A Yurning to Decorate!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ealdian, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

Aww, Kianne, I agree with Wizzam. I have confidence in you that you could do it. :D

Ahh well, we still love you anyways. :)
  2. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

I'm only designing one small piece. I dont know if it will work but Im giving it a go. Im sure others will cime up with something amazing. The one thing i like about the urn is when you flip it over. The bottom has a nice texture and shine to it.
  3. kianne Well-Known Member

*HUGGGGGGGGSSSSS* <3
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Is there a special way you want us to label our entries?
  5. Ethini Well-Known Member

In the spirit of the contest, I think the names should be Punny, and include URN in them, but that's just me :D
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm with Kianne on this, I couldn't come up with anything using the urns alone. You did inspire me to use them though Ealdian and not just as herb jars or urns lol - I made this little fountain - and I thank you for the inspiration!:)

[IMG]
    Ocarinah, Ratbill, kianne and 3 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I had a cream puff in Paris that reminds me of that (without the water and only 2 levels, total ;->)... :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Febrith like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was just going to have Tithulta label his YtD2017. If there is a special way you need it named I will have him change it.

Cyrrena
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Ratbill Well-Known Member

I have spoken to Eli about publishing. I did not find that info here, may have missed it...

Houses for this Urn event should not be published before November 17th, by decree of Eli. ;)
    This goes both for competitors and for 'fun' participants.

As for the name, I like the idea of including YtD17, but that is just my opinion.
    I most likely will do something like: House Name (YtD17) by Ratbill
    But we will have to wait on a word from our sponsor on the official guidelines for naming/publishing the house. :D
  10. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I like it!
  11. Ealdian Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, folks for not keeping up with this, I travel for a living and sometimes things get so HECTIC!

I officially like Ratbill's way to name your house so that I can find it.

(Your House Name) YtD17 by (your name) will be the official naming protocol. ( Puns are gratefully accepted)

I will need everyone participating to publish on the 17th of Nov. Time of day is irrelevant to me since I will probably be driving when you publish. But the homes have to be on the leaderboards so my baby toons on each server can find it.

I KNOW I am putting myself out there for possible abuse when it comes to selecting a winner or two or three. But know this, EVERYONE'S work will no doubt be awesome and highly appreciated. The winners may not be the ones you may have selected, and to this I say...sponsor your own contest. Everyone who participates will urnestly deserve the prize the devs have cooked up for us. ( Get it? Urnest??? HAHAHAHAHA!)

The reason I wanted to sponsor this contest was to help people see that getting 1000's of urns dropped on them by those evil "trick or treating" devs was really a cause to celebrate, not complain. I hope you all have fun with this and may the best urn win!

Eli
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

Yeah thinking I would have enough urns to do what I am...honestly I need more so anyone on skyfire doesn't want theres let me know here and ill give u access to a dump house so you can drop off any time.
  13. PurpleChicken Active Member

14. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I think I have a little more than 700 urns... I'm building something with them, but after the contest is over, I'm going to go in and add trees and rocks and plants to the zone to finish the effect.
  15. PurpleChicken Active Member

16. Ratbill Well-Known Member

There is a dungeon made for this contest, filled with Urns, on Skyfire. It is only for Urns and only for the contest. I can give access to you and anyone else in need of Urns or in need to drop off urns.
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

lol ratbill you gave me access lol on baeletha hope therees some in there
  18. Ealdian Well-Known Member

This is fine...

I just wanted to have people stretched to the extreme level of creativity by using only urns. I KNOW this crowd is incredibly creative! I didn't want anything else in the scene to cloud my already dubious judgement.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks to Strings and few others that cheaply placed them on broker (before I knew Strings was giving them away) I have filled my house completely but it doesn't have expanders. Hopefully I have time to use them all up. Judging is always hard cuz everyone is so amazing. Thanks for the info on publishing. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I finally got some time to sit and try this out. This is a LOT harder than I thought it would be!