Plane of Disease: Outbreak

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kittybock, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd done this zone in beta and this guy was not a problem. Now Rallius Rattican is a pita. Apparently, his script was changed later in beta. I feel this needs toned down a tad.

I can see where a pet class would do well on this one, as they can pet-pull past the bats. That said, I have gather lots of bile, used on some and/ or all. They come back to awareness as soon as I pull him. They hit for a measly 49Mil damage. IMHO, this is going to be a rough spot for many players.

I'll keep trying it, but this is required for the Sig line, so not like folks can just avoid it. Maybe I'll try and turn off all my buffs. maybe something procs, which is dispelling the bile on the bats??
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Okay, so finally got him. I was already using singular focus and disabled my epic 2.0 but, but had to turn off all my buffs. All I could think, was maybe a buff was causing some damage, hence dispelling the effect on bats?

I'd love to see this tweaked a tad.
    Lateana likes this.
  3. Trabu Member

What they really should do is make singular focus so it effects everything not just auto-attack. All abilities/procs/buffs become single target. That would resolve issues like that.
    The_Real_Wurm and Lateana like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My husband (Conjy) and I (Defiler) are unable to do this zone because of this critter. We have reasonable raid gear and get one shotted every time we try to pull Rallius because the bats keep returning to agro status before we can open the corridor up enough to pet pull or body pull Rallius. The zone seems to be bugged. I know for sure that we did not get the cut scene from the previous named mob, but that did not seem to affect anything obvious. If the bats would just stay non-agro we could probably finish this fight quickly. We made sure we had singular focus on and the various zone buffs were up as well, we did not strip our toons of gear and normal buffs though. We will try that on our next run. Hopefully, when the server is reset tomorrow this will be fixed.
    Kittybock likes this.
  5. Chrol Developer

Clue is on their buff...
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

I've pulled him 10m away and pulled him 50+m away and still get hit with HUGE disease damage (72m+ according to my last pull at well over 50 meters away from the mound). Tried pulling with all the bats, some of the bats and none of the bats from various ranges and still randomly get struck with 1-shots.
    Lateana likes this.
  7. SteveB Active Member

No Bats pull.... it is getting more warm, close to hot ;-)
  8. Yado Active Member

Ok here is how you do it. You see all the little orange glowing spheres floating around click them and get an item. get 8 of them 1 for each bat. you cast the item on the bats. you have 1 minute from the 1st bat to the last to pull Rallius Rattican. If you do this correctly when pulling Rallius Rattican no bats will come. Kill Rallius Rattican Happy days. =) Good Luck it is easy.
  9. GuMeshow Member

This is correct Yado but in addition to that go singular focus (SF) and take off the Ethereal off-hand with the Curuvar Renda (CR) proc, it tends to proc on 1st hit (pull) and is not disabled by SF.

So far all that have asked for help got it killed with SF on and CR unequipped.
  10. Yado Active Member

I didn't have to worry about procs I just pulled him away from the bats I forgot to mention that pull him away from the bats, if you AE and damage a bat the bat will own you. You can pet or use a single target ability on Rallius Rattican to pull away from the bats.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It sounds like nothing is going to be done about this fiasco :(

The bats are not staying deactivated long enough or at all. It is really stupid to have to take off gear and cancel buffs for this fight.
  12. Occam Well-Known Member

It's tricky, but doable. The yellow orb debuf has instant recast, so it's possible to circle the island and get all the bats before you pull. However, don't run into any of the yellow orbs! If one of the yellow orbs touches you it turns your screen green and makes you unable to target. If that happens, abort and try again.
    Yado and Lateana like this.
  13. Chrol Developer

You don't need to do all 8 bats. Two or 3 should suffice as long as they're next to each other. If body pulling is still aggroing the bats after soothing them, then I'll get that fixed, but it wasn't doing that in previous tests.

I take that back. You can't body-pull, but you can soothe 3 of the bats and attack Rallius with a ranged weapon/spell and that should be fine.
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. Chrol Developer

I tested soothing 3 bats and attacking Rallius with your equipped ranged weapon on a copy of your character, so it's definitely doable.
  15. Andric Member

remember to use singular focus when pulling
  16. Furyatchu New Member

after much cussin... here is the rub:

name has wide social aggro with the bats, the bats have near zero social aggro range (ie differing social aggro ranges) so you just need to sooth the bats he will run thru and not worry about the bats standing next to him.
  17. Rubick Well-Known Member

Lol got 'em. If you accidentally pull a bat you can also root/snare/mez if your class has that capability.
  18. Godelpus New Member

Have had this issue in both solo and heroic versions, after much trial and dying we found that the soothed bats go agro if you get very close to them. It was possible to body pull if you run between the bats, however ranged attack sounds easier so will try that next time.

Did have another issue; around 50% a random player is ported to the middle of the bats pulling all 8 and hence a wipe. We couldn't see anything to indicate when this would happen and how to counter it. Anyone else had this?
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I've helped several guildies get thru this step already. I personally think this one is a little demanding for a component of the Signature line.

Soothe: I'd rather see the Soothe not able to be dispelled for a set time only, rather than dispel if damaged. This is why I had issues w/ body pull: When helping others w/ rallius, I turn off some buffs. Sing Focus and soothing a few seems to work, but not every time, I believe it's buff related.
  20. Dannni Active Member

This can be a little annoying at first but really is relatively straightforward