KoS BETA tomorrow? Char copies fixed? Items fixed?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Nov 29, 2017.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Many questions but I see nothing official, does anyone know? I've seen a screenshot of a kander post on discord that the beta would begin the 30th, but thats about it.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Theres no level boosting NPC in the game currently so cant test heroics/raids :( Feels bad man.
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

KoS Beta for Fallen Gate should be up now. No level boosting NPC, but you should be able to /beta copy your character over!
    dirgenoobforreal and Dude like this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Will one be added in the coming days? I dont expect many guilds have 24 members wanting to level from 60 to 70, which means hardly anyone will test heroics and raids.
  6. Caul Shivers Active Member

Can we get regular updates on what's being done please?

Right now, the items we've seen are either ancient left-overs from Live or TLE items from Stormhold/Deathtoll.
    Which is sort of concerning as KoS itemization was BY FAR the worst out of all post-DoF expansions.

AA experience is completely out of whack and we get (what I assume) are values from Live. One discovery = one AA level etc.

Level boosting would be nice, we'd be up for testing heroic and raid content, but noone can be bothered with actual leveling on beta to be able to do it.

Nimrael, Europa, Stormhold Fallen Gate
  7. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Adventure to AA XP is screwed at the moment. Currently you get 50 AA at around level 48 so once you hit cap theres no AA to grind left.

Cloud mount timeline armor sets all have to be updated, for each class. In fact all items need an overhaul and im sure that will hit Tuesday or later this week. I hope they make them somewhat viable for other than the apperance tab.

So far I found heroic balance to alright. Might be jumping into a couple of raids tonight or tomorrow with the gang.

You can use the buffer in New Halas, hes at the docks.

[IMG]
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I obviously meant level 68. :rolleyes:
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Where exactly and how should beta bugs be reported? I appreciate the opportunity to beta test and have found a few things, but not sure what to do with it really.
  10. Lenarr Member

Early aa has always come easy. It's gets progressively harder as you progress, as I'm sure you know. Remember those early adventure levels where you "ding" from doing almost nothing, but it gets progressively slower as you level up. I've done enough on beta to know that after a bit you get nowhere near 1 aa per disco, like you might very early on. Always risky wanting major things changed at the last minute, like now with a week to go. Quick changes can result in things going badly the other way. Yeah, early aa comes easy right now, but it always has. It does take progressively more work as you get more aa, just like the adventure xp does as you get more levels.

I agree completely on how important it is to get gear right, along with raid difficulty. A repeat of Stormhold KoS would be intolerable.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. vexen Member

I feel as though AA gain is where it should be at this level. Remember that when you get to 70 a lot of AA was gained by most people from continued grinding and regular adventuring. With the decrease to adventure xp the AA gained will be severely decreased as well. So I'm personally fine with getting a good portion of AA quickly from named and discovery. It does slow down as you get more. Plus AA are part of what makes this expac fun and given we only have 3 months I dont want to spend one month grinding it. Items havent been updated yet so hold your horses on that its coming.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

At the current speed you earn AA on Beta you will get all 50 AA well before you hit level 70 with out even trying. I was at 45 AA when I hit level 64. I do think combat XP needs turned up a bit, but the AA does seem to come quite quickly.
  13. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Surely people should be at around 38-40 AA when they ding level 70, if they only quested. Having all 50 AAs unlocked as early as 68 is pretty dumb in my opinion.

There are so many named people can kill and exploration for easy AA XP it wont be an issue capping if they just play the game.
  14. Caul Shivers Active Member

Nah, it was fine on Stormhold. My toons were getting to 50 AA in their early 60s (adventure level), doing decent amount of quests, loads of AA and tons of discoveries. It makes sense, really, so much content along the way.

I didn't check yesterday, but the problem on beta are not AA values from TLE (Stormhold) - it was that it was completely over-inflated with (I assume) Live values. One discovery that usually gave you 4% AA on SH, now gave almost a level.

So yeah, it needs to be toned down (maybe it already is, like I said, didn't check yesterday), but no rocket science here is required - just apply Stormhold numbers here. Stormhold had a lot of issues in KoS, but AAs were completely fine.
  15. Lenarr Member

What you still aren't telling us is what level you are when you get a level of aa for a disco. I can believe that happens when you've got only a few aa's. It's just flat out 100% completely wrong if you're in the 30's. I've done the test and it's only when you have no or only a few aa's that you get close to 1 aa for a disco. Frankly that's the way it should be. The early aa's have always been super easy to get, getting progressively harder the more you have, which is exactly the way it currently is. Get your aa's up and then tell us how much you get from a disco. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done that.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

Before they added the beta buffer to level up. I ran 3 dungeons, SoS, Nest and Vaults. Killed about a dozen or so named mobs between all 3 zones and did about 20 quests and was at level 64 with 45 AA. That is a little too fast for AA.
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

really, you guys are nitpicking something pretty damned minor in the scheme of things(AA's). some players will be 70 within hours, making the whole "AA's are too fast!" point moot. how about we not suggest changes that can break things(you know how bad things were broken on SH a few days after from "suggestions"), and focus on anything that could be really important... like gear, broken quests etc if any show up in the beta?
    Lenarr likes this.
  18. Baltazarr Member

When AAs were first introduced it took some time before getting to 50. You had to grind AAs after hitting level 70. The best way to grind AAs back then was mentoring down and running old raid zones especially SotL to get AAs for killing nameds. Even after running most of the old raid zones, chances were that you still had some grinding left to do to reach 50.
  19. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Its a valid concern. Having Alternative Advancement capped before you hit max adventure level is not alternative advancement. Thats talent trees. We were never supposed to cap your AA before we hit max level.

The only thing we can give feedback on right now is the XP, quests, heroics and raids and so far everything is working out fine except for the XP curves. And dont you worry miss, there will be a lot of item feedback when its getting pushed later this week and there is already 2 guilds testing raids on the beta server, with one more joining in this week.

We are giving feedback, where is your feedback? How many hours have you spent on the beta server since you can come in here and tell everyone they should shut their mouth?
  20. Carynn Well-Known Member

XP is not being changed for KoS. It will remain as it is in beta, about .1-.2% per mob. I'd rather have them not touch AA, unless they're going to unlock the trees like they did for live.