. At the end we killed it in the middle, with one healer is really hard.
  15. Anunnaki Active Member

And to top it off, his pathing gets weird around the ramps, so he sometimes wants to path *around* them and then leashes.
  16. Gninja Developer

I've increased his leash range significantly for this week's update. Let me know how it goes.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

please make the 2 brothers of winds of change harder !

at least before the change of last patch hreigar and torstien were some kind of a health/heal check. As a healer u had to pay attention. U needed to split them and tank them separatly

Now the tank can grab both, the damage is so low that u don't need to carefull. where the fun ?

Most fights are already so scripted that few heals are required, and if u nerf the ones where healing can be required, how do healers have fun ?