Camping Between Characters "Loses" Your Membership

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Soresha, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Soresha Member

I've put in a /bug report for this but it doesn't fit under any of the categories very well. It's also a bit of a weird one, so if other people have been experiencing this please post up anything that helps the dev team narrow down the problem?

When camping between same/different characters (including to/from proving grounds), the game loses track of my account membership status. Suddenly it no longer recognises my subscription causing a load of problems.

Examples of gameplay problems!
    • Prestige gear falls off the character I camped to, and can't be re-equipped.
    • Can't zone into certain areas e.g. Thalumbra.
    • Characters on Fallen Gate suddenly locked and inaccessible.
    • Start seeing adverts ingame for All Access (ok so that one is just annoying).
    This has been happening intermittently for a few weeks, but seems to be increasing. Happened once yesterday, twice so far this morning. It's not any one particular character, it happens randomly and across at least 3 different characters on my account. I'm on AB, one account with a recurring subscription.

Possibly relevant... I use /camp charname all the time, I don't camp to character selection screen then select a character to log back in.

Camping to a same/different character again sometimes fixes it, but sometimes doesn't. :( Sometimes I have to wait awhile for the game to remember my membership to play the affected character.

If this happens when you're switching alts for a group or raid, and re-camping isn't fixing it, you're seriously messed up. You can't play the character that's needed.

Please devs can you investigate? Or if server and account related stuff like this is not in your Realm of Fixable Things, please send halfling-baked cookies to the appropriate Daybreak team of people who can fix it. And if that fails, send a dragon after them!
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. chunky New Member

Also happens on Skyfire server fairly frequently. Usually, the login and zone servers are getting flaky around the same time. Not sure if there is a Proving Grounds component to the problem or not but I've been running alot of underdepths in the past weeks.
  3. Soresha Member

Thanks chunky, I hadn't connected it to that. Maybe the server hamsters need the cookies. Or the Daybreak Hamster Keepers need to give them some TLC.

I've had it once coming back from proving grounds. Usually for me though it happens when using /camp charname. So I don't think it's specifically related to the proving grounds.

[IMG]

Poor hamsters never get a break! :(
    Prissetta likes this.