Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, 100 and the title seems to be it.

Something to note, Kaitheel, is that folks who already dropped the mask/helm into wardrobe will need to acquire a fresh mask/helm, as activating a wardrobe version into your appearance does not increment the count.
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow... :(

Do the costumes you can buy from the Merchant count, or only the Marketplace things? :-/

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Merchant for 50 candy corn for the helm, race high-end prize for the mask. No marketplace needed.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent! Very cool. :)

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

Funny thing happened after today's patch SOE build 13556T my 98 wood elf Ranger started using her bow instead of the shovel to dig up the graves in qeynos.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

and got kicked out of game and now log in servers not working. ok checked the live serer and got in fine.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I got some help, you dinged the 100 achievement while I was at 50 so I clicked it to see my progress and I had ample time (understatement) to note the little line below it showing the reward.

Thanks for the help and if anybody needs help when I'm around, just ask and I'll create some more chars. Sorry for not being there at the start of the event, I was alone with the kids and way too busy to log on (and the start of the year is always a busy time)

I hope it was indeed the last time (continued to howl anyway so I should be around 150 now)
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help! You logged just in time, so missed Test crashing and dumping the rest of us. :O
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

aaah that is what happened
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, I just figured it was the Powers needing to test something on their end. It's the risk you take being on Test. ;->

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  11. Kelvmor Active Member

@Kaitheel

While we're at it...I've just a tiny request! If it's too late for this year, perhaps next year?

One of the house items in Nights of the Dead gives out a piece of candy that has a number of random effects associated with it--the Grave Grabber Candy Dish, I think it's called. There's a few unique illusions it has a chance of giving you, but they only have a 60 minute time limit..could a few of them be made into proper Nights of the Dead Costume illusions that can be bought from the merchant? There's a few I like a lot, and would love to use the appearances full-time, particularly the Thullosian (glowing green) ogre illusion for my ogre SK, or the orc in full armor.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They aren't on the Merchant already? If there's ever anything new available, it's usually there, fanfared or not. ;->

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  13. Kelvmor Active Member

I thought I was pretty clear in the first post, but... The illusions I'm talking about have only ever been available through the randomly-picked effects given by the Ghoulish Chews candy, which is given out by the Grave Grabber Candy Dish house item, a reward from the Nights of the Dead Devotee quest.

The illusions given aren't permanent, and there's no way of telling which one you're going to get, either, which is a shame. The Thullosian Ogre illusion is a perfect look for an ogre SK, and looks much better than the Oggok Ogre currently on the merchant.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Well, I haven't used my Dish in eons, and I've never bought anything off the Merchant, costume-wise, so that explains my ignorance. Yeah, if they're not gonna make the Dish reasonable to get any more, the very least they could do is sell us the costumes from it. ;->

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  15. SandsMans Active Member

I was able to reproduce this by accident.

After starting the quest, dismounting and then stepping on the disc to begin the timer, I swapped out my appearance weapon while waiting. It took me off the quest mount and returned me to my normal mount but kept me stunned until the race began. I was still able to run around and get updates even though I couldn't see any of the ghosts.

[IMG]

I tried the quest a second time after this happened and I still couldn't see any ghosts. I switched to an alt and then back again and was able to see ghosts for the next run.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I just tried the new quest with a level 57 swashie, who is "meh" geared. (Her gear is a mix of 42 mastercrafted and 50 handcrafted still, a lot of her CA's are adept or expert, her poisons are still level 42). The bottles are still a painstakingly long fight for lower levels. You can shave a few minutes off my time estimate with better gear and/or as a pet class who can chew through the bottles a bit faster.

Since there is no health reset before the bar fight (power reset, but no health reset) AND I forgot to clear the bar mobs before the spirit was aggro, I died in the bar. Whoops!

