Strange Sensations: Bugged in Cavern

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mermut, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm on the step 'Follow Researcher...'
    and he's not moving. I've relogged. I've zoned out... I've repeatedly talked to him. He won't move. So the quest won't progress...
  2. Zeffran New Member

I'm having the same issue, however I deleted the quest in the hope of starting it again in Lavastorm and the NPC is not visible to me now (wasn't visible in commonlands either which is first part of the quest I deleted). So stuck....
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Is it a persistent zone and able to be reset? I didn't have any issues and didn't even think to check if it was.

Someone in chat was asking about the Crushbone part, that they didn't get updates for shrine/orcs, they waited for reset time and were able to finish after that. Hopefully it will be the same way for your step.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For something like this, considering that the quest is short term, I'd start a support ticket. Be sure to list which toon(s) are affected, and which quest step they're on,and what exactly is or is not happening.

I'm going to guess that with the short time this quest will run, it'll be easier for a GM to manually reset the quest or progress it a step etc. (Although ya never know, they could decide to patch it!) You also might ask a dev in Discord.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Already sent in a petition.
    I've run a number of my toons through and it's only bugged out on one so far.
    I was hoping somebody else might have found a solution. At the least, it confirms that it's not an isolated case even if it is an erratic bug.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

If you delete a quest you will have to go back to the quest starter, in this case that would mean returning to Palurien in Qeynos, or Keliki in Freeport.

~ Kaitheel
    Zeffran, Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Good question! Yes, the dungeon zones for this content are persistent

What does he say to you when you try to speak with him? Is he near the entrance of the cave, or at the end?

~ Kaitheel
    Dude likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

He's near the front of the cave
    He says 'Look at all of this! Where are we?'
  9. Cronyn Developer

Can you send me your character name and server?

That's the message he gives when you're on a different stage of the quest, but it could be a persistence issue. I want to see what state your character is in so I can track down the bug.

Thanks much!
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

PM with information sent.
  11. Meshuggahx Member

I had exactly the same bug on an alt with npc in the cave. It happened because i accidently zonned out. Trying to come back 3 hours did not fixed it so i deleted the quest and redid it again and it was working after.
  12. Cronyn Developer

Thanks much - we think we've tracked it down. Putting together a speculative fix right now, and I'll get it tested today.

In the meantime, everyone stay with T'dylis when you complete the dialog, and just follow him. There might be a weird sync issue if you leave his radius while he's walking, which might bug him out and he'll never complete his path (besides, his dialog is rad).

Won't happen with everyone, but it looks like it could be a thing.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Should stuck toons delete and restart, or will the fix unstick them?
  14. Zeffran New Member

Thanks Kaitheel for the quick response, I must have been in too much of a hurry yesterday because I didnt notice it was all one quest.....

Going back to the start at Qeynos I ran through it all with no issue this time.

Thanks again
  15. Cronyn Developer

The fix should unstick you. But if you want to get it done today (and enjoy the story one more time!), then yeah - you can delete and rerun the quest. :)
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The two who are stuck are alts. I enjoyed the story on my main the other day.
    Thanks for the fix and the information :)
    Cronyn likes this.
  17. Wizx13 Member

Anyone have a walkthru on this yet?
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Other than finding the cave near the Yapping Maze, you literally just follow the directions.
    Wizx13 likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

There's a wikia page with locs for everything. It's important to actually pay attention to the dialogue boxes when you're involved with NPC quests. I've seen more people get into 'trouble' because they don't bother reading the box, miss important information and then jump into general/guild channels to ask "what do I do next?"
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author