Zones aren't working

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bella222, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Bella222 Active Member

Why aren't the zones working? I tried to get into Skyshrine advanced solo (the hardest one) and it says waiting for zone server. 3 tries and logging out and still can't get in. Now it is heroic Temple of the Faceless that won't let us in. Please fix this breakdown. Very aggravating.
  2. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

The mushroom rings in Darklight Woods and Great Faydark are not available.
  3. ladyshotzie New Member

Add to the zones not working guild halls tried 4 times with no luck, keeps telling me waiting for zone server, but able to goto other areas with no problems.
  4. Arcos Active Member

Can't log into the 90% of my characters that are inside houses or guild hall (Stormhold).
  5. Ashla Member

Same here can't zone into any of my houses or Guild Hall .Was in Guild Hall now I can't even get back in there. /cry
  6. Tatsuki BloodDreamer Member

They know there's a problem, but Gods forbid they let us know what it is. I'd like to know if it's going to take time to correct so I can either keep trying, or find something else to do for a bit until things are running again... **sighs and wanders off**
  7. Nychola323 New Member

Figures.....Took 8 days off of EQ to have knee surgery and move. This morning was the first time logging in since and it breaks. This happens literally every time I take a short break...so really...it's all my fault.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are a number of forum posts reporting this behavior. The most likely bet is that one or more login servers is down. That happens sometimes.
  9. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Go look on Discord. They are posting there. One zoning cluster has gone on the blink.
  10. Akerin New Member

I can't log in any of my toons that are in their houses. I haven't tried going to any zones on the one toon I can log in
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

This happens on a relatively regular basis the past year (or two?). Characters that are in open world zones are (usually) accessible while characters that are in instanced zones - houses, guildhalls, dungeons - are (usually) not. And moving between them is a crapshoot.

Rolls around on average once a month - the best solution on the player end, since they don't seem to be able to squash it with a permanent fix - would be to not log out indoors. And when it does go pear-shaped, find something else to do other than enjoy your game while they work on it.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Would be a complete SWAG, but the reason we may be seeing this is hardware that's old needs to be replaced is failing. Failing to replace this stuff is like like trying to squeeze more mileage out of a vehicle that already has a million miles on the odometer. Might account for all these problems we seem around log in servers, crashing on zoning, etc. that's gotten progressively worse as time wears on. I could be completely off, but I wouldn't be shocked to discover it's the answer.
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Looks like there was an issue with one of the zone clusters this morning, but it should now be resolved.
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roxx!! Appreciate the quick update.
  15. Breta Well-Known Member

In case of DBG more like every other week to be precise.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Its not fixed yet, the grottos are still bugged.