Training dummys

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Hybrid, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Hybrid New Member

Why are there no training dummys to be found? Bevore people storm the post and claim that they were added with xpac XXX and are just not there yet, those are aboslutly essential to enhance your own gameplay and try new stuff out. It cant be that hard to add some puppets somewhere in the major citys.
  2. Blkitty Member

Aren't they a guildhall amenity? That would mean they won't be in until Sentinels Fate, which is when halls were added on Stormhold.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yup, guild hall only.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Guild halls were added in RoK. However we have several amenities that were not available to us yet.

DBG could put forth a little effort and let us have access to either a craftable or store bought Training Dummy we can put in our houses.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

to late to edit, you are correct SH got guild halls during Sentinels Fate. RoK is when they came out originally.
  6. Blkitty Member

Also my bf has told me you could make extra dummies while doing the level 30 tradeskill quest for Adam and Jamie in Steamfont. But that is the only time you can make as the recipe leaves your book after the questline is done.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I asked gninja and he said that it would take too much time to recode them to work in houses/in other places due to the actual item being coded as an amenity and not an item.

I would suspect this would take away development time from other things, I do believe we should get guild halls as soon as possible so we have access to dummies.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

While not entirely the same thing, I've been using the level 35 epic mobs in Qeynos Harbor as training dummies. Basically works the same for what I need.
  9. pumancat Well-Known Member

There WAS the Hua Mein one for homes on the Market. But the bundle seems to have been discontinued.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They're selling Training Monkeys, which are expendable. During RoK, I used those walls around the monk training area.
    Elskidorr likes this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

You really quoted a comment from 3 years ago? Must be a slow day on the forums.
    Elskidorr likes this.
  12. Elskidorr Active Member

Sig always intended to answer this but just now found the time.
    Zenji likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Didn't notice it was old. Someone else commented on it, which brings it up in the "What's New" display.
    Breanna likes this.