For PoP Beta Folk

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Carynn, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to get some specific questions answered about the expac and I hope the beta folk can help! If the beta forum opens to everyone, I may repost this there. Not a lot of questions were answered during the livestream. Here are my questions:

1. Compare the size of PoP to a prior expansion. Is it like ToT/KA (tiny)? Ethermere/Mara (small)? AoM (middling)? DoV/RoK (good sized)?
    2. Talk about tradeskills. Tradeskill quest line? One node or multiple nodes?
    3. What about the spell-level ups, a la app/journey/adept, etc.? Is it "you must have prior tier before you can advance?"
    4. How much xp do you get per quest, with vitality, percentage wise? (Very specific, as I want to know if you can level from 100-110 without having to grind grind grind.)
    5. Any comment about classes getting to be classes again, instead of all ascension wizards?

Thanks, beta testers!
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

We already have confirmation, without beta, that we'll continue to be Ascension Wizards.
    Ruckus likes this.
  3. Gninja Developer

Maybe you should wait and check out the profession spell/ability changes...
    Carynn and Luciar like this.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

That's kind of the issue as it stands, yes.

We know nothing of the spell/CA or AA changes.

We do know we have 5 new ascension levels with new abilities that will most likely build off of the old ones. Seems more likely, given the information we have, that GM Ascension flinging will be the game changers again.
    Ruckus likes this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

In all honesty, this kind of information would have been useful to have been told in the stream etc. Rather than the majority of it being told the pre-orders are available.

If people knew what to expect and what they are actually paying for, it would go a lot further than plugging nothingness.
    -Soteria-, Karsa, Adoninilol and 2 others like this.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I saw the livestream. The question is not about what was said there, the question is directed to people playing the beta and how they feel about the classes in the new expac.

Hence, why I posted this topic in hope to garner more information. If you have specific questions for the beta players, this is a good enough place to post them for the time being.
  7. Mandoblast Active Member

I watched the live stream and am excited for new content. Things that would have been nice to know would be:

1. Number of solo, adv solo, duo, heroic, event heroic, raid zones. Just a number. I like to see them myself
    2. A statement on improving class abilities and how they are going to accomplish it.
    3. How spells from 100 to 110 are going to be handled. There was a rumor about combining spells of this tier?
    4. Is there enough PoP content to fully level a character from 100 to 110 via the sig line and/or dungeons or will this be a grind slogfest?
    5. Speaking of grinding, are we going to get contested dungeons?

Thanks for sharing the live stream. Looks great!
  8. Nolus Well-Known Member

I tried to order it but get this:

o_O
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

I'll be paying attention to beta reports. But nothing I hear about it has any bearing on whether I buy or do not buy the xpac. Take my money DBC :)

I always buy the xpac. So, here's to another 10 levels of EQ2 grindy fun...."clink"
    Nolus and Snikkety like this.
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

As an FYI, the beta forums will be readable by everyone (starting later today), but only those who are participating in beta will be able to respond.

More information about the expansion will definitely surface as players get in game and start testing things out. We could spend an entire day going over questions and talking about features, but we'd rather have you all discover it on your own, and leave feedback as you play through the content/changes... plus, we all had to get back to work at some point. ;)
    Majesty likes this.
  11. Kari Well-Known Member

I agree. I have had enough entertainment over the years that they have already earned their $35.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Looks like Kurei Hitaka is still playing a swashbuckler. Pardon us for not feeling salty about being ignored for many expansions. I know you used to play one, too, so hopefully, you know what we're talking about, Gninja.
    Redlight likes this.
  13. Kander Developer

I will try to answer some of these questions.

Many profession spells from level 101 to 110 have been reworked to bring a greater focus on their use. We tried to make strong changes to those profession spells we consider "Class Defining" [Note what consists of "Class Defining" is open to interpretation.]

We're experimenting with removing many of the AA and Prestige restrictions to open customization and choice.There are no new AA points or Prestige points.

Many new ascension abilities are focused on improving profession spells.

Profession spells will drop as they have in the past via scrolls and tradeskill production.

A lot of other information will be posted in the welcome to beta thread which I believe everyone will be able to at least read.

Leveling, via content in the expansion should not be an issue and there is more than enough XP to level fully to 110 via quests, dungeons, in the expansion etc.

Everything I just posted is subject to change.:eek:
    Finora, Prissetta, Roxxlyy and 2 others like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Swash and SK. Both classes have seen better days, and it feels kinda disgusting that an ability from a sub-class is the main damage contributor for the most part. If that's actually fixed, great, but that doesn't sound likely to be the case at the moment.
    Redlight likes this.
  15. Redlight Well-Known Member

Ruckus please check out all the Swashy changes in Beta and send me a report!! I have never recieved any feedback what so ever with the lackluster attention to the Swashbuckler class and dont want to throw away $100 to find out nothings changed
    Gnoma'
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

hopefully you will make ASC 11 Elemenalist ( Elemental Channeling ) usefull for petcaster too. Actual it's almost useless
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Seeing that my jeweler and alchemist made 0 journeyman recipes due to the 0.0001% drop rate this past expansion, I'm not holding my breath on them doing much in regards to ascension. Ascensions being upgraded via low drop rate on books is just what we've all been saying for a year. It's a cash grab and "play to win" game model.

Like all the previous level increases of the past, I want to go out and forage rares to make my scout combat art upgrades on my jeweler. I want to make poisons that matter and combat upgrades for fighters on my alchemist.

I solo. I group. I raid. I do all things tradeskilling on my main and I have 8/9 tradeskillers on my account.
  18. Ellah Active Member

They've already answered one part, there is a tradeskill questline which will follow after launch.
  19. Alittlerusty Member

How do you get to beta?
    I know you nee to purchase expansion , but is it a separate server or you just can port to it using characters you have now?

Also do you keep experience and any other advancements and items after it goes live?
    Thanks....
  20. Deezy New Member

Excuse my ignorance on this, what is a profession spell? Google and forum search yields nothing. Well, forum search did give me one result from archive which said there was no such thing as a "professional spell".
    Noizette likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.