PoP Caster BUG, DD/Dot Spells broken, FIX urgent, please!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Aiglo, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Aiglo New Member

Played my Necro from 100-106 like this so before someone say get gear, its because mobs are orange etc etc all boxes for testing are checked.
    And I am not alone since many reports in different treads here on the forum of similar experiences, specially casters.

Necro level 106,
    All Yzra faction gear, many solonamed gear drops and green gem adorns, PoP CE crossbow
    Calyptor (Ultra rare Merc) lvl 8, PoP CE merc gear.
    All spells up to PoP GM or Master.
    Testing done, Only caster, Caster+Pet, Caster+Pet+Merc, Caster+Merc
    Only spells that makes any significant damage at 106 is Swarm pets, and Soulburn/Lifeburn.
    Tried only Direct damage spells and gave up test after 20min on a 1arrow up white con (106) quest mob not named. Mob still had 40% health left.

Trust me, I am all for bringing back the harder days and longer fights, but then I checked out the Beastlord.
    Beastlord Lvl 100, no master spells, only starter gear PoP no gems.
    Orange con 1arrow up mobs, dead 10sec.

Something is very wrong here.
    I can post ACT parses and also video of each fight.
    I dont understand, are they not playing the game anymore themself after it got Daybreak???
    Please help us this is urgent!
  2. pewpew New Member

how much pot you got ? do you have a decent ascension level ?

i started a thread on this problem earlier and it seem pop content have some potency requirements to dps correctly, got decend result with 30k+ pot but almost no dmg above this value.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Your problem may be stemming from a known bug impacting summoners that the devs are working to resolve. Happened across it reading the forums just yesterday. Don't know if it's related to what you're seeing, but it seemed to impact summoners specifically.
  4. GuMeshow Member

I can't log in game to test right now but I know a lot of casters have gotten to 110 without outgoing damage issues and even ran Heroics with me. Did this start today or was it like that from the start? There definitely was a bug on launch day but that was bypassable somewhat, not specific to casters and was fixed in the evening.

One thing I can think of that was not stated, did you re-apply or change your AA spec since PoP launched? Whats your Pot and CB at?
  5. Aiglo New Member

Yes its today also. Done video recordings today about it in case it was needed.
    20min, solo nuking even con quest mob in PoM, 40% health left on mob.
    Tried using GM spells from pre PoM, apprentice from PoM no difference.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/515397894548 here is my gear now. (Not sure if it shows with or without gems now when server went down.)
    Tested that also to remove all gems on gear and see if that makes a difference.
    It seems people with raidgear pre PoP with similar stats are ok, Pewpew made a comment on needing 30k+ potency but that would require returning players to first do level 100 endgame raids or lvl110 heroics content or raids to do solo quest-linewithout a huge timesink like I did. If this is true and you get 20X the damage for breaking 30k potency so nuking for 500.000 at 29000potency and then BAM 20.000.000 nukes at 30kpotency. Doesn't make sense and its not linear. Potency isn't a resist stat its a multiplier if my memory is correct.

Dont get me wrong I am 106 now so I am through alot of the pain even managed to kill solonameds for gear but its all dmg from swarm pets and burns. (90%)
    I am more worried since Necro and Conjuror are among the most popular solo classes, and returning players since PoP is pretty awesome expac doesn't need to experience the torture I did.
    I was EQ1 player in the good old 10hours for a raid days so I am all for bringing back slower fights, but most EQ2 only players are not like that and it should be even for all not just some classes because then its a bug.
  6. Steelviper Active Member

Just a small correction - with raid gear from previous expac (Kunark Ascending) people would normally have lot more than 40k Potency (Tier 4 gear at least 50k), 30k Potency can be achieved with regular / expert heroic gear, and actually you can get items with similar or same high stats just from Nye'Caelona faction merchant in Obulus Frontier, there's a very powerful (for KA) ring from Proving Grounds merchants, and the best keys from overland key quests in Obulus Frontier give some pretty good Fabled armor.
    Also doing your epic 2.0 questline will reward some very strong gear for each quest as well. Most of all that above can be done solo, with exception of Epic 2.0 which is a great hassle to do as you need lots of old questlines / factions for it, and depending on class archetype some quests require a group, or 1-2 very strong geared people to help out.
  7. Aiglo New Member

Your missing the point.
    Here is the simple logic:
    [Daybreak]- Hi, Welcome to wonderful PoP returning player. We give you gear balanced for the new expansion so you can start questing here.BUT if you are a caster we are sorry, you need to go back and do heroics or raids in zones people dont play anymore, or do long questlines that gives rewards at end that are good.
    If you are a physical dmg based class just go ahead enojy the new expansion in your underwear.
    And I am not sure about your statement since I had gear from previous expansion fully gemed and I was not over 30k potency. I had no raid gear but you refereed to the solo quest gear and I had better than that since Advanced solo gear was higher stats in many cases.
  8. Aiglo New Member

Worth mentioning I have the collectors edition mount and familiar etc also.
    Just curious Steelwiper (Pergor) if you take off your raid boots how much potency do you have? (Increases potency by 100% when equipped)

Ok this bugged me the answer.
    Why do you need to have better gear to kill the mobs for the quests rewards you worse gear then?
    I think something is wrong here with the logic.
    If EQ2 is only for raiders and overgeared, why are the questsrewards then giving gear that is less stats than the questmobs require to kill them?
  9. Aiglo New Member

Loged on again now after todays server update and it still remain the bug.
  10. GuMeshow Member

This is NOT caster specific AND is easily "fixed" without DBG intervention. It is not gear from previous Heroics or Raid you are missing.

Please see my posts in this thread and the followup post. Getting to 35k+ Pot is easily done with the PoM starter gear AND the stuff from the summer event (Panda). It is an easy and not very long quest line that was put in this summer to help get people caught up without being a total handout.

If you got the CE then /claim the Ascension Level 5 Boost (you also get one from the panda). The level 5 buff is like 6 or 7% more Pot from base and that stacks with your divine Pot (boost to 50 bauble from panda and now also in the starter crate) and also stacks with the points in your Prestige (Necro) AA tree. You are looking at ~55% increase in Pot without any new gear and before even getting adorns (whites and green) and Infusing any gear.

As far as raid toons go, sure 50k+ Pot using some of the PoM gear but you don't need to do any old Heroics or Raids to get you far enough to make the quest line easy.
    Masax and Dude like this.
  11. Kander Developer

The 50 tithe bauble has been added to Tishan's lockbox as of the patch this morning. Please use it.
    Masax and Dude like this.
  12. Doobius40504 Active Member

Man, to those of us returning after a long hiatus, it's like you guys are speaking a foreign language. I have no idea what any of this is for or how it would help me but I'm not yet level 120.
    Nazy likes this.
  13. Nazy Well-Known Member

Doobius40504 likes this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

No, it's the Divine Potency, Divine Crit Bonus, and Divine Stamina. Back in 2017, the time of the last relevant post, this worked very differently. Now you can get all three to 85 with the panda quests. In order to level past that, you have to get boosters from doing missions, but I'm not sure which expansion's missions can give them.
  15. Nazy Well-Known Member

Close enough. :p
    Thanks for correcting me.
    Dude, Triad and Doobius40504 like this.