Direct Heals

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Airvh, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Airvh Active Member

Something I always knew was when you cast the direct heal spells it will always fill the person's HP to max. No matter which healer you are.
    This didn't really bother me until one day I saw someone trying to sell an INQ Ancient direct heal spell for several million plat. I suggested in guild chat someone should pick it up, but then someone mentioned what I already knew. It won't make a damn bit of difference one way or another because the direct heals always fill a person's HP to max no matter what.
    The dude casting heal with a Master spell and the dude casting heal with an ancient heal won't change the fact that they are always healed to full.
    Earar likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup.. It's the same with HoTs and reactives.. even the ticks are full heals. Given the current state of the game, any AAs, etc, that buff non-ward heals is pretty much pointless.
  3. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

It's even funnier for Inquisitor, every beneficial spell I cast (from heals to single target cure, Fervent Faith and Tenacity) heals group to maximum hitpoints, even if they have my HP buff and sitting over 40 ml.

Still can't prevent oneshot, though:)
    -Soteria- and Snikkety like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup... potency pools and hp pools are so far out of whack it's waaaaay beyond silly
    -Soteria- likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

and the best are melee spec healers.

u don't need heals GM or ancient
    u don't need hostile spells GM or ancient

so it's a lot of plats saved :)
  6. Fairin Active Member

ive had a heal spell not heal me to full.... >:)
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

which xpac was it ? :)

was it an app spell ? 12k potency healer ?

the only 2 places I can see that happen are : stronghold (crocodiles first named) and kaesora if the detriment isn't cured
  8. Fairin Active Member

i had around 90m hp at the time.... >: )
  9. Zelox Active Member

the lopsided power creeps in this game are so real because of things like this that don't scale at the same rate lol.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  10. Fleurs Active Member

Even on ward it doesn't help. A ancient ward is still only gonna block 25% of the incoming damage (expert). And thus will never break due do damage, only due to duration. And ancient ward does not last longer.
    At the start on the xpac, my ward warded for 30m, now they ward for 90m, and there is no difference at all, they still block 25% of damage during 30 seconds. The amount of ward is no longer meaningful.
    dirgenoobforreal and Ambi like this.