Upon reviving, I had to use sneak to pull the bar mobs without also getting her (she can't see stealth, they can). Then I redid the running around the house grabbing memories fights with her, then back to the bar it was. 19 minutes after starting the bottle demolition, I was done. Yep, 19 minutes, just on the bottle. Near the end I was mostly using autoattack without CAs to nurse my power along. Some of that was with poison, some without, as I apparently didn't have autoapply on and missed it running out. I'll try it "soon" with a better-geared lowbie, instead of a very rusty armorer, but the general consensus from folks so far is that if you're lower level, mentor down to level 10 if you don't want to take forever on the bottles.
    Dude, Finora, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I try very hard not to pet too many peeves, but it is one of those nigglies that is bulking up and wanting to be pet. (It really is a small thing, in the grand scheme of things, but even a small grain of sand can be irritating after a while, and I'd truly like to understand this new trend before more things are done this way.) Before I explain the pet peeve, the next paragraph is background, so I don't have to spend the next 20 posts re-explaining why folks on live seeing something other than what I am reporting.

The first batch of stealth changes to pumpkin pulping gave us rewards on Test AND Live for throwing the pumpkins, instead of just the pulper being rewarded. This was/is a great change. A level 35 mount was one of the rewards. (35 to equip, 100 for stats). It is no trade, and many are really excited about the look. Late Friday night/early Saturday morning, a guildmate apparently diso'ed the fact that the mount had changed names and stats, and when I saw it in the guild events, I did some testing. The mount had been removed from the Spirit of Giving and just sort of ... appeared ... along with that reward, when he darn well pleased ... for level 100s only**. Live still has the old version of the mount, with the old name, stats, etc., and can get for any level alt still as long as they have pumpkins stashed, but as soon as the next(?) patch hits, they'll be on the new version. (**Tested with a level 96 adventurer/100 crafter and 100 throws of pumpkins. Granted, it could be horribly, horribly bad luck, but when my 100s took 25 throws for one, and 3 for another, it seems sketchy. Nobody on Test who is not 100 reports having gotten the mount since the change went in Friday night-ish.)

My peeve is this - you've made a unique-looking mount, teased us with it being level 35 to equip, and then (apparently) prevented anyone who is not level 100 from getting one. This is the same peeve that I have with the Days of Summer mount, that is supposedly level 85 adventurer OR crafter to equip, but only level 100 adventurers can get the no-trade mount.

Why make it so lower levels who meet the equip requirements can't obtain it if they want it for the appearance? I "get" that the stats on the bat are only for level 100 adventurers, but as we've proven time and again, style and looks count to some. It is no-trade, not heirloom, so it a level 100 cannot even pass it to their lower-level siblings.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Sounds like there's some unintended mechanisms at play there, Niami. I'll ask Caith about it all tomorrow!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the neon-candy-colored Disney nightmare of a patchwork Pegasus reward from...Race to Trakanon? Anyway...if memory serves, that opened the doors to flight before 85, which is actually a pretty cool thing. I LOVED the patchwork flying lion from Heroes' Festival just last year, still do, hope they keep that around, achievement-wise, for my youngsters who didn't exist back then but do now. Being on Live, even on Test, they can get to the new requirement of 30/35/whatever (they still haven't corrected the "level 10" requirement on the lion yet, iirc) pretty quickly, but it still miffed me when one or more devs decided to yank its functionality away from us (temporarily, thank goodness) without warning and change its parameters, again without warning. :-/

After getting the KA expansion, finally (hey, it was on sale...), and upgrading later from Standard to CE, I see that the Phoenix mount is also a Flyer, also level 30. Cool! I sincerely hope it, too, doesn't get mucked about with, although something needs to be done, imho, about that gods-forsaken tail getting in the way of everything/everyone. :-/

Uwk
    very, very thankful that the patchwork lion can be used as an Appearance mount over the Phoenix... :)
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  20. Lisiana Member

I have /howl at 3 accounts worth of alts so I must be doing something wrong. I was wearing the were mask from the vendor in appearance slot
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.