Yun Zi: ALmost over or extended forever?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dude, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

According to this https://www.everquest2.com/news/days-of-summer-2017-week-9 we need to do the quests before "Monday, October 2nd at 11:59PM PT." According to the rumor mill, Kander stated in Discord that Yun Zi and his quests will be available forever. Anyone have a screenshot of that? Or, even better, anyone with a red name want to confirm or discredit the rumor?

Additional request: Please allow us to edit the titles of posts. I hate making typos.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My understanding from what I saw in Discord is that the panda merchant will remain. I have not seen anything about the quests being available beyond Oct. 2.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep, that's why I'm asking. According to Skyfire general chat, Kander said that both the merchant and the quests would be available forever. It makes sense as a way to get new people up to speed, but what makes sense to me doesn't always happen in the game.
  4. Sambril Well-Known Member

Launcher has a link to:
    It's the Final Week for Days of Summer Questing!

5. Dude Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Sambril Well-Known Member

Oops - sorry - somehow I missed your link :(

In any case, better safe than sorry. I think it would be a good idea to complete the quests this week if you can even though there is still a bug with the currency count.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  7. Nelie Well-Known Member

8. Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! Rumor is no longer a rumor. Woooooot!
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Hooray that important info is once again only on Discord. Thanks for the sharp eye Nelie!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'd be nice that we could get that info here, too... :-/

At least it's possible! :D

Uwk
    Febrith, Ruckus and Prissetta like this.
  11. Ellah Active Member

So pleased Kander and Caith decided to make this stay. Thank you!
  12. Sharann Well-Known Member

Best news this Week! Glad I don't have to pack stuff for alts, not to mention housing decorations as my storage homes are overflowing already. Thanks for this! :cool:
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

No problem posting that screen. Maybe its just me but does anyone else have that odd feeling maybe it does need to be completed before Oct 2nd because some 'bug' is going to screw something up? Usually I have high hopes for things like this but that negative feeling kinda dawns me with the recent problems.
    Quillyne and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Doing the quest itself is actually the easiest part of the whole thing. Collecting on it, keeping the current currency, etc., that usually seems to be the hang-up (or rather, "those usually seem to be the hang-ups"). :-/

Uwk
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

Some sort of official red name on these forums would be appreciated. Im threatening harikari on my raiders if they dont have it done and im not a discord groupie...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Nelie Well-Known Member

I would hope they edit the Summer Event page to reflect what Kander said. All kinda of confusion between my guildmates right now. Hopefully some sort of communication gets resolved between themselves and between our community and DB.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I saw this info quoted after I replied to this thread. I think leaving both up is a good move.
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Good news! The dev team has decided these quests will become permanent content.

There are many reasons for this decision, mostly due to the tithe catch up and balance issues that we wanted to fix before the Planes of Prophecy release. We decided that leaving the questing content available would help alts, new, and returning players down the line, and that there is no real downside to leaving it active. We also saw a lot of players panicking because they were missing quests due to being out on summer vacations, facing natural disasters, etc, and wanted to ensure no one felt stressed that they were missing out. :)

We apologize for the confusion in messaging yesterday - I'll be clearing up the article shortly and ensuring that this new information gets spread further out on other channels as well!
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Thanks Roxxlyy!
  20. Chocoholic Active Member

Thank you very much for this official confirmation, Roxxlyy!

I agree, there really isn't a downside, mostly positives from making Yun Zi a permanent Panda :D