Thurgadin down for 2+ hours and counting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Hechada, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Whata New Member

I can belive it!!! how u work guys? server down day per day. and 4 that i pay money? when i want play in my off time and the server is down, i get money back or something like that? when i will work like u guys my boss will be fire me.... thx 4 nothing
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Arcos Active Member

Ok I'm getting back into Character Select but only a few chars are showing and the server is listed as Down.
  3. Bains New Member

Zero characters here....
  4. Arcos Active Member

Now its just Locked. Progress for this week's ongoing event but I highly doubt we'll get any explanation of what happened and any promise to sort it out permanently.
  5. Karamella Well-Known Member

Same here about half an hour ago until the connection was lost again.
  6. Littleheals New Member

why is it that our server goes down 24/7, constant restarts, server messed right up all the time but this NEVER happens to the US servers? seems like they don't even care about our server
  7. Arcos Active Member

I honestly don't think they do care about the European side of things any more. If they did we'd get some love now and again. But little sign of that recently.
  8. Littleheals New Member

Server is said to be live again, lets blow it up by all logging in at the same time
  9. yersinasexbomb New Member

Thurgadin up, foar all of you who are still around - and not already logged in
  10. Arcos Active Member

And I'm in.
  11. Jamiss Developer

What in the world is this thread doing in Tips, Tricks, et. al?

Anyway, the issue has been resolved. Firstly, there was a population issue across all of Daybreak's games. This led to the servers being in a strange state for Thurgadin only. We had to restart a few services and then reconnect Thurgadin to them. It took a while to track down the cause and the solution. Sorry about the downtime!
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

Irrelevant to you - but it's not all about you is it? For those people who have characters on the American servers, they can still play on those if they want to - is all I said. I am in no way saying that having Thurgadin down yet again in any way doesn't suck - because it clearly does.
  13. Littleheals New Member

so i suppose it's all okay now that you've said sorry then? THANKS A LOT! YOU ARE FORGIVEN
  14. Saladdin Active Member

DB! we want to got an answer why the technical issues are regularly and constantly arises on the same server? I meanThurgadin server. Outdated and collapsed corpses of servers? Can be lost each second strap memory? Water dripping from the roof directly into the computers? What is wrong happens all the time with this server? Answer to us.
  15. Mucko Member

They already answered your question as to what happened...
    How about thanking them for tracking down the issue and resolving it instead.
    Spindle and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tips, Tricks, et. al. is higher up in the Forums list than here. It's easier to find. ;)

Thanks for solving this today! :) But why is Thurgadin in "strange states" in the first place? :-/

And except for this thread (and maybe experimenting on our own, but I can imagine people getting frustrated and doing something else for a bit instead; thanks for letting us know here! :D), where would we have known things were resolved? There wasn't even anything in the Twitter feed in the margins on the Forums home page. :(

Uwk
    Levatino likes this.
  17. Sharann Well-Known Member

Thank you for solving the issue.

What I would expect as a player is:
    • A dedicated place for such type of communication (i.e. there's Discord, there's Facebook, Twitter and this forum). Honestly, I come to this forum to see what is going on because that's how it was working for many years before and it worked great.
    • An acknowledgment the issue is identified and someone is working on it.
    • An explanation about the issue and the time it might take to resolve it. I know it's not easy to plan for a timeframe, but all this would really help relieve the anger and frustration we can see bursting out, especially if the issue is recurring.
    I am required in my RL job to provide the above level of service.
  18. Jamiss Developer

Thurgadin ended up in a strange state compared to the other servers because it didn't connect to the services that had to be restarted properly.

Thurgadin is also a unique case in that its servers are in a different location than our other servers.
  19. Jamiss Developer

1. I will usually talk in very broad strokes on the forums, sometimes being more specific on Discord.
    2. The lack of acknowledgement on this issue was on me. I just started working on the problem instead of stating that it was being looked into. That's my bad.
    3. I will usually not provide an ETA unless the fix has a known time that has to be applied to it. Many items require tracking down the issue first as well as coming up with a resolution that affects the least amount of people. This makes it incredibly difficult to provide an accurate ETA for most of the random issues that we experience.
  20. Cat Kill New Member

Dear Sirs,
    Can't enter on Thurgadin again. What is going on?
    Already almost 7 hours off ...