Vitality

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Hudi, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Hudi New Member

Is Vitality bugged or has been changed ?
    [IMG]At lvl40 i have 100% Vitality but its only enough for 65% of my Level .
    I remember 100% Vitality was always for more than 2 full Levels.
    https://ibb.co/fEO4r5
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. Atan Well-Known Member

As I recall there is a vitality pool as well, and there was a course correction done somewhere around level 52 to correct the gap.

This was from an update done to the game like 8+ years ago, so this information may have changed or no longer be relevant.
  4. Karioki Active Member

If you acquire all your xp via mob kills your vitality will dissipate rapidly. If, however, you quest the vitality will go much further as quest xp does not absorb vitality. That does not hold true for rush or regular orders for crafting however.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Um, you just said your vitality will last longer if you don't use it =/

I'm not sure that is good advice as it caps. Best to use it if you can benefit from it.
  6. Karioki Active Member

What I said is you can get more levels out of a pot of vitality if you quest as opposed to just endless grinding. For most quests you need to kill mobs and thus use your vitality.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. jessejames Active Member

your vitality last longer also because you're constantly having to run to this NPC, to this area, back to NPC. which cuts into your killing.

what you call endless grinding I call trying to learn more about my toon. Constant killing is good practice.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Again, you could reach a point you aren't actually using it as fast as it accrues. I'd recommend using it killing stuff, then go do quests while it recharges, as the kill xp for solo mobs for quests is pretty meh compared to grouping.

Also, I would never recommend buying a vitality potion, like ever. Cause you will net more from the 85 cent 50% bonus xp for 2 hours if you spend that 2 hours in a group killing mobs. It never makes sense to spend what they ask for a vitality potion, its a sucker deal.
  9. Karioki Active Member

I find I use more vitality than I regenerate even doing quests. Not all of us are in possession of personal (in my body) vitality. I am not able to spend two solid hours in a kill spree so quests work better. It's all individual.
  10. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate on the bolded part, please?
  11. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

He is saying that rush writs use vitality while crafting which I can confirm- I assume the same is true of regular writs.