Looking for Necro spell rotation current

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Anthraxiousx, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Anthraxiousx New Member

Hello i am currently building a Necro and was woundering what the current best spell rotation is. I have been reading up on some of the rotations and it seems everyone has a different one can anyone alteast give me a current rotation for endgame thanks
  2. Anthraxiousx New Member

3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

What I do typically is:

Rising tide when tank calls 10. Skull foci.

mortality mark, bloodcoil, spellbind, ascension, ascension, rotflesh unda arcane bewilderment cuz threat, ascension ascension, soulrot, dumbfires, bloodcoil, soulrot, lifetap, soulrot, pandemic or elemental toxicity(sometimes ealier and sometimes saved for adds), soulrot unda when unda is back up, try to line up rotflesh with the next time unda is back up, at which point dumbfires other than undead horde will also be back up. etc etc etc.

I keep playing around with where to stick rotflesh, unda, and the dumbfires. but doing what i said above is what usually jumps me to the top of the chart in my raid guild even though I have a 'weaker' ascension in thaumaturgist. If I had a non DOT based ascension, I would probably hit rotflesh first. I just like having it later because of how it falls on my hotbar after the initial pull, and how it lines up nicely with the dumbfires. but it is worth it casting early anyway for the slightly increased damage it can provide from whatever you cast after it.

I would also appreciate any insight that people have on this, but like I said, it works well.
    Moorefallen likes this.
  4. Moorefallen Active Member

Cap you pretty much nailed it, To be awesome learn how to surge your ascension abilities (Get act if you have not already & build /use triggers) Use act to tell you when things like celestial gate trigger so you can fire your stuff at max
  5. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Lately I've been doing it a little differently.

Same startup with skull foci and rising tide when the tank calls pull.

then when i'm getting close to the 10 seconds, i do:

bloodcoil pet attack, mortality mark, soulburn, undead horde, spellbind, rotflesh, unda, ascension, ascension, arcane bewilderment, ascension, ascension, soulrot, swarm, swarm, soulrot, bloodcoil, lifetap, then unda is usually back up, then soulrot, etc until rotflesh is back up, lined up with unda and the swarm pets and soulburn.

Something like that. I like getting as much dot running at the start as I can get. Undead horde, I count as a 12 second dot even though it shows up as a ton of different things. So it maybe takes a while to ramp up and maybe would be slower on a REALLY short fight, but it works really well lately. You 'might' be able to get more out of your ascension by casting them first, rather than rotflesh and the undead horde. but it just feels good to shove that rising tide powered army down the mob's throat right away. and my damage lately has been great, so I haven't noticed anything negative with it. if anything i'm doing the best i've done in a while.

again, the main thing is get your dots rolling while ascensions are firing so that you don't lose as much during the cast times of the ascension. all of my ascensions are also dots (except septic strike--which i save for last unless i hear someone call out glacial freeze), so that helps keep the dps steady, even if some of the skills don't hit as individually hard as what some other ascensions do.

Have fun!
  6. Knucker New Member

I dont have ascension spells so what kind of spell order would you recommend for a lvl 100 necro that is working on get kunark ascending done and epic 1.0 and epic 2.0
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

For a necro in anything twark gear and above, your solo spell rotation will be bloodcoil with pet macro, soulrot, mobs dead. As for bosses, it will be spellbind, rotflesh, unda, (most likely things dead) but if not dead, bloodcoil, soulrot, swarms, soulrot until unda back up, repeat until rotflesh back up. etc. very simple. You don't need to worry about rotation much in solo content until you start doing heroics.

But in heroics, just remove the ascension from what I said and you'll be in a good spot.

foci, soulburn, spellbind, undead horde, rotflesh, unda soulrot swarms soulrot lifetap elemental tox (could put this earlier but also could save for adds) unda when it's back up, soulrot, lifetap, rotflesh unda swarms soulrot repeat repeat repeat.

Fool around with that type of rotation and maybe add a few other things in here and there. make sure to dispel arcane on many mobs etc. have fun!
  8. Knucker New Member

Awesome thanks appreciate it. I need make some plat since my lvl 100 token guy didn't come with any money at all. I'll work on getting twark gear while I start on some of my quest lines. Think going start with to speak as a dragon
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  9. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

in anything up until KA newest content, twark gear will have you soooo overpowered, so you don't need it until you start KA, though sometimes it is nice to be overpowered while plowing through quests. Just get the cheapest level 100 gear you can find. the ToT gear will be fine for a while soloing through ToT, though you'll want to grab upgrades as you get them. If you boosted up to 100 right now, then that 100 boost gear should be totally fine until you start KA stuff.
  10. Knucker New Member

Ok thank you
  11. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

Enjoying the advice given here and adjusting my hotbars to make these rotations easier.

Question I have is do you keep on your hotbars spells that aren't in your rotation like Dooming darkness, roots,stuns, fear...

I'm a returning 50 year old gamer and my cluttered hot bar seems to be a bit harder to navigate than it did even 5 years ago.

Simply, do you remove the spells you don't use? I am gearing up for experts running heroics with my great guild and want to be set up to be as good and beneficial as possible. Thanks!
  12. Failsauce New Member

ascension+faceroll+ascension+faceroll you get the Idea #EpicPetDps /afk.
  13. Ponderous Member

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that stats are not shared with dumbfire pets, such as undead tide, and therefore ravaging and rising tide have no effect whatsoever on them. Is that incorrect?
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

I remove spells that I don't use. On most of my toons, I have 5 useful bars with one or two more that I keep hidden for occasional use.
  15. Daryl Member

Some things that can be done to better optimize:

use your Rising Tide closer to 4 or 5 seconds (assuming the tank is counting in actual seconds and not hyper-time) allowing you a quick time to swap, skull foci, and then begin your rotation.

from there, try going with this on incoming:
    send pet + soulburn, Undead Horde, Spellbind, Blighted Horde, Ascension, Ascension, Rot Flesh, other damage-y ascensions, lifetap, (can mort mark around hereish), Awakened Grave, bloodcoil, Vamp bats, normal rotation.

I'm a Thau, so I usually use Revocation of Life --> Blood Contract and pray someone has already hit one of the abilities to combo them... also they're my only 2 GM'd ascensions.

You cast Rising Tide a little later to allow you to set up certain things that allow you to make full use of the enhanced pot
    SB isn't affected by your pot, so doesn't suffer from casting it during the buildup of RT.
    Dumbfires are constantly updated to match your current stats.
    UH last 12 seconds and as such, with have maybe 2 seconds of weakened pot, but 10ish seconds of nearly double Pot, so wurf
    You cast Spellbind after UH to give UH full benefit of moar potencies, while giving 2 of your ascensions bonus potency as well.
    BH, same story as UH.
    You cast Rot Flesh next to squeeze out that last little bonus from RT and Spellbind.
    LT & Mort mark cuz fervor is nice.
    Also, Arcane Bewilderment as needed.

That opener should give you a very nice burst on pull.
  16. Daryl Member

Also, I have Unda macro'd along with Rot Flesh and on its own button. during the opener Unda is hit with Rotflesh then every 15 seconds from there that I'm within 20m of the mob.