New Gear Up event ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by olleran, Oct 9, 2017.

1. olleran Active Member

Does anyone know what the new Gear Up event is ?
  2. maxximum Active Member

No idea. I'm praying it's bonus PG coins or there's really not much reason for me to play, or subscribe.

Hint hint.
    Mathafern likes this.
  3. Ozymundas Active Member

You would think they would announce it on the Friday before if they cannot announce it earlier in the day than this... It happens like this every time we have weekly bonus events that change. I realize they are in California, but it's the afternoon for most of the United States by now.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

People are saying it's double loot. But I can't confirm as I've only been doing NOTD stuff.
    santargria likes this.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

Poor communication is a problem in this game....yet it never seems to get addressed! We are already almost 12 hours into the next week and nothing...zippo...nadda word!
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the stuff according to what I just read again, was supposed to start at 12am pst this morning. they turned off the so-called double XP(my math says 30% is not double) for the prog servers, right then, despite the fact we were -30% xp for the first 16 hours of the event(never mind the repeated login issues etc). no announcement or changes for either live or prog servers yet.

someone needs to either feed the hamsters or step up to gerbils to get things going... I understand today is a holiday in the states and Canada, but come on...
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Sorry for the delay on this announce - this week, players will earn double Public Quest Currency and double Loot on Live Servers, and double Status on Progression Servers.
    santargria, Shmogre and Alphaville like this.
  8. Mathafern Well-Known Member

SOMETHING is needed at this point to make the game worth logging in.

Bonus PG coins to make your eyes bleed faster!
    Double loot so that you can get twice as much of the gear you already have to fill up your inventory!
    Double XP to grind from level 10 ascension to level 10.99999 by running solos and advanced solos over and over!

It's going to be a loooooooong few weeks between now and the expansion.
    Alphaville likes this.
  9. Ratza Well-Known Member

Roxxlyy...thank you for letting us know.
  10. Revel Well-Known Member

Double Public Quest currency IS A JOKE. People have 20k+ Sovereign of Rile tokens laying about and NOTHING to spend them on.

Give us the damn double PG currency and be done with it, while those items are still useful for people trying to finish out the last bits of raid content. There is ZERO reason for lots of us to log in until you do so.
    Conifur, Breta, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

double status starts when? because it certainly hasn't started like it was supposed to on FG.

FYI the login servers aren't working yet again!
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Roxxlyy, thanks for dropping by and giving us the news.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

You just game me exactly zero resons to log in this week. Now i can do something more productive than being mad about not being able to log in into this silly game. Cheers.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

I think I have 35-40k PQ currently laying around.
    Alphaville likes this.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

This ^

No one even does the PQs anymore. Could we please have the remainder of the event decided by someone who is actually familiar with this game?
    Mizgamer62, Conifur and Breta like this.
  16. Malahk Active Member

Well, we just had 6 times the Ethereal Coins loot. That was nice.

What we need now is 6 times the PG marks. That might actually help us gear up our alts which is what I thought the whole point of Gear Up, Level Up was.
    Justaplayer, Prissetta, Ratza and 2 others like this.
  17. cobra New Member

the need to do triple a ascension xp and scrolls so we can get our alts the charms.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have less than 100 Soverigns, because I choose not to endlessly farm anything other than holidays and Moonlight Enchantments. So during this week, I will do a few of the PQs and wait for the next event or do some randomly when I feel like it. I think we have forgotten that anything that is a gift we should be grateful for whether we need it/like it or not (shall I mention ugly Christmas sweaters?). They do not owe us any events, therefore they are a gift. Perhaps we should look at what happened with Vet Rewards, no matter what they gave us, people whined and complained, now we do not get them at all.

Thank you DB for doing events and holidays.

Cyrrena
  19. Ellah Active Member

I wish we could get told what the promotion would be running for each week so that we could plan our play time before the expansion.

Would like to add my voice to multiplying PG coins please, they are painfully dull and really would help if the rewards were upped, by a lot!
    Cyrrena and Snikkety like this.
  20. Ozymundas Active Member

I don't pay grandma to be my grandma, so her gifts are genuinely gifts. I pay Daybreak to provide an entertaining game. These events aren't gifts, they are ways to improve entertainment. When their ways of improving the entertainment fail, I feel my money would be better spent elsewhere. I love EQ2 and I want it to last forever, but let us not pretend they are doing us a favor. This is a service we pay for.