For PoP Beta Folk

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Carynn, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almee Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything in the presentation that excited me about PoP. I'll buy one collector's xpac but the rest will be basic xpacs unless PoP has more to it than what was shown.

It does look like we will be going back to regular harvesting as I saw mushroom plants, from ToT, so I hope I'm right about this. One of my favorite things about EQ2 is harvesting while adventuring. That's why I play two characters at once so one can harvest while the other fights off mobs with the mercs.

I don't understand the difference between advanced solo and duos. Can two characters run a zone with their mercs or are duo zones really what we now call advanced solo? I hope it is two characters with mercs as that is how I love to play and it would make this xpac well worthwhile for me.

I still don't understand ascension despite the efforts of a number of really nice players who have tried to explain it to me. I just collect scrolls and click on the icon when it lights up. I do the same with the spells.

I have no idea why I keep getting the ascension spell to change my form every time I get a scroll from an ascension trainer. If it gives some sort of buff it doesn't state that on the scroll when I examine it so I just keep clearing the hotkey which I find annoying.

I find the new merc and mounts absolutely gross. They look like something out of a nightmare. I hope you give us a spell to change the merc's looks to something more acceptable.

I would love to get a mount that looks like the horse in the video. It would look great in my stables.

I still don't understand why you all continue to create monochrome zones when 10% of males are color blind to some extent. I'm not color blind and I have problems in those type zones so I can't imagine what a color-blind person must go through.

I hope this will turn out to be an excellent xpac despite my current reservations. Just being alt-friendly is a good beginning. I'll have to wait and see whether it is worth $120+ for the collector's edition for each of my accounts.
    GrunEQ and Prissetta like this.
  2. Freeheroic! Member

will spell upgrades be predominantly daybreak-cash-achievable like ascension? or will you actually be able to acquire through gameplay?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sometimes Beta testers are under non-disclosure agreements. I dunno how they'll structure Beta this time, but we may or may not be able to tell you exactly.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Kander has been quoted three times now stating that there won't be an NDA, especially since we can all read the Beta forums even if we aren't participating in the beta.

Doesn't mean much at all, imo, since "Buy it to see what's in it" is the most nonsensical thing you can ever hear, but it softens the blow, at least.
  5. Gninja Developer

You will be able to upgrade the profession spells/abilities the same way you could before. Through tradeskilling, drops, or research. The rarity of the resources to upgrade those spell swill be similar to past level cap increases not the same as ascension spell components.
    HaphazardAllure and Ruckus like this.
  6. Gninja Developer

Beta does not have an NDA.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Noizette Active Member

What is a profession spell? It's been asked a couple of times and no one is sharing lol.

Is it more WoW speak creeping into eq2, like 'soulbound' ?
  8. Billzbub Active Member

Profession spells are all the combat arts and spells you get as you level up that are for your class, as opposed to ascension spells which everyone can get or AA abilities.
    GrunEQ and Prissetta like this.
  9. Noizette Active Member

Thank you Billzbub, I appreciate your explanation.

I've played since launch (albeit only casually your last 2 expacs) and I've never heard them referred to as that before, usually just class CAs or spells. Learn something new every day!
    GrunEQ and Deezy like this.
  10. jaqs New Member

How long does it typically take for your /beta copy to actually show up on the beta server?
  11. Zorash Member

I haven't done a beta in years, but back then, when it wasn't on the first day it was open, they usually said 30 minutes but it was always less. Since this is the first day and a lot of people have done the copy request, I would expect upto a couple of hours depending on how good their copy software is set up.
    Sejreia likes this.
  12. Chiffon Active Member

Apparently for me.... F.O.R.E.V.E.R. :(
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

So to confirm, we won't have to have the previous tier before upgrading to the next?

eg, we have an ability at apprentice level, I craft the expert level scroll, can I scribe it immediately? Or do I need to have the ability at adept level before I can scribe the expert?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Senya Well-Known Member

The live stream was certainly not very informative. I could have learned as much about PoP by visiting the "Buy Now" page.

I sure do miss the days when there was a yearly Fan Faire and there were hours of videos to watch from the various panels. I never made it to Vegas (unfortunately) but I used to love to keep refreshing my favorite fan site as the info poured in.
  15. Altho Well-Known Member

So how many overland zones are there, just the one for this expansion? If its just Magic then are PoI just heroics and solos? What happened to PoD?
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Question: The tradeskill boost. Are we going to have to buy ALL recipes after we boost a character to a 100 tradeskill?? Cause that will get pretty EXPENSIVE having to pay for 100 books! (I can see still having to buy the secondary ones. . . but the ones from the merchant??)
  17. Justaplayer Member

Expensive? o_o I don't know the exact amount, but it's way below 1k plat. Maybe not even a 100. You can get that much just by running a few zones.
    Snikkety likes this.
  18. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Actually, I would question this logic with the following query: "Why do you have to buy all those books?"

If we're being honest here as tradeskillers, most of our sales come in the current "final tier". I suppose one possible exception is Carpenter, where you're just making whatever people think looks good. But generally, as a tradeskiller, I'm not being asked to make downtier recipes.

With the added proliferation of L100 boosts out there, I expect that we will increasingly see downtier recipes de-emphasized and last tier recipes made more prevalent. Thus, I think that the concern over having to purchase all those old recipes is largely irrelevant to ongoing gameplay as a tradeskiller.
  19. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Also, most mob abilities are classified as "not" profession spells. It's basically used most often as a qualifier for exclusion.

For example, there is a Shaman AA called Immunities which reads "Has a chance to absorb a LXXX effect. Applies to profession and NPC racial spells only."

In this example, a mob that uses a spell that you or I might have - either professionally or one of the playable races - has the chance to have that effect absorbed. However, if it's an effect unique to that mob which you or I cannot have, then there is no chance the AA can affect it.
    Noizette likes this.
  20. Carynn Well-Known Member

Since non-beta testers aren't allowed to post in the beta forums, I hope someone takes the time to answer the questions posted in this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.