Sigh...one more time, for us clueless; Layout Plans?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Basically, how do we "gift" a layout file to someone? I know it involves the exact same kind of house, or at least something similar (the 4- and 6-room New Halas houses, for instance, start off pretty much the same way), but after that... :-/

Is email involved, or is this something that can be done all in-game?

Uwk
    who's seen it talked about time and time and time again, but things take time sinking through concrete... ;->
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

I've received mine from others through email. I gave one by making someone trustee of my house and letting them save the layout. Obviously this was someone I trusted.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Perfect! Smart and simple; even I should be able to understand that. :)

Thanks! :)

Uwk
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Sapphirius sent me her layout via email as well, but as Katz said, the simplest way is to put the person on trustee and let them save the file from the house itself. :)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant. Love it! :)

Uwk
  6. JesDyr Well-Known Member

You could also have then make you trustee of their house (once they have all the items in it) and just load your layout.

But yah .. they are just text files.. Any method of filesharing would work.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/smacking_forehead
    Yeah, that would work too! :D

Hnh! I know when I save one as .txt in Notepad, the game looks at me funny if I try to use that as a layout file...wonder what the extension for it is; usually doesn't show up on the "real" file name.

Uwk
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

They don't have a file extension. They are just plain text files (ANSI encoded). Technically they would be CSV files (which is just a type of plain text).
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

They are actually saved with no dot extension... just as a file, Uwk.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I might have to make this a video since you have to modify the top part of the file so it has the correct house id header piece.
    Sejreia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Yeah, good point...would that be helped by having someone come on in and save the file directly from the house itself and then apply it to another house of that type that they own, or is that still a concern?

Uwk
  12. Lera Well-Known Member

Usually they're saved with no extension, but if you save one in Notepad as .txt, you'll have to include the .txt when you do /load_layout.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! But it'll work?? :eek:

Uwk