What happened to no PRE REQ????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wormy, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Wormy New Member

So i talked a friend into coming to play eq2 told him that they are bringing out a new expansion that will allow you to join us with no pre req to play with us.
    He came back and started playing and we are doing the Faction questline and we come to the quest Crossing at the Crossing and it requires you to be a level 100 tradeskiller so he is stuck and cant even finish the Signature Line. So the only way he can continue to play is to go sit in guild hall and grind tradeskill. Does this sound like something you would want to do on day two of playing a new game

YOU ALL SAID THERE WAS GOING TO BE NO PRE REQ PLEASE DROP THIS REQUIREMENT

Thankyou
    Semperfifofum and Alenna like this.
  2. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I bought the expansion, but have been crazy busy with work, so havent messed around with it yet. I wondered why all of a sudden they were giving the 100 crafter boosts with the premium edition, it seemed out of the blue-guess this is why, lol.
    Mizgamer62 and Malleria like this.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

You know, I was curious after multiple expansions and promotions with baubles to bump up adventurer level, the crafter level bump came out of the blue.

Now I know. And knowledge is power! *does a shooting star rainbow emote*
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Chillispike Active Member

Pride Pakiat is only faction that requires to be level 100 crafter.
    If you get up a other faction you will be able to procede in the signature timeline.
    => the statement that there is no requirement is still valid.

In the end you prolly wanna get all 3 factions to +50k in the end any way for the ascension scrolls, XP to level up and for the secondary weapon once you got all 3 factions to 50 and the signatureline done.
  5. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

The level requirement on that that recipe was set in error, and we'll have it fixed in an upcoming update. Thanks for the feedback!
  6. Wormy New Member

Thank you
  7. d1anaw Well-Known Member

That took me by surprise as well. I didn't remember seeing that when I decided just to get the basic version. Although I already have all nine tradeskillers at 100, the only maxed secondary I have is a tinkerer. Then I see they added that as well. I don't really have much of an interest in all the other stuff so I went with the basics. In the past I've gotten the top one, but then didn't really avail myself of everything, so thought I'd save the significant cost difference this time.
  8. DaveG New Member

AS of December 13th the recipe for Starfire Aggregate HAS NOT been fixed on Maj'Dul. It making it very frustrating to not be able to enjoy the expack!
  9. Jurombo New Member

Damn i posted about this last week. Ended up grinding crafter from 41 - 100 ( finished last night). Wish someone would have told me that. i wouldnt have spend 10+ hours grinding crafting if they were gonna nerf it.
    beastlordius and Gannor like this.
  10. beastlordius New Member

Fireflyte, any news on this?? I basically don't play the game now until this is fixed :(( We shouldn't be punished just because we chose the wrong 1 of 3 to start faction quests with. The alternative is to lose +38000 of warmly Pakiat faction and start reversing it and building up the other 2 scowling -50,000 factions just so we can proceed with like the 2nd part of sig quest. :confused: This was in my opinion the biggest blunder of this expack and it still hasnt been corrected as DaveG said a couple days ago.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If it helps, it's worth it as you need 100 TSer for your epic quest :).
  12. Wgrace Active Member

While you're at it, find a way to make PGs go away for real.

Every single person I've ever talked to hates them, and it is an enormous barrier to any new players.
  13. beastlordius New Member

so apparently they fixed the scribe on this down to level 20 BUT the craft is still 100 so we are still at square 1. sigh. :(
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

As long as you are able to scribe the book, you should be able to attempt the combine (even though it'll be very red). Just don't rush it and hit your reaction arts and it should be fine.

If it's not working this way, then it is, indeed, still broken.
  15. Pickleweasle Member

23 days later...... Still Not Working Correctly. The fix they put in lowers the scribing of the spell to level 20 but does not lower the skill level to craft as it is still listed at “ Very Hard (100) “ . Is nearly impossible to craft. Please fix this.
  16. Pickleweasle Member

WooHoo! 25 days.... No Joy for mains and ALTS!!
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

it's christmas, don't expect anything today :)
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

yeah I'm surprised that faction has that problem still... I thought it was an oversight that would be fixed

At the moment the only thing he can do is House Yrzu, which is pretty fast to get to that point, and the recipe is level 1.
  19. Kheldorm Active Member

The last "Dev" post on this was that this is as intended (of course), can be scribed at 20, but is a 100 combine, so as is typical, either A) They screwed up again, and just won't admit it, or B) They just really have no clue how anything TS Works, or C) They meant it to be a tradeskill Skill level of 100, but mistranslated that to tradeskill level 100 (again, but understanding nothing) and will not admit to an error.
  20. Rotchi Active Member

FIFY! :D
    Kheldorm likes this.