September 2017 Producer’s Letter: It’s Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Castegyre Well-Known Member

So, again, no real information on the substance of the content or mechanics. This seems like a repeat of the last empty sales pitch for the previous expansion. A part of this company's job is to sell us on their product. Nostalgia isn't going to keep that hype train running forever. I'm willing to wait until there's some real substance, but I'm not going to hold my breath forever. Between Next, Landmark, EQ, and EQ2 I feel like CN and DBG have burned just about every bridge they can with me. Show me something spectacular. Make an attempt to live up to what PoP was, much better than the 'attempt' you made with not tarnishing Kunark. Sell me your product without making me feel insulted or taken advantage of or else I think I'm finally done.
  2. Iglu Active Member

Interesting, EQ2 has a producer.
  3. Nilyana Active Member

Still no word on when the SH to AB transfer will be happening? I know the tokens went out, but it would be nice to get some info on this...
    Tabbyclouds likes this.
  4. Ellimist Active Member

The name purge time is a little long. 2 - 3 years would have been better.

However I am glad its finally getting done.
    Malleria and Prissetta like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Not to take away from anything else being said in the thread, but does anyone else get sent to a German version of the Eq2 page if they click that link in the OP?

***as it turns out ALL the links to the main Eq2 page from the article, top of the forums, even the Daybreak Games page now all point to the German language eq2 site (which is pretty outdated).
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Me, too.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it's just the Anschluss. :rolleyes:
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Now that's what I call a pot belly! :p
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

If I already have the KA Premium Edition, can I buy it again to get the bonus items again? I'd like to get some of the one per character things over on my second server, but can't because I used them on my main server.
  10. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

As someone who has played on and off since release, (13 years but not once over the past year or more) here is what would make me want to play again.

Remove ascension, remove paying to upgrade spells, make the game alt friendly again.

Include a more cohesive storyline. The storyline of EQ2 feels like its all over the place and hard to follow/make sense of.

Heavily scale back the amount of procs on everything.

Running up to mobs, turning on auto attack and having 10+ procs / multi attacks go off in one second just feels really silly, it is beyond immersion breaking and just plain dumb.

I doubt any of that would be changed, when I want some nostalgia I am more likely to jump into project99 to get it at the moment.

I have a gripe with locked servers when you have one person working on itemization who has admitted they dont have enough time/heads to get the job done properly, and yet you require a membership to play on them.
    (Your developer Fyreflyte "...it's still going to be far from perfect...." on DoF itemization from the thread linked below)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/dof-beta-feedback.580772/page-3

Then again my idea of a proper TLE server would be one that is actually more like vanilla EQ2, and without a cash shop at all etc.

Yet I keep reading these forums daily because I grew up on the game and have put in thousands upon thousands of hours into it, hoping something would make me want to come back.

So please, what will this expansion bring or change that would make a veteran player want to play again?

Sure I will wait until October, because I have no plans on resubbing now anyways, but if you dont improve/remove/revamp many of your core systems your not going to be brining many back, at least not for any meaningful amount of time other than to login and say "Oh cool im in the PoP, time to logout and not touch it for another year"

I dont actually expect a response from the producer, your job is to make one post and then not interact with the community further than that.

inb4 bittervet
  11. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I wonder, hope, that the name purge applies to guild names too. I lost my guild name to 2 other guilds that still don't have anyone logged in since the merge :(
  12. Ellah Active Member

This is just the initial 'teaser' announcement so we can't expect too many details. Before we get into the workings, I'd expect to hear the features list (how many new zones/dungeons, the level increase, quest series etc.).
    You might get more technical answers in Discord (though, by the way people throw stuff back at the Devs in there and take everything as set in stone, I could understand they might be reluctant!) maybe?
    Although I expect most has already been decided, perhaps we could be a bit more positive and talk about what we enjoyed in POP for EQ (if we played) or would like/expect to see (if not).
    For me, I liked having the 'central' zone which was busy and had everything you needed there so we would all hang around.I liked having the zones all accessible easily from there and, of course, loved handing out buffs for people as they went off adventuring!
    Prissetta and Dude like this.
  13. Locospy Member

YES!!! everything in this comment was spot on and the memory's ... I loved Soloing potime as a wizard in cats in hats on drinal :D ... man that was fun, then the Dead man floating mass group buff was incredible :D... KEI!! omg memories ..
    Ellah likes this.
  14. Playz4fun Active Member

Thanks for the xpac update, I am ready to get started and can't wait to explore things. I tend to not pay much attention to forums (negative and too many spoilers), so it will be an adventure to me.

Just finished the pre-quest. Enjoyed the story, it wasn't too hard or took too long, and has a nice reward as well. Also liked going back to old haunts. Thank you!

Oh, and I am totally delighted that our friendly panda will remain available after the summer quests are gone. I have some alts that haven't quite reached 100 yet, and will be happy they can also get the goods. Thanks for that!
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I really do hope this expac isn't just playing on the Nostalgia factor of PoP for all the old EQ players, and is not going to besmirch the history of one of the best expacs the EQ franchise has ever seen. (Kind of similar to how KA played on original Kunark).

Until we actually get some actual detailed information, not really a lot to judge on. Kind of feels like a Producers letter would have been more valuable in a months time when it could contain some actual expac info.
  16. Ellah Active Member

There's no reason why we can't have another one with more info later. There's been speculation and people chomping at the bit on the forum here wanting some word about the expansion, and that's what this has given us. Hang in there, more will follow!
    Locospy and Dude like this.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Name purging is a marketing gimmick; they're not doing this to make current paying members happy. They send out emails, letting people know that their names might change, and those folks are lured to log into game, then decide to maybe stick around. Maybe buy the expansion. Then they remember why they quit in the first place and are gone within 3 months of coming back to the game.
  18. Ruckus Well-Known Member

If this pre-launch quest has any indication of what to expect in the next expansion, then all I can see is us running through "recycled" old content zones. I hope that's not the case, because if it is, my $40+ purchase of the expansion will get reallocated to a $100 Kickstarter investment of another game that is currently being worked on.
    Castegyre and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Can't wait. Ready for the new xpac, cause I'm a bit bored right now and dabbling in other games while I wait until this xpac pops.
  20. Xillean Well-Known Member

Eh.

I really want to be excited, like really really...

But im not. I will keep checking in and will hope for the best but not going to get my hopes up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.