Unintended Game Complexity: CB Overcap armor reduces your potency

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Observing, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Observing Active Member

Some math:

Lockbox armor: 273 CB, 301 Pot
    Solo quest armor: 0 CB, 341 Pot, 15.4 CB Overcap; should be an upgrade

When I put this on, my CB goes up 15.4 as expected and my potency goes down 30.
    You would think that CB over the cap does not help you, but it does.

So effectively this upgrade is:
    Lockbox armor: 0 CB, 392* Pot
    Solo quest armor: 15.4 CB, 341 Pot

*Not quite equal, because 91 of that Pot is not affected by +X% potency gain
  2. Gninja Developer

Likely from the conversion prestige options. If you were converting CB to Potency then your potency will drop a bit when you lower your CB.
  3. Fairin Active Member

0.o your potency drops when you lower your potency whaa?

*grins and hides - so mischievous! *
    Dude likes this.
  4. Udonn Active Member

So based on your comment, Gninja, does this mean the CB-Pot conversion is not limited at the CB cap and we are benefiting from conversion of CB over and above the cap? And on a side note, is there a way to tell exactly how far over cap we are? Everywhere I look, all I can see is the amount of CB I have at cap.
  5. Xillean Well-Known Member

Feldons eq2u site says its 4000 hard cap if you hover over the stat when looking at your character
  6. Udonn Active Member

That would be the cap you have, not how much you actually have that you can reforge out of, etc. That's what I am curious about. Is there a way to tell how much you actually have, not what you are capped at.
  7. Xillean Well-Known Member

I use darqUI unified for my ui and it tells me exactly what my crit bonus is, which for my conjuror is 4369, so since the crit bonus cap is 4k that means I can reforge 369.
  8. Udonn Active Member

i use Profit CE an it tells me my CB is 4345.3 which is due to over cap items. i am just a casual solo player, not a raider. I've reforged out of CB, and that number did NOT change, which tells me it is reporting the cap available to use. I will almost bed Darq is the same, as I am almost positive EQ2U is. Your cap is going to change based on what overcap items you have equipped.
  9. Xillean Well-Known Member

hmmm very possible, I haven't reforged anything yet since im not done leveling and keep getting new stuff. I hope someone has a idea of how to tell, or Daybreak gives us a way to tell.
  10. Observing Active Member

That is exactly what I am seeing. CB-to-Potency conversion is not capped. If you had 3 million CB, you would gain 1 million Potency
  11. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Look up your character on Dragon's Armory. It appears to show your true CB and a lot of other interesting stats.
  12. Gharyn Well-Known Member

No, on a second look, I realize I was wrong. It only shows up to your current overcap. I guess the only way to tell how much you have is to reforge till you're below your cap, then do the math.
    Shmogre likes this.
  13. Yards Well-Known Member

I haven't played in awhile, however when I tested this last expansion the conversions do have a hard cap. I'm not sure what the current cap on cb is so I'll just use made up numbers for simple math. If the cap on cb is 3k the max potency conversion you can get is 1k. However this does not mean that if you are at the cb cap or even beyond that you automatically are at the 1k max potency threshold. The conversion is only affected by base cb so you could be 500 over the cb cap but still not hit the potency conversion cap because your base cb has not reached the 3k cap. This is all assuming it still works the same as before.