Yun Zi Still Bugged

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lateana, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I ran into lots of weird bugs this morning. The characters who ran the quest (four accounts) sometimes got an update and sometimes did not. Some characters on each account could see the items to buy and got an error message, some did not. One character had reverted to showing week seven as completed but was able to run the quest for week nine. When that character went to get her week nine items, she could not because now she was showing credit for week eight. I zoned her around for a while and finally she showed week nine, but when she zoned back to Yun Zi she reverted to week eight again.

To summarize for one account only that has seven characters:
    The one who ran the quest has week nine items greyed out.
    Two had no problem buying week nine items.
    Two saw greyed out week nine items.
    Two saw white items but got error messages when trying to buy them.

Last week I didn't have any problems at all. Whatever fix was installed September 23rd seems to have broken nearly all my characters this week. I have /bugged the problems I encountered as I ran across them as suggested by CS, but doubt it will be seen there as a coherent problem.
  2. Darcmoon Member

There is a message when you log in that says that there will continue to be some strangeness dealing with the Days of Summer currency until the next patch. It recommends camping to character select and then back in to temporarily fix the issue. I would imagine that after the patch this morning that the issues will go away.
    Shmogre and Dude like this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

This is the in-game MOTD that Darc is referring to:
    [IMG]

The server update is happening right now, so with luck this will be cleared up soon.
    Prissetta and Dude like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Still bugged, unless it takes awhile for the account to update. I completed Week 9 on my main, got the cool mount, switched over to another toon, and found that he did not have credit for Week 9.

And the work around from the MOTD didn't work.

Completely logging out of the game gave me the update. I don't know if it was logging completely out that did it or if it just takes a few minutes to walk out. Either way, that's the new work around.

Grrrr ... sort of. I was able to get the mount on my alt, but can't get the other week 9 stuff. That's just weird.
  5. Lucida Member

I wanted to get the mara estate on my alt but its showing I haven't completed it. Its not registering account wide yet
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Well, bah. :(
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

As posted in other thread:

What you have to do (or rather what I had to) is zone twice for it to work.

You start at 9 when you log in (if not you need a 3rd zone), if you zone to Sundered it resets it to 8 so don't!

Instead zone to Stonebrunt - sets it to 8 then zone to Sundered - sets it to 9

Yah, a real PITA! But it works

I also notice, you have to wait a few seconds when zoning before it updates to the correct amount
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Just tried this. Zoning did not change my currency. It stayed at 8. I tried doing it to every spire available and no change. Then I tried the Druid Rings. No change. Then I tried my call to home with some bell travel. No change.
    santargria likes this.
  9. Defender of Hedgehogs Member

I'm still having the same problem, regardless of whether I re-log or zone -- it reverts to 7, increments to 8 when I get the "items were placed in your currency window", and that's it. (I did verify that the character doing the quests is at 9, correctly.)

(Tried exiting the game completely as per a previous post -- no effect. Still won't go any higher than 8.)
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Based on the new MOTD, it looks like the company knows it's a problem.
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The new MOTD (you can see it by typing /motd in-game):
    [IMG]
    Prissetta and Dude like this.
  12. Jamiss Developer

Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

I had to wait for a few secs after every zone - so you can't just zone in, check your currency and zone out.

I counted to 30 each time and it worked for me.

Sorry it's not working for you :(
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is what fixed it, but I cycled through all my alts for their daily shadeweave bud offering. When I got back to alt #1, everything updated and all my alts now have the correct 9 coins in the currency window.
  15. Kiaristorm Member

Still not working for me only the character that completed the quest has 9 summer event tokens rest of mine show 8. I tried zoning didn't fix it