Bugged Damage output in POP Zones

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Heatcliff, Nov 30, 2017.

1. GuMeshow Member

All classes do less damage in PoM and PoP instances then the KA stuff, that is because the mobs are higher level and have more Mit / resists / Combat Mit ...

There could be an issue with the changes they made to crits but I am seeing consistently ~8% L, 3.5% F, 1% M (Sample is 9 heroic zones @ 2449 CC).

Like a Fury in my guild says "Adapt and overcome".
  2. Kander Developer

The 50 tithe bauble has been added to Tishan's lockbox as of the patch this morning.
    Masax and Shmogre like this.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Let's see how many more threads we can get Kander to post this in.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

That is a small part of the reason, as a reward for beta participation is fairly common. The main part of the issue is that not so many people are willing to pay up front to test their stuff a second time with even less information about what they're paying for than the last time.

An exclusive 'pay to test' beta on an expansion in that state is a fundamentally bad idea, especially in such a short time versus what still had to be completed, let alone tested.

The fault doesn't lie with the players and testers so much as it does with whomever made the decision to do it that way.
    Castegyre likes this.
  5. isest Active Member

realy hate having to be forced into proving grounds, as I never pvpd before, I really hate the idea of having to loose good purple adornments and be forced to pvp because the devs want to force us to do it. What ever happened to play your way.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It was "Free to play, your way," and referred to your payment model when they had multiples. It never meant that people could play the game however they wanted and have all play-styles be equally viable.
    Mizgamer62 and Yado like this.
  7. Fleurs Active Member

You should try it before saying that, there is no pvp at all in proving ground. It is PvE.
  8. Greene Active Member

I got the starter gear in PoM, and the tithe bauble. First mob I fought I got to 80% after just under a minute. I don't have the patience to research what else I need to do. Yes it's my fault, but back to the TLE server for me :p
  9. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Did you apply the tithe bauble? Do you remember what your potency was at?
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

What were you fighting? Most of these mobs are pretty easy to kill. I started out in the same boat as you. Did you get your insta-level 5 ascension scroll from the panda? Those abilities help.
  11. Thatfox New Member

This is probably not the reason most are having this issue but I mention it in case it helps. I took my Berserker to PoM - he already had all the panda gear and/or better from KA/PQs - decent solo gear I think. He swapped to the Tishan stuff before going to do quests. Everything took forever to kill. I timed several fights and TTK was 3-5 minutes per mob.

It was slow but perfectly doable so I carried on for quite a while. I dinged 101 and the Merc gave up - her stats plummeted, she lost power in seconds, she was useless. As I realized I was going to have to do quite a few more repeatables at 30-40 minutes per quest I decided to swap out of Defensive stance, in which I have always soloed and had no issues in any previous content, into Offensive.

The change was unbelievable. TTK on exactly the same mobs went from 3 minutes to 30 seconds. On weaker mobs like the paired stelecats it was more like 15 seconds each. As I say, I've done the solo content in every expansion since at least Age of Malice always in defensive stance and never found it slow or tedious at all. Maybe if I'd been in Offensive five years ago I'd have ripped through those expansions in a fraction of the time too, who knows? All I can say is that I'll be staying in Offensive for this one.
  12. Greene Active Member

Potency was 26.5k , resolve 292. This is with the bauble clicked and all starter gear equipped.

Playing around with it more, I noticed most of my beastlords normal attacks would slooowly whittle away at it's health, but the Primals like Claw of Khati Sha would make up 90% of damage done. Felt weird.

I have no illusions that I'll kill stuff slower than folks who have worked on their characters for ages, but when it takes me over a minute to drop something, and I see a healer swing by and one shot stuff, it's a bit strange. Just my 2 cents =)