Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

GAH! Well, you got me beat (though I loved Pantene De-tangler for quite awhile)...I presume you know the best ways of putting it all up and getting it out of the way when too much lingering high humidity causes madness? ;->

Uwk
    who can't even conceive of 4'4" of hair length... :eek: How tall are you? :-/
    Merriel, Prissetta and Ocarinah like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am 5'5". My older daughter has 59" of hair, so she has me beat and she is also 5'5". My younger daughter has about 7" of hair but she is only 4'10" if she stretches.

Both girls are in their early 30's now.

Cyrrena
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted the 3 sections of the New Lighthouse to Player Studio. I suggested each section be sold separately as well as in a set which include one of each section. I hope this one finally goes through [IMG]:)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Holy snot, 5'5" = 65"...59" of hair?! :eek:

Uwk
    massively impressed! :D
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Man that is a lot of hair. Must be so heavy. Hope it doesn't get too hot where you live....I would be sweating bullets.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, if you braid it or bun it or go full Bride of Frankenstein, or more esoteric things than I know what to do with hair, it's probably not as bad. ;->

Even braiding it, though, I was pretty vague on, and while it kept the back of my neck cool, there was still a lot of thickness around my scalp. X-P

Uwk
    who will probably let it grow back out for winter, and maybe get shorn again for next summer, if this "humidity" nonsense continues :-/
    Merriel likes this.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I LOVE the humidity! NOT! Walking to and from my internship in this oven-baking heat and high humidity has me sweating so bad, I can't even lean on anything without leaving an imprint and moisture behind. Icky! :/
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I remember the Jeff Dunham joke (the guy with the ventriloquist dummies, including Achmed, the Dead Terrorist [my fave! :D]) with his puppet Walter, when they were doing gigs in Florida: "Took a shower Monday; by Friday, still not dry." :-/

Uwk
    who way prefers deserts :D
    Gretel, Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Rofl, too funny. I prefer perfect, not too hot, not too cold, sunny spring or fall days. :D
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, amen, but give me temps through the 70s, 80s, 90s, even triple digits if it's dry enough. The whole "triple digits with high double-digit humidity" crapola we'd been dealing with since like JUNE (usually we don't get it 'til August, and it starts drying out by September) was just getting way too aggravating. X-P

Okay, Rawl, back to your thread! Sorry. :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

FYI, I got revision requests for these 3 parts. I'm not going to pursue the New Light house further because I think even the Dev can't make it according to his comments in the revision request. If he can, good for him. This is what, the 6th or 7th attempt to get a lighthouse building to be approved. At this point, it isn't going to happen :(

On the Player Studio Submission forum page, I challenged him to use my mesh and comply with his own suggestions. I don't think he will, but if he does, I'd like to see how he does it.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. Sheesh, what is it? They have lighthouses in the game, so they can't be that -- puzzled -- by them. :-/

Uwk
    Febrith, Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

I know this may seem like a lot of work and you may not want to consider it, Jerry, but what if you were to turn all the pieces into building blocks that could build the lighthouse to look like the one above. Such as the lower section, you could make short wall sections, with one section containing a door cutout, and the middle section you could make tall wall sections (you could even make slitted windows in a tall wall section also), and you could make the absolutely lovely staircase into separate stairs that are polygonal shaped with the larger width side having a slight curve at the same angle as the curve in the wall sections (if there is a curve), so we could make the spiral staircase inside the lighthouse. The roof section could be separate from the rail section, with the rail section either being one full round or two half rounds and the light source be a separate piece as well. Having these different building blocks to build a specific item, just as they have done with Shadowplay's items, they may consider doing for you as well. Then the pieces could be sold as a lighthouse bundle and also separately for those that want to use them for other projects. Having polygonal stairs would be pretty awesome. :D

I know this was an attempt to reduce item count in our builds but if they can't/won't approve this, then maybe you could get it approved as a building block type structure.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'm certain they won't approve "building block" type items as you described. The curved walls I previously submitted are currently "Pending Content" so if they move to "Complete" status and are added to the marketplace, they could possibly be used to build your own lighthouse but without light the on top. There is that tinkered rotating light that could be used for the light.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

FYI, here is the feedback I got for the new lighthouse:

Here is what I got as feedback:

If you look at the textures, there's a lot of similarity between them, particularly bottom/mid. The materials are also plain and normals noisy. It is a bigger item, but focus on giving the broadest surfaces the most space. The external brick could be a vertical strip down an entire side of the 1024. That way, you could but a bit of age/wear/detail/etc on the top and bottom (takes away that flat look) and still sample the middle area for other brick features. Using 6 1024s and 3 512s for this is too much. I'd be willing to increase the poly limit for the whole item to be combined, but selling this in 3 parts also doesn't make sense other than stacking the mid section higher (if that works) to increase the tower height.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

GASP! Actual feedback! :eek:

Now, why the heck couldn't they have done stuff like that for your other items... :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and Trixwynter like this.
  17. Haohmaru Developer

We do! If the item has potential, we request a revision (sometimes several), with such info. If it's an item we're going to decline, we don't provide info usually as it could be appeal, quality, sales potential, similarity to other items available, breaks guidelines, etc. There have been times where we've spent more time writing feedback than the item would have taken for us to fix, but the creator wouldn't learn that way. It's a balance we have to manage, along with lots of other things, to keep the program a success and good items flowing into the marketplace for you all.
    Ocarinah, Gretel, Rawl and 6 others like this.
  18. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Feedback and a response!! Good to see and makes us feel a bit like we are being listened to
    Ocarinah, Gretel, Rawl and 4 others like this.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, awesome to know, Haohmaru. Sounds like maybe this is an item that Jerry should continue to pursue then, because it really is a lovely item. I hope he is able to adjust it according to your satisfaction, though personally, I tend to disagree with the feedback he was given as the item is beautiful just as he submitted it. Not everything needs to have wear and tear on it...I don't know where the devs got the idea that we want everything to look aged and used. While it's nice to have aged and used on some items, it's still nice to have pristine new looking items too.

I don't see anything 'noisy' about the lighthouse he made, and that includes the interior with the teal speckled wall. I think the interior wall is lovely as it is. (I know what noise means when it comes to pixels). I can understand Jerry's frustration as he tries to meet your criteria and it's nice that you are letting him know that when he receives feedback it means there is an interest in the item, so he can know whether to continue to work on the project or not.

I also like that it comes in three pieces, because we decorators like to use parts of the whole in other unintended uses in many of our projects, so don't think it's a waste when he makes things in parts like that, please. We can find many uses for these parts, so please don't deter his making items in this manner.
    Ocarinah, Gretel, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

100% agree with this.