Best in Slot Belts and cloaks not so best

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kickya, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Kickya Active Member

with no weapon skills on this we drop to around 65% hit rate

thanks for the NSBIS item grind LOLOLOLOL
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

huh? The cloak has +472 weapon skills
  3. Kickya Active Member

edited above 8) , Thursday Raid T4 Summoned ones

people with no belt had 100 hit rate
    those WITH had roughly 70%

has to be the lack of wpn skills on the Not So Best In Slot Item huh

[Suggestion]
    Add weapon skills to the Orange Adornment that comes with the belt
  4. olleran Active Member

Yes ,. but the belt has zero , which really effects melee as there are not many items with weapon skills primarily our cloaks and belts have provided the bulk of our weapon skills.

As the belt is suppose to be BIS and required us to buy the GM cloak to obtain the belt , any chance weaponskills can be added to the Belt of Mysteries ?
  5. Banana Tree Member

The belt is missing Focus Disruption and Subjugation too.
  6. Healsu Active Member

may I suggest getting white adornments to compensate? This game has always been making sure you gear your toon out right just throwing gear on cause it has high potency doesn't always work for every player and my guess is why some people play there toons better then others. This game has already been simplified enough and I would hate if every piece of gear has the exact same stats.
  7. Fenin Member

If you really care that much about your auto attack hit rate, just reforge 100% strikethrough and you'll never miss. Weapon skills do absolutely nothing for ca's, only auto and very little for that.

500 weapon skills won't make a 30% hit rate difference, you should learn how game mechanics work before claiming things like that. More likely is your other raiders are smart enough to get strikethrough.
  8. olleran Active Member

Actually that is not true.

I have 100% strikethrough , 34 % accuracy , all that i changed was my belt and my hit rate is down over 30%

Yes i could use white adorns , but a lot of work was put in for a supposed BIS item .

Together with the cloak's orange adorns that are either underwhelming or just broken for a number of classes. It is a lot of work for a small upgrade dps wise ( if it actually is ) from what we had before, especially if i have to start switching out 49 potency etc to get my hit rate back
  9. Fenin Member

What hit rate are you looking at? Maybe you're including spell / proc resists cause weapon skills don't make a difference.

I killed at the t4's xept trak on Thursday and had over 99%. That's with cloak / belt, 0 accuracy, and most jewelry is all defensive stats.

I don't doubt your hit rate is low, but it's not due to weapon skills, it doesn't even affect it. Weapon skills are similar to disruption on spells, it increases the variance of dmg on auto attack only, it doesn't have an affect on hit rates
  10. olleran Active Member

What is your weapon skill ?
    if you are looking at your overall to hit including CAs / procs, then yes , you will see 99% + to hit

however i am looking at either slashing / piercing etc
    also i am not talking just about myself, this effected everyone in the raid who wore the new belt.
  11. Bendark New Member

Can someone explain to me why auto attack matters?
    Kioske likes this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

it doesn't. Next question?
  13. olleran Active Member

for procs
    -Soteria- likes this.
  14. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

++
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

I think the reason is to make >> THESE BELTS << usefull

But YES, loosing 25% of skills hurts :eek:
  16. Karsa Active Member

bump -- please add weapon skills & focus on new ethereal belt or add it to fervor run that comes with the belt...
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear that procs occurred on the swing "chance" not the actual connection of the swing. It's been that way forever, if I'm not mistaken. My proc damage from my weapon as a warlock is pretty high up on my parse, and I have almost no stats into auto attack accuracy or strikethrough, my auto attack usually hits the expert raid bosses somewhere around 30-50% of the time, yet the proc damage is pretty high.
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I've been told the chance goes up the more you hit the monsters, but you may be correct. So many things are not well understood about this game's mechanics.
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

I do know that there are certain procs from class specific abilities that require you to actually land a hit, see "Reinforcement" as a Guardian, or "Mantis Leap" as a Brawler, but as far as effects from weapons and jewelry, I don't think those have ever been based off of actual landed hits.
  20. Kickya Active Member

any hit i believe can proc an item, auto spell or combat art