Alt Looting in PoP

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Rubick, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Rubick Well-Known Member

I saw in the updates notes that when you unlock raid armor patterns for one character, you can buy them for all your alts. I just wanted to take a minute to thank whoever decided this, because this is an awesome change imo!
    Dude likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

Its actually a little different. You can't buy the gear for your alts (different armor types) but your alts can buy it themselves with just plat and raid currency(which is heirloom) once you've unlocked that pattern on your main.
    Xillean, Dude, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  3. Rubick Well-Known Member

You know what they say; tomato, tomato. Though I suppose it loses its flavor (pun intended) through text. Either way, this is a great change. Awesome stuff guys!
    Dude likes this.
  4. Trabu Member

Gninja, can you clarify one thing for me when you say unlock a pattern do you mean unlock all flavor's of that particular item. ie the cloth/leather/chain/plate versions of that particular piece of equipment when you claim which ever piece you want with your main?
  5. GuMeshow Member

The Heroic armor merchant seems to work the same ... Soo, how do you get these "patterns"?

I ran a group through the t1 and t2 heroic weeklies yesterday and 1 Event Heroic (9 zones total), we haven't seen a single armor pattern yet but like 3 orange runes did drop ...
  6. Lalorn New Member

T
    his is great and all but is getting epic 2.0 going to get any easyer I returned to the game and it seems like a lot to do plus all this new content
  7. Gninja Developer

We have no plans to change the difficulty of obtaining your epic weapon. It should be naturally easier from just going to 110 though.
  8. Ugam New Member

Gninja, with all due respect, Epic 2.0 is a HORRIBLE grindy time sink. The reward ... worthwhile. The grind, entirely too daunting for a new and/or returning player. The quests themselves, not bad, the pre-reqs are ridiculous.

Start a lvl 1 character, boost it to 100 and then do city timeline, vespyr isles timeline, COE timeline, shattered seas timeline, kunark ascending signature, 3 heritage quests, faction enough to get your epic 1.0, epic repurcussions for the spells.

The entry point for new/returning players is ridiculously high when you recognize that people play a video game to escape and want the instant gratification, not a 3 month grind with gating mechanisms as well.
    Tkia and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

Personally, part of what I love about this franchise is the amount of time you can put into it because that's what it takes to improve your character. This franchise has never been known for instant gratification. That's kinda part of its charm and old school feel. The epic grind probably takes like 30 hours of gameplay after boosting a fresh toon to 100 and starting from there. It's a lot, but it's doable! I also say this having returned like a week ago and having to do all my pre-reqs and epic 2.0. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that Sundered Frontier faction is hands down the worst faction grind I've ever experienced in this game and that repeatable requires an atrocious amount of traveling. When you have to do said repeatable over 50 times it's brutal. It took me around 12 hours for that one pre req, lol.