THURGADIN: Lag making the game unplayable!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wylie, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Wylie New Member

So having survived Kunark, we eagerly entered Planes Of Magic and ...

The lag is so bad that the game is virtually unplayable in any Planes of Magic overland instance on Thurgadin!!

So disappointed when I was really enjoying the content so far. :(
    Crazier likes this.
  2. Crazier Member

There is often a 5-10 second wait for any thing you do to actually happen in game unplayable and make to game not fun
  3. Mourneuk New Member

Took me 15 minutes to kill a named 112 ^ mob this morning. Between my admittedly crappy dps, the constant mob stuns and server lag it was an extremely tedious experience. That was in PoM4 where the spikes were 10-20 seconds+. I moved to PoM3 and the spikes are 5-10 seconds.

Completely unplayable.
  4. Ahlana Active Member

It is like this on AB as well.

It was like this on Beta and I had hoped they would have fixed it before live. But alas was in a PoM one yesterday with 26 people and still the lag is horrible.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

it is like that on all servers. but an interesting thing guildmate of mine was in PoM 2 and I was in PoM 10 PoM 2 was laggy PoM 10 wasn't
  6. Armageddoux Active Member

I confirm, Beta was hardly playable due to huge lag all the time long
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Are you wearing the free gear from behind the first quest giver?
    Ahlana likes this.
  8. Mourneuk New Member

Nope, I'm wearing the better gear provided by the level 100 boost. I had increased my dps massively by upgrading to masters where I could (from expert) and changing my aa spec away from the solo template it defaults to, but all that was prior to this morning. If I had attempted this mob last night with my old spec and with experts I imagine I would still be trying to kill the damn thing.
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're aware of the lag issues occurring in the Plane of Magic overland zones, and the team is actively looking into the problem.
    Shmogre, Cyrrena, Elaralisa and 2 others like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Roxxlyy

Cyrrena
  11. Cricketbottom New Member

It's just not the new zones. Getting lag even in my empty house. Followed the instructions to clear cache. I updated my graphics driver, but did not seem to help at all. Any other suggestions? Loosing my Frostfell spirit here!