Returning Guardian, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Meaghan Stormfire, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'm coming back to live servers from being on TLE for the passed few years and I'm pretty damn lost. I'm working through the gear up event and I really have no clue what I should be focusing on.

What zones/events should I be running and what stats should I be focusing on? Where should I be putting my tithe points and what are the recommended target numbers? Which Ascension should I focus on first?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

1. Assuming you are max level, go to sundered frontier and just off the wizard portal there is a panda. Speak to it and start the quest line For each quest done, you can then buy stuff from it. Complete all 9 and you will have the right gear and 50 potency tithe points - potency is the priority to answer your question. Enough to get started in KA. This is a breeze and only require you to visit different zones. You will mostly find it hard to get a group this close to the next expansion and frankly I will not worry about it too much right now.

2. You can then start the KA signature questline which will take you through the solo zones and net you some best in slot items like the shield.

You can do No.2 first and then do No.1 but I think doing Panda line first will ease you in better.

3. Start on your ascension grind thereafter, Each class has its own merit and no one class is overall the best. Really depends on what class you are and what content you are playing. You can start with Etherealist/Elementatlist/Thaum or Geomancer first. The grinding is a laborious task as I am sure you have seen a lot of threads about it on forums. Next expansion will remove scroll restriction so I guess you can look forward to that as no provision has been made to alleviate the tedium currently.

4. Do all solo daily and weekly zone quests to grind Ascension. All the best!

5. Do public quests in between provided you find players to do them with, some decent quest loot upon completing them and items needed to craft ascension spell upgrades.

6. Go to battlegrounds or now known as proving grounds (PG) and do solo zones to get tokens from which you can buy armor and adornments.

7. You can start your epic 2.0 but beware, there is a lot of grinding involved. Quest progression is tied with level of ascension.

In all, you will be presented with an overwhelming amount of tedious grinding until the next expansion. Really depends on your patience and dedication to do as much as you can/want.

Going forward, ascension is the main priority. Everything else will be replaced most likely.

In terms of stats, potency is the king, followed by fervor and the rest. You will reach hard cap on crit bonus quickly with gear and will see some gear pieces with orange stats that indicate +overcap bonus or fervor etc.

Auto attack does little now so multi attack/flurry/haste/dps is not useful as much, although there are certain caps you can reforge into for these stats and make them useful but there is a method of play which I will not get into right now.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Reforge to:
    100% AE
    100% hate gain - group content.
    100% casting speed
    100% reuse speed
    100% flurry/strikethrough/accuracy -- I know I said they are not useful but you can easily do this but don't make this first priority.

With 50 tithe points, you should at least be around 20k potency self-buffed with gear. Gear with high potency will obvious give you more potency. Top tier players are self buffed at 50k+ potency these days.

Since you will be soloing mostly, i suggest going dual conversion in guardian AA to get some critbonus and potency boost especially early on.

For ascension abilities:

Increase spell double cast through equipment.

Potency and fervor are here to stay.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Thanks man, you told me pretty much everything I wanted to know. I noticed the panda armor doesn't seem to be reforgeable but I got the 50 potency from him and the lvl 5 ascension token, which seemed to both be really useful. I'm thinking I'm going to focus on tithe and ascension since it's looking like all of my gear will be replaced pretty much immediately on expansion launch.
  5. Billzbub Active Member

I think the orange adornments you can get from Proving Grounds right now might still be really useful at the start of the new expansion if you need something else to work on.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

If you already have 50 tithe points then don't bother with more tithe grinding. After 50, the diminishing return curve will hit very hard.

As Billzbub said, along with ascension try grinding tokens to get orange adornments.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'm going back and forth between grinding my ascension scrolls and running my 100's through the PGs for the orange tokens. I seem to be on the best course of action then?
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes. Although going forward we know for sure ascension will play a major part in the next expansion but do not exactly know what they are planning to do with orange adornments as of yet but I would personally give it a priority when I have acquired all ascension xp for the day and have no more scrolls to grind on.
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

The orange adornments are the replacement effects from EPIC quest rewards. (earrings/rings/neck/ect) since we will be losing all those items, they want to preserve the effects.
  10. Fairin Active Member

i have to reccomend / add in

100% hate gain. dont rely on having a dirge/coercer for hate
    20% accuracy is the cap (for KA. subject to change)
    100% strikethrough is 100% nessary. parried attacks = no threat

Potency is your DUMP stat after getting every single piece of fervor / critbonus(to cap) (applies to spec + gear) although i wouldn't reccomend a 100 pot item cause it has 3x the critbonus of other items, stick to 700+ pot items minimum.

Fervor is KING (as its a potency / crit / abilitymod multipler)
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone. It is appreciated.
  12. Arclite Well-Known Member

Also, make use of bonus PG token week. Get yourself all orange adornments maxed out. It seems they will remain very relevant in the next expansion.