Why I'm quitting instead of PoP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Indrajit, Nov 5, 2017.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Not to mention it's against the ToS?
    Xakrein, Cloudrat and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

D&D 5E & Starfinder.

MMOs can die in a fire.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

The Qeynos city quest line is a lot easier. I probably will betray and avoid the freeport timeline on the rest of my characters that aren't Qeynos based.

I've never betrayed a character before. Are their any pitfalls to it? Do you lose important factions that you built up?
  4. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that you'd flip your "other" city Factions. So, for instance you'd no longer be welcome in Neriak but you would be welcome in Kelethin. As I said earlier, it's been a long time since I betrayed, but I don't recall any of my "earned" factions changing because of the betrayal, only my city factions flipping.
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

You don't lose your faction earned with sub groups, but you do lose your ability to interact with them. So, for instance, you wouldn't lose faction with Seafury Buccaneers, but you would lose the ability to buy from their merchant. Once/if you betray back you wold be able to interact with the sub groups as you did before.
    Tekka likes this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Excellent! That's what I needed to know.
  7. Azian Well-Known Member

The first character I did that quest on I got caught repeatedly before succeeding. The 2nd took me like 2-3 attempts. The third was a one shot and done deal.

That said, the quest is stupid and should be updated. The city timelines are already too long and worthless without actually having a roadblock quest like this one can be.
    Ceyllynn, Cloudrat and Snikkety like this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Is this a different Scale Break ragequit thread? 2 in 1 week? If you're going to quit over 1 quest, you were never going to finish the epic 2.0 anyhow. Scale break is one of the easier of the "difficult" quests. I am an epiletic, prone to seizures, and I can say that any impairment can be overcome with practice.
    Malleria likes this.
  9. Steelviper Active Member

I did the epic 2.0 only ever on my main Necromancer with Kunark Ascending, even after they introdiced the faction adjustment bauble for the alts to "mitigate" the huge grinding hassle before being able to do epic 2.0. The epic 2.0 story at the beginning of the expac was nothing memorable (some magic effects blabbing I couldn't remember if I tried), and the grinding was epic indeed, especially the upgrading of the epic 2.0 spells part where you had to grind + grind + repeat indifinitely more times the public quests to get the fragments to upgrade them. Nevermind the incredibly rare drop rates of the fragments in the Solo zones (at least for me), I was lucky enough to upgrade both of my epic 2.0 spells doing the public quests when they still were very popular.
    All for the sake of the grinding fest, no thanks anymore. The mythical version of the weapon requiring you to go through basically every raid name there is in KA, or just forget it.

Epic 1.0 was was infinitely more interesting, and especially shorter, there. And the raid names for myth upgrades were, well, I'd say probably much more doable. Not so much content by now, as there is the grind work to replace what is missing.
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

I wish someone would just hold my hand in general :0
    Roxxlyy and Cloudrat like this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'm playing with one hand, having to use the mouse for movement etc... it's a lot different.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

me too:) I have been lucky most of the time to have friends help me:)
  13. Dyeana Active Member

Is this the same Scale Break I am thinking of? I think the last time I did it, it took only about 3 runs thru.

I start this quest by delibertly getting caught about 10 to 15 times in a row by going straight up to the guards. I don't even try to make the run for the quest initially. Don't even leave the zone, just run to the first guards you see to get caught. Reason to do this is every time you get caught, and start from the reset point is the guards agro radias gets reduced each time you are caught. Soooo do the get caught out of the way first heheeeee.

I have done it a couple times with out being caught after gettng caught initially, but it usually takes 2 or 3 times at most to get to the jail. Mainly do to the one guard I can't see when jumping from the crates. OK, I guess I done it too many time with a majority of my characters being preferably evil.

And Mrs Cloudrat, I also do it one handed switching between the mouse and Num keys with no particular speed. Don't have to when they don't have much agro radias.

Oh well, Let me get back to bed.

Dye
    Prissetta, Spindle and Shmogre like this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Well, next character I take through this, I'll do the go get killed 10 - 12 times to change the aggro range trick.:rolleyes:
    If that doesn't work, I'll go betray.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Raenius Well-Known Member

If you grew up with Arcade/Nintendo and Sega Games - this quest is easy.

If you are young enough to own a Playstation as your very first console - sorry.....you missed that golden age to harden your spirit.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Scale Break is a real PITA quest, it took me many tries to get it right. Would never quit over it, but yeah it's not one of those quests that everyone is going to be able to do without some issues if at all. And yes, I grew up with Atari and the orignal NES lol. The quest is still a PITA.

You've never had to be from Freeport (or other evil aligned city) to be a dirge. Both bards have been neutral classes since day one. Druids, bards and warriors were the original neutral classes.
    Now you may have had to do the full betrayal back then to switch classes, but not to be a dirge from Qeynos.
    Ceyllynn likes this.