Tradeskill AA Savage - Change it to where it give rares again

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cinnamon, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Cinnamon Active Member

I've been wondering about this, but what happened to it giving rares after lvl 100? It only gives some item for armor for agnostic zones anymore. Since level increase, it's needs to be like it use to be for it's pointless to use it on anything past lvl 100 anymore.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. Cinnamon Active Member

Yep..had feeling I was misspelling it too.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

So long as infusers are a thing, they're not going to change salvage.
    Also, salvage was also a bad way to get rares.. even MC gear only had a very small chance of rare instead of commons. Harvesting almost always gives a better return for time/pull compared to salvaging.
  5. Cinnamon Active Member

I never used it for a way to get rares, but my chances of getting them was worth salvaging them because I had legendary or Fabled items. I could careless for the other thing we get from them now. I would weather get mats or rares than that.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I didn't care about the infusers either, until I realized it's what pushed me and my health to stellar levels. Add up the buffs I have on gear that I've infused and you won't miss the point of infusing anymore. There are raiders out there with even better stats who have used more advanced infusing techniques than I can. The level 100 rares are the ones from shadeweave buds aren't they? So you're not missing them. If it gave you the rares from Thallumbra, you would have no use for them because the panda gear would be better than what you can craft with Thallumbra recipes, wouldn't it?
    Sejreia likes this.
  7. Steelviper Active Member

Crafted ToT gear is completely trashed by the Handcrafted KA gear anyway. Only "pre-KA" gear which can hold it's own in KA is the Fabled Dynasty gear from the Fabled Xux'laio x2 / Chel'drak x4, and it has more or less same stats as the Solo KA armor, with mitigation close to heroic armor.
    Mastercrafted / Legendary gear always had a bit small chance to produce a rare harvest after salvaging (before the ToT / KA gear which always gives infuser mats - only exception I noticed being the Sword of the Iksar Hero which just gives normal harvest from salvaging, probably oversight), with Fabled being the only 100% gear giving a rare / about 60% chance for Mana for adorning, and although not proven, but raid dropped Fabled having even higher chance for 2, instead of 1 rare.

Infusing does give a huge benefit indeed, not individually, but if you take the diligence to infuse whatever and whenever you can, the difference in the end will be quite big. There's 3 kinds of infusing which stack with each other - Bonus infusers, which are usually rewards for finishing questline, or claims from expensive expac versions, physical infusers which drop or are crafted, and plat infusing. Doing all 3 on an item which is worth it (if you're sure to keep it long-term) do produce high results.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed though, the "loyalty" infusers seem to not work on most gear. I'm not sure why. Just buy one and try it before you invest in them (I mean if you are going to). The infusers crafters can make are better than the ones that drop. I have easily spent 100k plat on infusers. Probably much more, before I got the recipes.
  9. Cinnamon Active Member

I guess I see your point, but I have a army of alts so getting rares for spells/abilities and rares used for furniture was always a plus for me so now all I get is the infusers stuffs and none of the other stuffs past level 100. :(

("I can't count the times I was like, "Ohh...it's a pelt or ore that is pretty much useless now days.)
    Semperfifofum likes this.