What would YOU like to see next expansion?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cirvandal, Sep 21, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And all Items that aren't armor having > 1000 Potency.
    Dude likes this.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And one last thing; one more hotbar, regardless if we are going to be having a spell consolidation or not.

Especially if they keep to their horrible plan to force us to upgrade the 101 to 110 spells and abilities in order.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I asked about this on EQ2Interface.com today, and it turns out that it's not straightforward to add a new hotbar. But DarqUI Unified has what he calls an Icon Bar that can be set up using the DarqUI Unified Utility and loaded with stuff just like a hotbar. We were chatting on the forums over there this morning and Darq said:

Whazaaa, Mermut and Dude like this.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

New tradeskill/harvesting items - new researchable recipes from our research assistant and new rewards from doing the daily.
    Raid t1/t2 stuff that are better than heroic items
    Ancient Ascensions droppable in heroics/soloes ( super rare though ) currently its only raids
    x2 mobs
    Quest to gain research reduction items
    Master pages far more common
    Agarth likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Infusers should be the way you upgrade Ascension spells.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Wasn't there talk about merging a few spells/combat arts? This would then free up some hotbar space.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

I have heard people say they want that, but I've never heard it come from someone who actually works for DBG.
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

From the dev's "ask me anything" chats last April/May:

[IMG]
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

1. It to work
    2. Less old content gates
    3. Normal XP gain. I have a feeling they are going to slow XP gain to make another artificial gating mechanism to slow our leveling in an effort to prolong life of expansion and increase quick cash grab on potions from the store. (I have a feeling FG was the test)
    Ruckus, Snikkety and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

I think Infusers are the way to go. You have a base set of gear and then you can increase it (all stats) from infusers. The harder the mobs, the better the infusers; but those infusers are 100% success and have no cap. That way people can customize their gear to what they want. Everything drops infusers and the quest line rewards the base gear.
  11. Feaky Member

My wish list:

1. Make alts relevant again
    2. No more recycled greyed content introduced as pre-reqs
    3. No more mindless and gated grinding
    4. Be able to swap ascension classes from character screen
    5. Be able to grind new ascension classes without losing your current abilities (it's like back to ground zero when grinding new ascension classes). With the need to run so many experts to get the summer ethereals, if you are still working on your other ascension classes, you pretty much have to choose which to do. The root cause is actually #3, so solve either one.
    6. Balance reward drops. some are ridiculous hard to get. For example, summer ethereal rune drops, ascension ability upgrades. I've run content a few hours a day the entire expac and haven't seen any ethereal runes drop and neither has anyone I know. Ascension scroll drops is a problem well documented. I am ok with rare drops, but currently is pretty unobtainable.
    7. More fabled dungeons with instant resetting for grinding new levels and ascensions
    8. Remove all the dumb gating constructs - having to wait a week to reset goblin tradeskills quests to build faction is ********.
    9. Epic x2 raids
    10. Contested dungeons with instancing (or a time based kick mechanism for the basement dwellers who spend 24 hours a day monopolizing them)
    11. Removal of mandatory repeatables within key quest timelines (very few people want to do the same quest over and over and over again just to progress another quest)
    12. Something to spend coins on - this expac rewarded coins with little of value to spend them on. Be smarter in the next expac with coins to reward options.
    13. Balance drops off mob chests. Way too many bruiser/druid drops for the proportion of those classes to the rest of the classes.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Everyone will be wanting the rare 1800 potency pieces that drop once a month. So, it will be a repeat of KA - gear will be called "crap" because it has 1400 potency and everyone will be all over the 1600 potency and then going nuts when 1800 drops.

Raid 3x a night and get maybe 1-2 upgrades for a few people. Most of the loot that drops just gets salvaged. Master spell books are piling up in the guild hall storage box, but nobody has needed master-level spells for a long time.
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Infusers are great no doubt about it, however. I seriously dislike the 80% chance to fail ones we get constantly.

I salvage gear and make 100% chance ones and use those exclusively.

One has to remember you only have a limited amount of tries when using infusers, you can have the dropped ones fail enough to completely ruin a piece of hard earned gear. Now if they made the dropped ones have a better chance rate I'd chance my opinion.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

My point is that no KA gear with < 200 potency should have been added to the loot table to begin with period.

So I'd like to see most jewelry in the next expac have at least 1000 and the rare drops have quite a bit more.
    Conifur and semisus like this.
  15. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because Fall is here again, and NotD is right around the corner, but I would really love to have a Werewolf/Lycanthropic playable race! I was psyched when the Freeblood race was introduced. I also would like to see more hairstyle/color choices for all the current races. Also, please rethink the decision to not allow crafting writs to count towards leveling the guild after it reaches 100+.
    Also, i too would like to see some of the requirements going away that we had in KA..
    Oh, and the hamlets coming back would be nice too, hehe.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! There are so many places to look for "official announcements" that it's hard to keep up.
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Archon of Hate Active Member

I want the return of /pizza.
  18. SandsMans Active Member

Not necessarily for an expansion, but these are a few things that I would like to see.

Bring back /stinkyface emote.

Bring back the interactive flora & water ripples graphics options.

Fix tracking ability so that it doesn't move my selection when the list updates if my selection remains in the list. So annoying when you select something and then the selection moves as your cursor goes to click on OK.

Add option for forced melee/ranged back appearance gear independent of combat setting. e.g. Priest on forced ranged displaying a sword and shield instead of a wand or bow.

Add option to have ground based appearance mount that is different from flight based appearance mount, at the same time. So when I land I am on my ground appearance mount, but when I fly I switch to my flight appearance mount.

Update all carpet/disc mounts to allow for flight appearance.
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Bottom to top consistent itemization. No?

Ok, how about fleshing out some of the lore that's been... no?

Um, please don't add any more new / mysteriously never before discovered sentient peoples? Especially if they're only going to be relevant for one expansion and never playable.

I know, I'm both redundant and a dreamer.
  20. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm thinking we are going to be looking for Chancellor Thanial Vylardin's son next expac.