Strange Sensations: Bugged in Crushbone: The Wracked

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Kristabella, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

In this zone you are suppose to kill 16 orc casters.

I killed every single thing in this zone, nothing living, I only have 9/15 quest won't update. Going out and back in is just a cleared zone, no mobs. Tried relogging, no dice. Cannot go any further on the quest I guess until the timer runs out. I think even if I were to delete the quest I would still have the lock out timer...
  2. Wizx13 Member

I went to crushbone and couldn't find anything inside or outside :(
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okay, it is NOT regular Crushbone. The wizard opens a portal right there beside him. There is a full Strange Sensations write-up on the wiki that literally tells you where to go each step. The CB section says:

There are a couple of orcs hiding in corners behind beds, but I usually have extra thaumaturgists that I have to kill after the quest dings saying I have enough, just to clear the portal so I can leave.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Zones are persistent, wait out the timer and then reset. Should be able to get all the kills.

As curious thing, I've ran this quest line over ten times now. How are some folks not getting enough mobs to kill? the zone has well above the 15 needed for the quest line (that's not even counting the orcs that don't count towards the updates). That's not to you Kristabella, just wondering how this happens.

If you delete the quest, you'd have to run the full quest line again since it's a continuous quest.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/strange-sensations-bugged-in-cavern.580893/

5. Cronyn Developer

This shouldn't be happening. There are more target mobs in the zone than the quest wants.

If one of you having this issue can tell me: do you know if you're killing one of the orcs and not getting credit? Or are you coming into a zone that looks empty?

Any information would help track down what might be going on there. Thanks much!
    Xianthia likes this.
  6. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I have 12 characters who have run thru this zone, only ONE of the 12 had this problem, the 11th one I ran thru. While I understand I can wait for zones to reset to get the rest, I wanted to report the problem, because I am sure they did not mean for you to have to reset the zone to get your kills.

In my one case, there wasn't enough of the right mobs. Usually, I would go in and there are feathers every where. This one time, there was hardly any feathered orcs up, and more of the others. Usually when I go thru I have killed the 15 orcs, and when I am killing the last 1 or 2, I see there are still more orcs with feathers there, so there were always more than enough. I scrolled back to look at the texts of the mobs I killed and there were no more than the 9 I killed. So, it wasn't that I was killing them and not getting credit, they just weren't there.

Hope that helps. But 11 out of 12 times was great.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

might help if you let him know what race, class and level the toon is that might narrow it down quite a bit.
  8. Cronyn Developer

Thanks for all of the information!

Okay so, I looked through the data, and there aren't any tables or swapped spawns in there - everything should be static (so basically, everything that is a mage should spawn as a mage and not as something else). I'm not seeing something I can specifically nail down and fix for you.

If you (or if anyone - tell your friends!) see this issue again, can you respond here with what you saw, and any pertinent information? I'd rather an issue like this didn't go to live, even if it only affects a small percentage of the player base.
    • Level at the time
    • If you had deleted and readded the quest
    • Class, and if you had a pet up
    • Merc or no merc
    Thanks much, all! Hopefully it was just a problem with that one instance and not a recurring issue.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

This issue is affecting other zones as well. I ran into similar problems with the grottos. One character could not see any of the seed bushes in the Enchanted lands. Several others had similar problems, but with different grottos. I believe this problem is not related any specific quest, but instead is a problem with how the zones are spawned.
  10. Aryastark New Member

I found out (the hard way) that most times killing mobs using World Ablaze DOES NOT update at all. Not sure if this is intended or not, but that's my experience.